F355 Market | Page 452 | FerrariChat

F355 Market

Discussion in '348/355' started by Robb, May 19, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Actually, I'm know as Crazy John among a certain group of friends. Something to do with the 60's and hallucinogenics. o_O

Oh please. :rolleyes: The blue spider sold at Bohmans, Amelia Island, today. Price has restated to $137,200.

Let's finally stop with the excuses.

2. Closingtime

Closingtime Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Apr 1, 2020
    As I wrote in the post you didn't read, blue cars command a premium. Congratulations on being the only FChat member who refuses to leave the old guard "F355s are worthless, but I still own one" camp :rolleyes:

3. Wsmatau

Wsmatau Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2016
    Not ideal, but certainly an "offbeat" color combo. And this car presented well. Even Ken had minimal nit-picks. If the car had been RC/Beige you'd be sighting that as too common. Stop with the excuses.

Bottom line, the bubble has burst. All the bargain hunters want to point out the cars were selling for $60-80k just 5 years ago. Most people agree that was undervalued for a truly analog exotic. Then the "dreamers were trying to convince anyone that would listen that it "is going the way of the Dino" and you wouldn't be able to find a F355 for under $300k. Eventually the pandemic didn't push the cars past $300k (let alone $500k some were calling for).

I think realistic market prices show that a really nice driver GTB/S can vary between $120-$150k. Collector type cars will exceed that, but cars that need significant attention will be below that too.

4. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    #11279 johnk..., Mar 2, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2023
    Read the whole thing.

I'm not old guard. I'm a realist. I believe that when a car sells for a given amount it is a statement of the market. I have long tired of the attitude here that if a car doesn't achieve someones inflated values then it because of some underiable feature of the car or day of the week/time of day the auction ended.

The silver GTB sold for $150k plus premium. That was all the money. The story ends there.

5. Closingtime

Apr 1, 2020
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It usually depends on which side of the fence you're on. Remind me again if you are an F355 owner?

jimmym and Wsmatau like this.
  6. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Imo, the collector rolled the dice on this putting it up for auction. Figured he’d take his chances the car does better than expected because it presents so well. Bet he’d take it back if he could. Timing is everything.

There’s not a line of people with this caliber of car trying to sell for $160-170k. The recent BAT euro cars are 1 or 2 grades lower imo with 10-20k more miles going for just a tad less.

Closingtime likes this.
  7. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
  8. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Not sure what happened to that Blue Spider, but it has one ugly looking “cuoio” interior. Perhaps it’s a rare “curio” leather @JohnK:)

9. Wsmatau

Wsmatau Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2016
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

[email protected] and johnk... like this.
  10. 355michael

355michael Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2006
    Phila Area
    I owned the 1998 B that Gooding sold today. Purchased at Cauley in 2001 and kept for about 7 years. Was looking for non red no shields 6 speed. It was a great car. Daily driver in nice weather. Hope new owner drives and enjoys it.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

ShineKen, jimmym, Wsmatau and 4 others like this.
  11. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    #11286 johnk..., Mar 3, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2023
    To the best of my recollection the interior of the blue spider didn't look as dark when I saw it in person. Jeanne didn't like it. But over all the cars wasn't that nice anyway. Plus, it had all those carbon fiber stick on's to cove the sticky parts around the gauges and on the center console. But what do I know. I'm an old man who forgets to unzip my pants when I pee.

12. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Well, I told you about my pants. From Barrett-Jackson, Palm Beach, 2009.

It sold for $59,400 at that auction. Or would you say $60k? Seems I took a nap in 2009 and woke up in 2023. :D

ShineKen and Wsmatau like this.
  13. Closingtime

Apr 1, 2020
  14. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus

Hope the new owner knows

15. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
  16. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    White car is sublime. $355kseems to a great number for that…..

I am concerned about 2033. Not sure the world will be here….but if it is, with pure electric BS, I am sure Gub’ments will require special licensing for vintage gas cars. I am sure CA will lead the way. And this thread will recall how cheap they are at $120-280k. Who knows.

