Glickenhaus? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Glickenhaus?

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by Whisky, Mar 8, 2023.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    A statement of the actual facts as they really were, which you have stated incorrectly

2. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    Incorrect information needs posting about in any thread, not just that one.

3. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    Please keep the 0846 debate in it's dedicated thread, thanks.

damian in nj, BJK, Devilsolsi and 2 others like this.
  4. Jor

Jor Rookie

Mar 20, 2022
    Full Name:
    Joe Teasley
    Although cheesy..."The Soldier" was partially prophetic....

5. Jor

Jor Rookie

Mar 20, 2022
    Full Name:
    Joe Teasley
    Well I went into the Glickenhaus paddock Friday night. The 007 had a wire short in the wiring harness and since they couldn't get the car into the pit...they were DQed and couldn't finish the race. I will say that the 488's, 296s, 911s etc...look gigantic next to the hypercars, LMdH, LMPs etc...

Great sounds last weekend...

Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    I think James is a very talented marketer, has a strong legal team, and I respect his current racing efforts.

Texas Forever likes this.
  7. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    I look forward to the day when I no longer care about Jim Glickenhaus one way or the other. He is not worth the heartburn.

8. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    #58 BartonWorkman, Mar 25, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2023
    There always seems to be some controversy surrounding JG no matter what.

I first met him at the 2004 French Quarter Classic where he had a huge display of his classic cars set
    up at the end of the paddock at No Problem Raceway. I have to admit, I had no idea who he was or anything
    about him but here he was, a super nice guy giving me a personal tour of each car with great detail, will
    never forget it.

Fast forwarding a bit to when we started the Palm Beach Supercar Weekend events a couple years later,
    there was JG once again bringing out P4/5, P4, GT40, etc. The long-running feud between him and
    John Barnes which played out on F-Chat regarding the authenticity of the P4 #0846 and controversy
    surrounding P4/5 played right into our hands as Barnes had barred JG from showing them at Cavallino
    and we were more than happy to have them at the International Polo Club and subsequently the downtown
    West Palm Beach venue.

Prior to the 2007 Palm Beach Supercar weekend when we had announced the appearance of P4/5 and
    P4 #0846, I had received what amounted to a warning about the car's appearance by a dear friend and
    one of the principals of Cavallino (magazine and event) who told me "You better watch out!" as if the
    heavy hand of Ferrari would come swooping down from the sky and smite our little event for having these
    cars on display alongside Brad Kettler's Audi Sport Team Joest Audi R8 (among others) in the main display area.

What was Ferrari North America or Ferrari SpA going to do? They weren't sponsors of our event, they had
    no say in what we had or didn't have on display; I shrugged off the warning. Of course, nothing happened
    and the JG display was hugely popular with the thousands of spectators on-site at the Polo Club
    which really turned out to be a really huge, landmark event as we basically shut down Wellington that day.

We knew well that JG's participation was a thumb in the eye to John Barnes but what did we care? We
    had a couple of the coolest cars on the planet on display, and this was P4/5's first official appearance on
    the east coast after its official debut at Pebble Beach.

JG did stir the pot when he unloaded the cars at the Cavallino track event at Palm Beach International Raceway
    (RIP). The famous video of JG casually unloading the cars off the trailer, driving P4/5 out of the paddock and
    down the driveway with Barnes running behind yelling and shaking his fist in the air all the way out the gate.
    Masterclass.

Over the years, JG and SCG has been one of our most stalwart participants in our events at the Miami Concours
    in the Design District and Bal Harbour Shops Collector's Weekend. JG's enthusiasm hasn't changed a bit, he
    will hang in and talk about his cars to anyone who will listen and he's always a compelling character. We missed
    him and the CGT team this year at Miami Concours but he brought out some great stuff last year for the event.

BHW

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login View attachment 3500412

Attached Files:

Bas, Ryan S., BJK and 1 other person like this.
  9. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    that day can be today :)

Texas Forever and rob lay like this.
  10. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    To be fair, all Glickenhaus' movies that I have seen were cheesy but had some interesting points, he had some talent.

11. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    If it wasn't for these damn posts on FerrariChat, I could.

12. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    I read them too and I don't give a ****.

:)

Ryan S. and Texas Forever like this.
  13. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Ye$, but I under$tand that Texa$ Forever ha$ rea$on$ to be up$et.

Texas Forever and GuyIncognito like this.
  14. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    It's more than the money, although, that wasn't trivial. I need to give it up.

15. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    holding a grudge is like drinking poison hoping the other person dies

tritone, Ryan S., BJK and 2 others like this.
  16. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    I HATE my Siamese twin . . .

17. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    It's more like knowing the rest of the story is very different from what many fanboys say. What I have to give up is this need to set things straight. Truth is nobody cares expect me and a handful of other people who all know the rest of the story.

18. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    There's 3 sides to every story. ;) ............ and another one. Two opposite opinions can both be true. :D

19. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
  20. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    Love the black SCG 003. :cool: The 4dr Boot should be next. :)

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Bas likes this.
  21. Ryan S.

Ryan S. Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 20, 2004
    Potash thing?

22. Ryan S.

Ryan S. Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 20, 2004
    Is the video still out there?

23. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    One of the rules I would love to see changed. Any outside assistance and you are done. I love that IMSA lets the teams repair the cars and go back out.

BJK likes this.
  24. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    That's one of the fundamentals of endurance racing, I would think, like a test of reliability.
    If you break down and are left stranded on the course, unable to rejoin your pit without assistance, well, you are OUT !!!
    Having a course car towing you to your team where repairs can be done goes against the spirit of endurance racing, IMO.

I also don't understand it when cars that cannot finish a race are still classified in the result; it shouldn't be.
    Only those still running when the chequered flag drops should be included; the others are DNFs.

These 2 issues show that the sporting rules are different in the USA than in Europe.

4re4ever and stever like this.