Urus Mirror wiring for Mirror Tap on Radar Detector | FerrariChat

Urus Mirror wiring for Mirror Tap on Radar Detector

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by James R, Feb 15, 2023.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. James R

James R Karting
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 6, 2020
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    James Richards
    I'm installing the Blendmount radar detector in my Urus. I also ordered the MirrorTap to power the detector using the supplied wires within the mirror harness. I need to know which wires to connect to the tap so that I only use the power once the car is started and not the full-time power to the battery when the ignition is off. I can't find anyone that has done this and Blendmount also does not have the wire details to help me.

2. James R

James R Karting
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 6, 2020
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    James Richards
    I got this resolved. I used a multi meter and was able to correctly install the mirror tap. There are two plugs for the wires. You will tap the black into the top plug and the power (red) wire into the bottom plug. I apologize but I don’t remember which colors for either one so use a multi meter and you should register about 12-13 volts for the correct pair. Any other combination doesn’t work. I am out of town right now or I could disassemble and take a picture for you. The covers come off fairly easy in two parts. The larger flat top pulls down from the sides and the center half round bottom part slides downward. I was nervous that I was going to break a little part of the plastic, but it was just fine. The final result is the radar correctly powers on with the ignition switch and then powers off when the car is turned off.