5775 is going to dealer for red book at end of month. Will call Steve this week to set up. Then will send to Norwood’s for major…. Or at least get on the list. I really hate to do it, but alas, it must be done….then I may sell the spider and just drive the GTS. I have put about 500 miles on the Spider this past year. I could own GTS for 10 more years and still be under 10k miles…

There will be another cycle. Not making anymore of them. Pristine, gated low mileage GTS….$499k :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Drew_4RE

Drew_4RE Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 19, 2005
    FL
    Full Name:
    Drew
    The conversation on pricing lately really does seem to be pretty crazy. I reached out to someone that's been looking for a long time and offered them my car to which they stated 150k is overpriced and I clearly haven't been keeping up with the market. I shared the last three auctions from BAT as well as the silver car mentioned above to which they rudely suggested, "you should put it on bat then. It’s around a 6 week wait, paint meter readings , 100 photos 7 days of dealing with commenters nit picking the car, but if the paint is flawless and no issues plus everything good mechanically then maybe it pays off and you get $140-$150."

Another "buyer" said they believe they'll get my car for 110-115k by the end of the year. My advice was to keep waiting while I keep adding miles.

The market speaks for itself. Recent sales are the market.

carnutdallas likes this.
  18. OCKlasse

OCKlasse Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 5, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Brandon K
    I'm so glad I have my car and could give a rat's behind about resale at this point :)

Waggntx, mclaudio, willrace and 3 others like this.
  19. montegoblue

montegoblue Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 7, 2009
    East TN
    As I am about to have a Capristo stage 3 with straight pipes installed on my 95 GTS, I could not agree with you more

Julia, OCKlasse and Closingtime like this.
  20. tatry68

tatry68 Karting

Oct 27, 2013
    Chicago Suburbs
    Full Name:
    Stan
    I would not even entertain rude buyers. I'd rather sell it a little cheaper to a nice buyer.

21. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    The value conversation I find interesting. Not for the reason of resale.

Just that it makes me feel better about the decision that I absolutely had to have this car, and have it now, as I would likely not be able to afford it in the future.

22. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
  23. Wsmatau

Wsmatau Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2016
    Sorry, I lost track is that your Black GTB?

24. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I sold the Dubai Spec GTB in 2019 - STUPIDLY! I could kick myself. Literally dumbest thing ever. That car was 8500 miles. But just loved everything about it. Not quite perfect. Had a few pimples. But I was an Idiot! It was cheap in hindsight and the money I made was not worth losing it.

The 5775 mi car is a gated GTS - 2 owner, but the second was 22 years. I got big bucks in it and thought it was even bigger bucks. I know it is bigger bucks in the future. Literally like brand new. But peeps know more than me, sigh….I had a high mile driver GTB, 1995 2.7 and I needed money in 2021, so sold it. I actually prefer 5.2’s go figure.

I went big time in my business. Made some dollars early last year, Bought several cars. Paid off debt, invested in my business and someone on here who shall not be named yet, owes me $50k for undelivered parts. So I am feeling the pinch, a cash pinch in early 2023. Thankfully, my business is rocking, but I lost my safety net and it is in the 5775mi car….which I will probably own for many years to come. That was the plan anyway. My business should continue to recover and break revenue records. I just need to be patient. I thought I wanted a boat and a new hobby and this car would fund that. But alas, I am Ferrari poor. Could be worse problems. So I figure I do it up right. Red book it as it is 99.9% original - literally. Probably need start driving more than 800 yards at a time. I put 125mi on the Spider last weekend. Near perfection that spider for a driver. The GTS is the most perfect in every way 355 I have ever owned, been in eyesight of or driven - perfect! If the business levels up in 2024. I might go find a 1997 GTB gated and have the trifecta in Rosso Corsa….. and a divorce lawyer.

I have been whiny for awhile. Apologies to the board. I like appreciation on cars. Usually pretty good at it. The 355 is the best and most enjoyable car I have ever owned. Could careless about any thing else and should start selling my others. An Ultra low mileage original pristine car is pretty rare, so I got something- someday. Cheers and blessings to all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ShineKen, Sancho22, Wsmatau and 2 others like this.