Incoming- 675 LT with Roof Scoop | FerrariChat

Incoming- 675 LT with Roof Scoop

Discussion in 'McLarenChat.com' started by SoCal to az, Jan 18, 2023.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
  2. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
  3. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    Love these cars.
    Maintenance costs scare the hell out of me.
    Before the recent price rises some were going for just a tad over 200K without the scoop.

4. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona

Don’t let it scare you. These cars are fairly bulletproof. Lots of stories out there but 675 has been very reliable. I’ve got probably close to 10k miles on various mclarens and really no issues.

Gh21631 and JAM1 like this.
  5. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Gone.

6. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    "Wondering how much a McLaren oil change costs? At McLaren Palm Beach, the price of a McLaren oil change starts at $888.22, but the cost of your oil change will ultimately depend on which McLaren model you drive. If that oil change price raises your eyebrows, take a moment to learn about how that cost is broken down. We’ll also cover recommended oil change intervals. If you find yourself in need of a McLaren oil change near Jupiter, get in touch with the McLaren Palm Beach service center for help!"

Not going there.
    IIRC Mclaren says oil change intervals at 10 K miles : insane for this level of stress on a small V8.
    So I can and am willing to do 3K mile changes of oil, using the best of the very best .
    Its the dealer reset which is going to cost crazy.

This is for an oil change.
    Other maintenance sends a chill up my spine and I own a 512 Boxer

Have to say the 675LT is the very best non-supercar Mclaren investment out there.

Congrats on the snorkel car. Crazy rare.

7. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Supposedly less than 20 in the US. My service has ranged from $1500 to $3000 per service. Pretty reasonable all things considered.

Picking up car next Thursday.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Btw- all 2023 mclaren Arturo’s come with 5 year warranty and 3 years of service included.

ryalex likes this.
  9. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Btw- I don’t know why I posted the same pic twice In one thread. Thought this conversation was in another thread I was in. Lol. I’m an idiot.

10. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    Congratulations, what a perfect addition to your beautiful 765LT! And then with the snorkel, very rare, very sought after. A great choice.

I find it amusing to read all these "horror stories" about the McLaren. I also have two McLaren's in my garage and have never had any problems. The only problem I know is that I don't have enough time to drive these cars.

SoCal to az and JAM1 like this.
  11. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Sam... The car looked great! How did your wife like the 765 for the drive home?

Are you coming Wednesday?

SoCal to az likes this.
  12. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Thanks my man! Wife actually enjoyed driving the 765 for the very first time. In her head she had all sorts of thoughts that it was going to be more complicated than it was.

And yes- will be at the party on Wed for sure.

13. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    You're the man, SP. Congratulations. See ya when I'm healed up to check out the new addition.

SoCal to az likes this.
  14. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Thats incredible, I would really like one as well. Probably a spider if I can find the right one. I do think these are going too skyrocket at some point, they are truly limited and offer incredible performance and looks.

SoCal to az likes this.
  15. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    that's awesome, love the 675!

SoCal to az likes this.
  16. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Get well soon so we can get another couple rounds in!

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  17. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Great spider at my dealer. I was debating between spider and coupe and at the last minute pulled the trigger on the roof scoop. only 18 original were specced for the US. More have been sent back to have the scoop added after the fact but I feel safe in this purchase- long time will be a winner but its a blast to drive.

LightGuy and Gh21631 like this.
  18. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I'm coming this time as well. Just got back from Pebble.

Jo Sta7 and SoCal to az like this.
  19. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Good. I need help with my slice. Had it figured out for a while and its all gone to **** lately.

Gh21631 likes this.
  20. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I have (we all have) heard amazing things about the 675 and after almost 2 months of ownership, I wanted to offer a comparison of the Mclarens Ive owned (own), focusing on the 675. Of the 3 Ive owned (720, 765, 675) I currently only own the 765 and 675, having traded the 720 for the 765. These arent the only cars in the garage. Ive owned pretty much everything (Ferrari, Porsche etc) but the focus of this post is going to be just on my Mclaren experience.

The 720 does everything well. Its a great daily, ride is smooth. If I was to get one today (or spec the replacement as its a non limited edition) Id go for the comfort seats, carpet on the sills and minimal to no carbon. Id keep the price low and drive the snot out of it as its a great daily, take the wife out for dinner car. Tons of power, sound not the best relatively speaking but I personally never had an issue with it. All in all awesome all around car that pretty much does everything well. Right now around 250-275k for a used model - this is the bargain of the century in the supercar world. For driving around town- this car cant be beat. Really for many things, this car is hard to beat.

