Adhering new Pinifarina badge | FerrariChat

Adhering new Pinifarina badge

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by Scout123, Mar 22, 2023.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Scout123

Scout123 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2017
    I ordered two new badges to put on the side of my 458 spider from Ricambi.

they arrived, but we’re barely stuck to the paper they came on. It does not seem like there’s going to be nearly enough adhesive to hold these on the side of the car.

suggestions?

2. ShadowLAP

ShadowLAP Formula Junior

May 15, 2017
    SW Suburbs of Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Lawrence P.
    I would pick up 3M double sided tape. I have moved an Italian tri-color emblem from my former 360 to my current 458. I removed the original tape on the emblem and reapplied new tape when I moved it to my 458.

Rexcat458 likes this.
  3. Scout123

Scout123 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2017
    I’ll give it a shot, but the badge is very narrow. Tape hold up to weather, washings, etc?

4. Extreme1

Extreme1 Formula 3

Jun 27, 2017
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Yes the 3M tape is great and will hold thru washings and hot weather. Follow the directions on the package. I think you have to push and hold it in place for a couple minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

ShadowLAP likes this.
  5. ShadowLAP

ShadowLAP Formula Junior

May 15, 2017
    SW Suburbs of Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Lawrence P.
    As Extreme1 states 3M double sided tape holds up well and is used in adhering factory installed emblems. Be sure to clean/degrease the paint before applying the emblem. You could position the emblem and hold it in place with a small piece of Painters tape but normally the 3M tape will adhere quickly. If you ever want to remove the emblem that use fishing line. You can fairly easily pull and slide the fishing line behind the emblem and the tape will come free from the body. I've removed and reinstalled emblems before with great success. Again, make sure you always clean/degrease the surface.