Sold - 1991 Testarossa (US Version) - red/black | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Sold 1991 Testarossa (US Version) - red/black

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by Steve Magnusson, Dec 10, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bagelboy

bagelboy Karting

Apr 18, 2016
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Henry D.
    She's a beauty, and who could blame you if you bought her back! I've done that with two of my old F-cars, so I completely understand.
    Sent from my SM-G988U using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Testarossa Lover likes this.
  2. bagelboy

bagelboy Karting

Apr 18, 2016
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Henry D.
    I really appreciate the insight, and I am aware that you were the previous steward of this beautiful automobile. I think the seller is shady, and that's why I asked for your unvarnished opinion. Thank you for your assistance. I will report back if a deal materializes.
    Sent from my SM-G988U using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson

Attached Files:

4. Schulz308

Schulz308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2014
    STL USA
  5. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.
  6. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    Oh man, breaks my heart to see this car being flipped. I have a friend who was looking and I TOLD him to buy this car from Steve, without a PPI, just pay. He procrastinated. I can't blame the flipper to do a flip for a profit. This is a free enterprise. A flipper will flip.

7. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.
    I've bought and sold over a hundred cars, some I never drove. But I never bought one telling the seller some BS story about it being my dream car and stuff.

Like last year I sold my 24' enclosed Haulmark car trailer and the buyer was all into this story about how he needed it to move is daughter to Tx and they were leaving right then. It was on Craigslist for a nice profit that night 200 miles north of me. There was no reason to make up a big ol story for me. And his description didn't outright say, but alluded to him using it to mostly store classic cars and was kept inside and all that stuff I told him.

8. c4b4the04

c4b4the04 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 9, 2017
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Cassidy
    Breaks my heart to see this one fall into flip-zone. Such a clean interior....man you kept that car pristine. I can safely say that if it weren't for FC members like you I wouldn't own a Ferrari. So with a lot of respect for your work, it is hard to see one on CL that really is sorted out. Cest la vie

9. spyder625

spyder625 Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2017
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike
    stupid question but if its steve's car and all that good reviews on it. why hasn't anyone from this forum bought it yet..... seems like a good deal under a 100K

10. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    $99.5K seems a little too high to me, but low $90K's wouldn't be too unreasonable IMO. Would love to see the list of "best offer" bids that he will get from his eBay ad (and if he accepts one)...

Face76 likes this.
  11. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Complexity/cost has put me off newer cars as well. I miss my 328 (and that era of Ferrari), and my '93 911 is about as new as I want to go for a fun car. I wish I had put as many miles on my 328 as you did on the TR.

2cam likes this.
  12. spyder625

spyder625 Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2017
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike
    alright makes sense...