1999 360 cat question | FerrariChat

1999 360 cat question

Discussion in '360/430' started by Poodie, Mar 23, 2023.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Poodie

Poodie Rookie

Feb 10, 2004
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Hello all,

I have a 1999 360. I installed a TopSpeed stainless exhaust the other day and I love it, but I wanted to add their 200 CEL high flow cats. To give me a better chance of not getting a CEL, they recommended an O2 sensor spacer. Seeing as my OEM headers are catless, my cats have an O2 sensor before the cat, after the cat, and the thermocouple I’ll need to screw in as well. I ordered two spacers, not realizing at the time I (maybe) need four. My question is, should I get two more? Or is it a scenario that one’s in front of the cat shouldn’t be affected and I really only need to gap the ones after the cat? I feel like that makes sense but I’m really trying to avoid taking this bumper off for a third time haha!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. clean512

clean512 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 4, 2010
    Full Name:
    Josh @jtcarprojects
    Tune it for the right way. And then you can maximize everything

3. Poodie

Poodie Rookie

Feb 10, 2004
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    Michael
    What are my options for doing that? I hadn’t really looked into that yet. The only tuning I’m familiar with are just off the shelf tunes, like I did for my Subaru and what not.

4. Some Guy in the sky

Some Guy in the sky Formula Junior

Sep 19, 2018
    Does a modern 200 cell throw any codes on a 99 using oem o2 sensors?

5. priericky128

priericky128 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2021
    St. Louis MO
    Full Name:
    Rick
    +1 on tuning. It's not worth messing around trying to not trigger a CEL. Trev360 is the right person for this.

6. RedTaxi

RedTaxi F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 1, 2012
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Glen
    I fitted test pipes to my old euro '00 360 with catless headers. Instant CEL. Swapped out for 200 cell cats and no more CEL.

7. Poodie

Poodie Rookie

Feb 10, 2004
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    Michael
    What am I missing here? My O2 sensors appear stock or they are at least the Bosch 0258007001. I wasn’t sure if Bosch supplied OEM or not. Either way, there’s no way this is reaching. I called TopSpeed and they said it fits with OEM sensors, but it’s not going to reach. I haven’t taken the panels off because I’d rather not mess with the air box off, but I can’t feel any slack. Surely I’m not going to have to splice these wires right? The rear O2 and temp sensor fit no problem, but the fronts don’t really enter the cat on the same side as the OEM ones but they have plenty of their pics on their site of Top Speed cats bolting to the stock headers. Does this have anything fun to do with mine being a 99 vs later years? I wasn’t sure if they made any location changes of things or if it was simply adding cats to the headers on 2000+.

Thoughts? I’m lost.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. Poodie

Poodie Rookie

Feb 10, 2004
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Never mind, air box is coming off lol. Ugh. I’m trying to put this thing back together but here I am, taking off more parts to take off even more parts.

I also sent Trev a message, thanks!!

9. priericky128

priericky128 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2021
    St. Louis MO
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Yeah when I did my o2 sensors the air box had to come off.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

10. Poodie

Poodie Rookie

Feb 10, 2004
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Man it’s a little tighter than I’d hoped but with the air box and panels off, got it all on.

I talked to Trev’s US counterpart, pretty interesting. I’m going to drive it (assuming I can get this all back together) and go from there but his tune sounds like the way to go.

11. clean512

clean512 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 4, 2010
    Full Name:
    Josh @jtcarprojects
    Over 2 years with the tune. Its been a true game changer.

360trev, duck.co.za and crinoid like this.