LaFerrari replacement: v12, no hybrid, less power than SF90stradale? | Page 56 | FerrariChat

LaFerrari replacement: v12, no hybrid, less power than SF90stradale?

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Ale55andr0, Dec 24, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jsh458ft

jsh458ft Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 9, 2020
    PA
    TT would imply twin turbo

2. Johnny_Bravo

Johnny_Bravo Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2012
    V6 twin turbo engine.

Remy Zero likes this.
  3. Johnny_Bravo

Dec 7, 2012
    I have not had the pleasure to drive one yet, but I hope I will in the future.

They simply have way more HP now, that's why they might be faster, but they don't offer the same driving pleasure.
    And since we are talking about speed, a F50 GT is still faster than any car Ferrari has made to date.

4. Johnny_Bravo

Dec 7, 2012
    So what if it would be dangerous ?!? No offense, but people have become incredibly weak and cowardly in this era.
    If you drive a very fast car, you gotta be prepared to deal with any potential risks. If you're afraid of the risks, drive a Prius.

5. Rosso963

Rosso963 Rookie

Sep 8, 2017
    The big question is AWD or RWD

6. Johnny_Bravo

Dec 7, 2012
    There's nothing stoping someone from building a car without those stupid electronics. Who will know if you build a car without them ?!???
    You can simply bribe your local institution and register the car.

7. Johnny_Bravo

Dec 7, 2012
    AWD sucks, RWD is more fun.

8. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    That's why I told you to drive some older cars. The new ones are better in every way you care to mention (speed, brakes, steering etc).

The F50 GT is a race car that never raced. As such it is non existent really. A modern race car would run circles around it, if it wasn't capped by regulations.

Stop talking nonsense pls... Have you heard of the term "type approval"? Every manufacturer has to meet certain criteria in order for their products to become road legal in certain markets.

9. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    there has to be some sense of reality though, look at what Chris Harris said in his review of the 296 - "don't turn the electronics off ever, regardless of how good of a driver you think you are - it will just spit you out instantly"

similar comments were made about the Pista

10. Johnny_Bravo

Dec 7, 2012
    I'd rather drive a car that doesn't have any electronics at all. If it spits me out, so be it.

11. Johnny_Bravo

Dec 7, 2012
    I have driven older cars, I like the F50 way more than any modern Ferrari.
    And you can upgrade the brakes on the old ones too.

The F50 GT is faster than an FXX, 599 XX, FXXK, etc. And I bet it would even beat any GT3 Ferrari with some tweaking (aero, brakes).
    The caronly weighs 900 kg, it's an art piece. The modern ones are porkers,they weigh 1400-1500 kg.

Yes, and they will send one that meets the requirements to get approved, then build ones without electronics, nobody will know.

12. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    The F50 GT was a race car. The others you are talking about are not. Even then, we don't really know how quick the F50 GT really was, since it never raced, or had its laptime released. It was a top class endurance racer though, akin to today's 499P! Nowadays an F1 car weighs about 900 kilos, fully fuelled and with a driver onboard. Weight is just a number, if the car is engineered well.

Are you an adult? Do you even comprehend that such a stunt would send the management to prison and the litigation would shut down the firm?

Rosso963, mayer, Senad and 2 others like this.
  13. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
    AWD will accomodate total power numbers right side of a 1000CV number, and secondly, because that is the configuration on 499P, which has been told to be the godfather of the powertrain for the upcoming road hypercar.

AWD by means of electric motors is to maximize otherwise overwhelming power and performance , see the solution on SF90 Stradale.

14. Johnny_Bravo

Dec 7, 2012
    We know how fast it was, faster than anything Ferrari has ever built, expect for F1 cars.
    The F50 GT was lapping Fiorano in around 1 min 10 sec. And that's a regular F50 GT, the one that only had 750 HP. Art's F50 GT1, which has over 950 HP, with improved brakes and tires, easily shaves a few seconds of that time.
    By comparison, the FXXK does a 1:14.

Take Schumacher's F2004, put some slicks on it, and let the engineers improve the aero a bit, and it obliterates modern F1 cars, which are waytoo heavy and hideous (due to the garbage HALO).

Actually I'm almost 40 and what I said is doable in Eastern Europe.

15. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    There is no official data for any of that.

First of all Ferrari is a law abiding, global company. Secondly, promoting Mafia style practises is beyond ridiculous...

Rosso963, mayer and Senad like this.
  16. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    I’ve had a few drinks tonight and for what it’s worth I respect your crusade but it’s never going to happen with Ferrari

Johnny_Bravo likes this.
  17. Rosso963

Rosso963 Rookie

Sep 8, 2017
    How will the Ferrari halo V6 keep up with the V12 hybrid Revuelto

jpalmito likes this.
  18. Johnny_Bravo

Dec 7, 2012
    The old Ferrari's don't have electronics. And you can buy a new one and hire a good engineer/mechanic crew to remove all of it's electronics and make it lighter.

19. Rosso963

Rosso963 Rookie

Sep 8, 2017
    Why would anyone do that?

20. Johnny_Bravo

Dec 7, 2012
    Like I said, to make the car way lighter.

21. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Control electronics are not heavy. At any rate, the objective is to make the car quicker and more usable. Weight and power are just figures. What matters is how it performs and feels.

The Revuelto is an SF90 Stradale competitor in terms of price and performance. The Ferrari halo car will be much more expensive and quick.

22. Rosso963

Rosso963 Rookie

Sep 8, 2017

I dont see how can the next gen hypercar be “much more quick” than a SF90.
    I think this will be a way smaller leap in performance than the Laferrari was compared to a 458.

23. Rosso963

Rosso963 Rookie

Sep 8, 2017
    Center lock wheels would cut it for me as a weight saving measure. I would really like to see them on the new halo car since every previus halo had center lock wheels.

24. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK

Certainly more powerful, maybe lighter due to carbon chassis, and with more extreme aerodynamic, mechanical and electronics solutions. The hypercar has always been a cut above the rest of the Ferrari range.

25. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    The marketing’s department will say this engine is directly derived from F1 and LMH..

Oh wait just just say nothing about Formula One référence this year !:D;)

Senad likes this.