The 765 does everything the 720 does but better. More power, more raw (this may not necessarily be a positive based on your personal use case) better sound. My 765 is equipped with carbon sills and Senna seats. While the whole look is amazing, with the carbon sills, you have to be more careful getting in and out so you dont scratch them. The Senna seats while super comfortable once you are in, arent the easiest to get in and out of. The power is unmatched in anything Ive been in. I took my buddy from a stoplight the other day - he was in his SF90. I think he was shocked that I beat him. The looks, the stance- everything is just perfect on this car. Is it "better" than the 720? Well- again, depends on use case. For a daily driver? For a date car? Not so much with the Senna seats. But from a driving perspective, Ill take a 765 over a 720 (and most other cars) any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

This brings me to the 675. I had heard rave reviews about the 675 from pretty much everyone that has owned one. Most of the P1 guys still have their 675s and its a car that they wont sell. Its universally acknowledged as an amazing car.

Is it actually an amazing car or is it a bunch of hype? Well, yes. Its raw, its loud, its engaging. The steering is just spectacular. Its tight, you feel connected to the road. The carbon tub makes a huge difference compared to a non carbon car. So yes, I would unequivocally say that it is an amazing car. Its a 2016 and car still looks like its from the future. Very well designed car from an esthetic point of view.

The one thing that has spoiled me though is the 765 power compared to 675, The 765 just pulls and pulls where the 675 has a bit more turbo lag. If you take it in the mountains and twisties as well as the track- the car is ideally suited for that. If you are using it to tool around town- the 675 is probably not the best car for that particular use case. One the rpms get up, and you start cranking the downshifts and start taking corners, the car is just amazing.

Is it perfect? Well- here are a couple of things that I dont like about my 675- quirks that Im getting used to.

1. P1 seats. Ive written about this earlier- im getting used to them but they are not my favorite. I have the narrow version which for my 6'4" frame is not ideal. Will probably not swap them out due to the hassle and cost but the narrow P1 seats just suck. Comfort seats would be awesome. I like the Senna seats much more. But reality is after a few months, Im just used to it and not as big of a deal as it was originally.
    2. Turning radius- Jesus- this is really horrible. Im used to it now but most u-turns are 3 point turns. Im shocked how bad this is in the 675. lol
    3. Car sits a bit low- not a huge deal- just have to use the lift more but stance and everything is proper- just takes a bit getting used to compared to the others.
    4. Power- Now this is a tough one. There is plenty of power in this car. Minus the slight turbo lag at low rpms, not sure you need any more. But if you drive the 765 and how it pulls, that just spoils you. Its just so much more powerful. Cant really blame the 675 for that and chalk it up as a negative but regardless I felt it should be mentioned. There are times where I think an ideal Mclaren garage would be a 765 spider specced like mine (all carbon interior, Senna seats) and then a coupe with comfort seats and carbon sills for more daily use, driving around the wife.
    The 675 for me personally however is not going anywhere and will be a long term keeper. Im really enjoying the car. The roof scoop one is 1of 18 originals produced and it really adds a nice flare to the car. Would I buy a non roof scoop car? I think if I had to rank it, it would be roof scoop first, spider second, coupe 3rd. This is interesting as I almost bought a non scoop coupe. I dont think I would have enjoyed it as much.

So that begs the question- which is the best car? Honestly and Im sure no one wants to hear this- depends.

765 is just the goat and frankly there is no comparison to the others- but is it worth the several 100k premium? For me, yes. For others, maybe not.

But the real question is would you get a 720 or a 675? Again depends on your use case but a case could be made for either one. Tooling around town I think the 720 is a better choice. On the track or longer mountain drives- I think the 675 is the winner there (maybe).

At the end of the day, Im really enjoying my Mclaren journey. The cars they put out are fantastic and my recommendation is to drive each car you are contemplating buying. They are different and unique and each serves a different purpose.

I hope this was helpful.

1Superleggera, sainthoo, FLGT and 3 others like this.
  21. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Congrats on the purchase. Next up: P1 or Senna?

SoCal to az likes this.
  22. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Let’s see what the future holds. All purchases suspended till end of year. Waiting on construction to end on our home . I have no garage space.

23. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    I love my 570........ However, as the year progresses I think I may add a 720, and an AMG S Class Coupe (now THERE is a take the wife to dinner car! :)

Sam..... are you coming out to Penske this weekend?

Oz-ATL likes this.
  24. FerrariFinally

FerrariFinally Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2018
    Roseville, CA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Great writeup and thanks for sharing!

SoCal to az likes this.