C8 Z06 | Page 73 | FerrariChat

C8 Z06

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by sainthoo, Jun 10, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PA Wolfpacker

PA Wolfpacker Formula Junior

Aug 19, 2007
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Neil
  2. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    ^^^
    At the rate Z06's are dribbling out of Bowling Green, I can't understand why someone would flip one immediately (with no warranty) or why a buyer would buy one (for $100K over) knowing he has no warranty. Hold on to it for 6 months, it's not like there are going to be a huge pile of Z06's available in 6 months and I bet the seller would get more money for the car. This lack of warranty has to be part of why the 2 cars listed here didn't sell.

k wright, TheMayor and BJK like this.
  3. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I still think someone could challenge GM in court over this if they wanted to.

luvair and JV's89 like this.
  4. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    sell it now, transfer title in 6 mos.

5. dgoldenz94

dgoldenz94 Formula Junior

Apr 13, 2020
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    David Gold
    What could possibly go wrong

6. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Speed phenom took it to cota and car held up very well. No overheat, balanced tire and brake wear, etc after 2.19 time sessions. He had only driven there few times years ago so said had more speed to come. Its a great car

k wright, Thecadster and JV's89 like this.
  7. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    I agree...but GM has a pile of lawyers sitting around...

k wright and TheMayor like this.
  8. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    Cue the "I can't stand his whiny voice" complaints...;)

GTS Bruce and piratepress like this.
  9. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    #1809 boxerman, Mar 12, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2023
    the dealer car with warranty bid to 74k over.
    Last one on bay went to 99k over with no warranty.
    Same car only got 45k over on Craig’s list.

Seems like dealers can do better just advertising locally as opposed to nationwide on bat.

currently there have maybe been 1000 cars produced over a 3 month time span with slow ramp up.

I’d say any number of z06 buyers have deposits in so they’ll wait. Others have declined delivery when dealers asked a markup. That’s what gained with the Woodbury car.

Given that any number of buyers have 2-3 deposits in, and there is a regular c8 and now even the e Rey with wide body what do we think the real total demand number is for. A150k z06.

I think the smart guys are just sitting and waiting, no need to pay huge gotta have it now premiums. That they may be valid if they produce 5k z06s per year and e Rey zr1 etc take up some of the slack, and we see double and triple orders.

if production stays low at say 2k cars per year premiums will persist. Odds are this will not be the case. A few reasons for this. Prior z06 prod numbers and importantly amortization of the engine development cost. If they have already produced 1000 cars over 3 mo the wil a very slow ramp up then 5k or more cars per year once they’re really rolling seems plausible.

It’s a gamble but hey you can always just pay a premium next year if things don’t change.

right now 1000 cars, lmayne a few hundred bailable with adm, and 20k potential buyers yeah there’s gonna be premiums.

VAF84 likes this.
  10. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    The issue is there are warranty laws in the US and there is no "legal agreement" between the new buyer and GM for GM to fall back on. But you are right... it will scare most.

11. Bluesky1

Bluesky1 Rookie

Sep 5, 2020
    Another 1-2 week plant shutdown... At this rate they will not be able meet demand for the Z06.

12. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    From what I read, they're ramping up to 30-35 cars per day.
    Assuming no shutdowns thats maybe 6-7k cars per year.

13. Bluesky1

Bluesky1 Rookie

Sep 5, 2020
    They may ramp up to that, but shutdowns will continue and then later this year the Eray will be coming down the same assembly line, will keep the Z06 totals down.

14. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean

Yes E=rey may have an effect, but it will also hive off a number of customers who like the widebody look. The e-rey as a pure road car is superior simply because it has tq where you use it on road so the fell of power and immediate response will be greater in a road situation.

I';d also speculate that GM will slowy reduce singrey numbers and sell z06 e-rey and Zr1 because those are more profit.

were already a long long way from the 68k stingrey.

At 35-40k vettes per year i can see 6k z06s, 10K ereys and 3-4k zr1/Zoras, thats still leaves 20k stingreys. Where I live stingreys are already plentiful.

VAF84 and Face76 like this.
  15. Face76

Face76 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2006
    The Other Oz
    Full Name:
    M Wilborn
    My local vette connection has 200+ e-ray orders and he is a medium sized dealer. Can't imagine total demand for this variant.

16. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean

the e-rey not a whole lot more difficult to build than a stingray. its abasically a stingray with wider body and electrics added. GM has a lot of electric capacity.

VAF84 likes this.
  17. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    on track at COTA

lambchop likes this.
  18. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Impressive. Very impressive.

19. I would be floored if GM was able to produce anywhere near that amount of C8 Z06 per year.

Thecadster likes this.
  20. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    They've hit 35 cars per day for a few days recently. 35X200days=7k cars. Production snafus aside they seem to have planned for this number, not least because a unique engine needs a certain volume to make any sense. The beancounters wouldnt green light anything that looses.

21. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    hagarty will be releasing you tube with randy pobst comparing z07 to new gt3rs, and a m4csl (leave that one in trailer)! not sure what track, maybe buttonwillow, but i cant wait to watch.

Wikdstrate and VAF84 like this.
  22. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Waiting for the Z06 is pretty lame. I might pick up an Aston Martin vanquish S Volante and just tell my dealer get me one in a couple years. Paying $50k over for a car that I can’t get for over a year is not my idea or a good time.

MotorMouth, Alcav5, boxerman and 2 others like this.
  23. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Z06 and Eray stuff

thecarreaper, Boomhauer and italiafan like this.
  24. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith

It is just spectacular the way the E-Ray pulls away from the other two…mind blowing!

25. GTS Bruce

GTS Bruce Pisses in your Cheerios

Oct 10, 2012
    Orchard Park NY
    Full Name:
    Bruce Roche
    Speed Phenom is a nice boy. All he needs is a couple of whiskeys and smokes to fix his voice

TheMayor and Jo Sta7 like this.