Purosangue | FerrariChat

Purosangue

Discussion in 'Purosangue' started by Sargepug, Mar 22, 2023.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Would you buy one?

1. Yes

72 vote(s)
    51.4%
  2. No

60 vote(s)
    42.9%
  3. Undecided

8 vote(s)
    5.7%
  1. Sargepug

Sargepug Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2020
    NYC
    Curious to see how this particular crowd, responds to this SUV! In Italian, it translates into "Thoroughbred". Would you guys buy one?!
    https://www.ferrari.com/en-EN/auto/ferrari-purosangue
    I showed it to my 15 yr old son, who is very well seasoned / exposed to exotic cars, shows, tracks, etc., due to yours truly. His immediate first impression, might have ruined it forever for me. He said it looks like a Mazda CX!!!

PS: I myself exotic SUV wise, have really taken a liking to the Urus, in which a lot of people mistake my Cayenne GTS coupe, shown here.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. PMiranda

PMiranda Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2004
    Austin, TX
    I don't have a need for an SUV so I definitely wouldn't buy a Purosangue, but if I need an SUV, I don't want a pretty one. I love that my pickup is scratched and dented and can go anywhere, even if it's not a high performance vehicle or particularly special.

italiafan likes this.
  3. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Long Beach, CA & Alexandria,Egypt.
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    I think this particular model only super die hard ferrari fans will buy...there are plenty of great SUV /Cross overs for much less and if you really want a "Super SUV" the Lamborghini Urus looks so much better & sportier than this thing...

Sargepug likes this.
  4. Sargepug

Sargepug Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2020
    NYC
    Agreed! I think they missed the mark on this. The only styling props I can give off the bat, is the suicide doors....

5. Sargepug

Sargepug Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2020
    NYC
  6. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    For an every day suv driver…I’d rather have something I can put miles on and not get beat up as bad as putting miles on a Ferrari. I just bought a base engine 2022 Cayenne Platinum…. Drives great, enough power for highway and suburbs. Drive and park it anywhere. I had a few Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4 TrailHawk V8…loved those things… but the Cayenne is awesome.

I do like the looks of the Ferrari Puro….but for my finances and use it would not be a good choice.

MarkTodd likes this.
  7. I’d rather have a GTC4Lusso V12.

But if you gave me a Purosangue I wouldn’t turn it away.

8. axlesofevil

axlesofevil Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 14, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    Would I buy one? I mean... there are probably two dozen or more cars I'd buy first. But yeah I guess I'd eventually get to it.

I don't really understand the point of exotic SUVs. If I need the utility of an SUV but want a bit of pep I can see getting a Cayenne GTS or an X5 M or something. But those are a fraction of the cost.

What's the towing capacity of the Purosangue? I guess it'd be fun to tow my Ferrari to the track with a Ferrari. :p

DefunctNeurons and Rexcat458 like this.
  9. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Saw the car in person on the weed end , Its bloody awesome. However the price a bit of a hard pill to swallow

TR007, mdrums and Ash Patel like this.
  10. Ck10022

Ck10022 Karting

Jan 15, 2023
    Manhattan NY USA
    Full Name:
    Chris Kossifos
    I think my X5MC is way nicer and sportier. This suv I really wanted to love but I hate it. Terrible looks from the outside. Only redeeming factors are the suicide doors and that NA v12.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

11. Kent Adams

Kent Adams Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 11, 2020
    Agree, the GTC4 Lusso is the one I would buy. I do like the Puro though, but the cost is way out of my playing field for an SUV, and its not really even an SUV. I do wish my SUV had better handling and speed, but it doesn't.

12. Kent Adams

Kent Adams Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 11, 2020
    Check out the new BMW XM. I've been looking at speccing one of those.

13. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Lambo and Ferrari jumped the shark by deciding to build SUV's. LAME.

NGooding and Agent Smith like this.
  14. axlesofevil

axlesofevil Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 14, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    Didn't people think the same thing when Porsche started building the Cayenne. And now they sell more Macan and Cayenne than the rest of their lineup combined.

The Urus and Puro are different sorts of cars than the Cayenne, but if revenues from the SUVs are going to help with R&D for the rest of the lineup -- like it does for Porsche -- I'm all for it.

15. Sargepug

Sargepug Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2020
    NYC
    This is well said and reflective of this month's writeup in "Prancing Horse". Enzo was reluctant to build street cars, but needed to, in order to support the race team. Today is the same philosophy, of sell what the mass market demands, to fund excellence!

Rexcat458 and axlesofevil like this.
  16. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    There are styling cues I like, but I just couldn't stomach paying $500k. For that you could have 3-4 other exotic/lux SUV options - a pair of Urus or 3-5 mint condition Bentaygas/Cayenne/etc.

Boomhauer likes this.
  17. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    I’m ordering one as I have 4 kids and see good use for it. It’ll probably replace my FF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KZEVO, Rexcat458, Sargepug and 2 others like this.
  18. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    I love it. Prefer it hands down to the Urus in pretty much all aspects. Urus is in your face, and this is beautiful to me. Plus....V12.

Rexcat458 likes this.
  19. emmholla

emmholla Karting

Dec 15, 2018
    I like it. However if I want to drive a Ferrari I'll choose the sports car before the suv. And if I'm feeling for an suv there are soo many cheaper options that make more sense.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

20. PowerLabs

PowerLabs Rookie

Apr 26, 2010
    My little joke is that “Puresangue” is Italian for “Brand Dilution”.
    Can’t blame Ferrari for jumping on the SUB bandwagon when it has proven to be (by far) the most profitable market segment to be in, specially now that they answer to shareholders as a publicly traded company, but it certainly does go against the ethos of the company and its founder.

I’m sure they will sell as many as they can make though.

Agent Smith likes this.
  21. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK

You are quite mistaken, sir. The Puro will account for less than 20% of the annual Ferrari production. They just made this model, in place of the Lusso, as a more usable alternative to that.

22. PowerLabs

PowerLabs Rookie

Apr 26, 2010
    The Lamborghini Urus has outsold all other Lamborghini models put together since the first one.
    The Cayenne is the best selling and most popular car in brand’s history.
    I think you’ll find a similar tale for every SUV from every brand too. It’s hard to Imagine Ferrari won’t want to capitalize on consumer demand, even if the V12 launch model is limited production.

axlesofevil and Sargepug like this.
  23. Sargepug

Sargepug Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2020
    NYC
    FYI All,

According to the article I read in Prancing Horse, Ferrari already sold all out for the year.

24. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    I get you point out that your picture below the question is a Porsche but might be helpful to have an actual PS as people vote?