Moved to Miami 2 weeks ago- Need service recommendation for "beater" Lambo | FerrariChat

Moved to Miami 2 weeks ago- Need service recommendation for "beater" Lambo

Discussion in 'Florida' started by scootmchoot, Mar 29, 2023.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. scootmchoot

scootmchoot Rookie

Jul 31, 2011
    Hey Fchatters! I just pulled the trigger and moved down from Oklahoma to Miami earlier this March and had the unfortunate luck to have a right rear tail lamp break at the plastic mountings on the drive down.
    I've got a 2007 Gallardo Spyder that I refer to as my "beater" or daily driver as I've had her just shy of 11 years and at 84,000 miles and being treated more like a normal car and less garage queen (though mechanically maintained to a very high degree), she's less the usual exotic garage queen that most Lamborghini dealers and exotic independent shops are used to seeing.

Have always been blessed to have an amazing mechanic in Oklahoma and the guys at Norwood Auto Italia in Dallas before that have made ownership easy and wonderful.

Having both the immediate need of a tail lamp as well as wanting to establish a good relationship with a good mechanic to keep the hobby enjoyable- does anyone have any good recommendations? I have an R8 I will be bringing down shortly and generally go through Lotus Exige and Elise phases as well, so would love to find a reasonable and reliable mechanic who doesn't look down on driven or less than perfect cars!

Thank you and excited to be down here in Florida.

2. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    Nice to hear someone drive their Gallardo so much! I'd like to try an LP Performante at some point so I'm glad to see they're fairly reliable.

I can't help you with Miami mechanics as I'm in the Jax area but I am selling my Elise with a supercharger in case your Elise phase comes back soon :)

Good luck!

3. dustywusty

dustywusty Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2017
    Florida
    Agreed with Fiorano. Also, that's awesome that you're using it. Congrats on the move.