Testarossa seat belt | FerrariChat

Testarossa seat belt

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by maghriha, Feb 15, 2023.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. maghriha

maghriha Rookie

Aug 18, 2006
    Saudi Arabia
    Full Name:
    Hosam maghribi
    Hi
    I have 1991 Ferrari Testarossa US spec and i want to convert the seat belt tp Euro spec.
    Any one has set of seat belts for sale let me know.
    Thanks

2. carguy

carguy F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2002
    Alabama (was Mich.)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    There are also some interior trim pieces that are different for manual style belts. You can just install the manual belts with the existing pieces but there will be some gaps, etc. May have to buy the parts from Europe,

3. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Some pieces need to be made.

EZORED likes this.
  4. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    About a year ago I bought a set of Euro belts (different from US belts, have no provision for buzzer or warning lights) from Maranello Classic parts. They are NLA, The US belts have been NLA for some time. Maranello Classic is the sole agent allowed to reproduce genuine Ferrari parts and if they have a demand they will get more made.

5. maghriha

maghriha Rookie

Aug 18, 2006
    Saudi Arabia
    Full Name:
    Hosam maghribi
    I contacted Eurospares and both us and euro are not available. Luckily I bought used LH euro spec seat belt , buckle and trim complete set. Once I recieve it I will see how trim looks like and we can adjust the right one.

6. EZORED

EZORED Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 24, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    . I am guessing a company like Seat Belt Planet could make a belt that would be very similar to stock. the real problem are the Panels to cover the old stock mouse tracks . If you have a friend that has an euro tr to copy. it would be fairly simple. Just money!

7. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    No I bought them for a conversion on a US car. Any real upholsterer can fabricate pieces needed. Been done many times by people around country. Covering mouse tracks not difficult.

8. maghriha

maghriha Rookie

Aug 18, 2006
    Saudi Arabia
    Full Name:
    Hosam maghribi
    Yes you are right. Covering the mouse track not an issue or you could leave it as is just to cover the Chanel. Copy a euro testarossa will be good idea. Euro seat belt kit is far far away simple system rather than us spec.

9. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    The Euro seat belt kit is exactly the same except for a wire that triggers the warning light and buzzer.

Early US TR used a standard seat belt. It was only the late ones that had passive restraints.

10. maghriha

maghriha Rookie

Aug 18, 2006
    Saudi Arabia
    Full Name:
    Hosam maghribi
    You are right.Ferrari Testarossa interior parts and trim are very rare to find. Seat belts are rare to find.

11. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    They are made by Klippan, a German company. I wonder what other cars use them. Im betting except for the webbing it is the same as some other cars.

12. maghriha

maghriha Rookie

Aug 18, 2006
    Saudi Arabia
    Full Name:
    Hosam maghribi
    I contacted Klippan in Finland and they are not doing any more seat belts.Actually they are out business and another Sweden company bought them and i contact them and they are doing for busses and trucks.

13. carguy

carguy F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2002
    Alabama (was Mich.)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I once converted to manual belts using a generic seat belt set. The only issue I really had was the retractor housing was too large to fit, so I had to do a fair bit of cutting & grinding to get it all to work. I would consider searching for set belt sets for any type of Italian car...I would think something compatible would show up.

14. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    That would be a good move if you wanted current production belts. You need to research their old customers from the late 80's and find out who has new old stock Klippan belts. Ferrari was not their only customer. Ferrari is a small company. They are famous for buying existing parts designed for another car and adapting their cars to use those parts. It far less expensive than have a special design manufactured for so few units.

turbo-joe likes this.
  15. maghriha

maghriha Rookie

Aug 18, 2006
    Saudi Arabia
    Full Name:
    Hosam maghribi
    You are right. All mercedes from 60s 70s had klippan belts. The buckle inserts had different design from ferrari. Going with after market 3 point seat belt is not bad. But this is Ferrari and still you want to maintain the originality of the car. Going to manual ferrari seat belt still you are within ferrari.

16. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    The reels will need to be taken apart to replace the webbing, Swap the inserts. You are stripping out a rather obvious feature of the interior and you are concerned about maintaining originality?

Of course correct original Ferrari belts would be preferable but they have not been available for some time and its entirely possible they will not be found in any period of time you are willing to devote to the project.

17. lagunacc

lagunacc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 24, 2013
    Would 348 or Mondial belts fit?

18. maghriha

maghriha Rookie

Aug 18, 2006
    Saudi Arabia
    Full Name:
    Hosam maghribi
  19. maghriha

maghriha Rookie

Aug 18, 2006
    Saudi Arabia
    Full Name:
    Hosam maghribi
  20. lagunacc

lagunacc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 24, 2013
    I thought you were converting to Euro spec.

Anyway, you can get new 348 and Mondial belts (newer Mondials that the one you posted)

21. maghriha

maghriha Rookie

Aug 18, 2006
    Saudi Arabia
    Full Name:
    Hosam maghribi
    I am converting to Euro spec. Still I did not recieve them yet