Lamborghini Revuelto | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Lamborghini Revuelto

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by Jonathan19, Dec 31, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dksu

dksu Formula Junior

Oct 18, 2010
    Hawaii
    Full Name:
    David
    I don't know, the front end almost doesn't resemble a lamborghini.

2. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    There's an option to paint the piece underneath the headlights in body color - Should help

nickbains26 likes this.
  3. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Should be painted black. However, it appears it can be damaged as it is wide open to pebbles/road debris/etc, so those radiators (my assumption) are hopefully made of some strong metal so they do not develop a leak, but maybe they will have a protective screen (once the cars are in production).

F2003-GA and Boomhauer like this.
  4. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    First glance..I see Corvette..BIG time C8 vibes. Big McLaren back end copying going on there too. The car in my eyes..is a customized Aventadore using various body bits from other cars.

Very corporate..Zero feeling in it. That said..in person it may be a very different story. JMHO..worth exactly what you paid for it.

kane00, Nuvolari, sailfly and 4 others like this.
  5. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I really am not sure about this car. There are parts of it I like and parts that don’t work for me. Similar to the SF90. It’s also heavier than the SF90 with the same HP. Overall, I think I’d take this over an SF90 but only just. I don’t think this moves the game forward at all. I’d keep my 765 over both.

imahorse and willcrook like this.
  6. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    It took time to get the Aventador past the teething stage, the first 2+ years of the Revuelto might be good to watch from the sidelines and see if they got it right, but, as shown today, its not ready. For instance, when the Murcielago was first revealed (I was there), they started it up and drove it up on stage, that is how it was presented, and then the next morning it was the lead car from the factory to downtown Bologna...in other words, it was ready. I did not see any video of the Revuelto being started much less driven today at its reveal, just what appears to be incomplete stationary models, I wonder if any of them actually work. Anyone have video from today of those cars being driven (not previously prepared video but 'live' video from a non-factory source)? Any showing the front trunk opened?

Jo Sta7 and Boomhauer like this.
  7. j09333

j09333 Formula 3

May 7, 2004
    Make it rwd and I am in.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

8. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I’d love to get one assuming my 6’4” frame can fit but to me I’ll wait for a few years. Good thing. (Bad?) about lambo is this model will be here for 10 years with us. Lots of opportunity to enjoy it and the coming models (sv,svj, etc)

sailfly and Boomhauer like this.
  9. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Not sure on the overall design but the improvements in the chassis, tech features and V12 plus electric are all good.

Jo Sta7 and Boomhauer like this.
  10. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    I have done several searches and reviews and I think they "made up" this back story of some fictitious bull named "Revuelto", you can find the Miura bull line, the Murcielago, and Aventador but, zippo on the name "Revuelto", I think they made it up.

It would be useful if they were to produce the verifiable historical documents regarding this.

However, Revueltosaurus has a lot of history, as an ancient lizard dinosaur...from, get this, Bull Canyon:

https://www.researchgate.net/figure/Postcranial-elements-of-Revueltosaurus-callenderi-from-the-Bull-Canyon-Formation-of_fig2_281408734

I think that's where they "associated" the name, and crossed it up with a "Bull" reference...if they were honest about it, I do not think there was a bull by that name, much less a famous one, there is no history for that.

So, that would mean the Germans are having fun, calling their new car, a dinosaur, both in what it consumes (the so-called dead dinosaur juice, oil, which, actually is not from dinos at all, as it is abiotic, need proof, search on 'Titan hydrocarbons') and what is represents (i.e. V12 going extinct) (and, yes, I think this may be their way of signalling no more V12s for Lamborghini).

I think that is the true reason they chose the name Revuelto...

11. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I think it looks neat, frustrating for those who paid $3m for a Sian only to have this look better for 1/4 the price.

Okay with the name I guess but it makes me think of "scrambled eggs" in Spanish (huevos revueltos). There's a plate for Brooks of Dragtimes when his yellow one arrives: HUEVOS.

VAF84 likes this.
  12. 400GT4doors

400GT4doors Karting

Jan 2, 2009
    Vigo, Spain
    I think (as a Lamborghini enthusiast for more than 40 years) that this design couldn't be more far from what Lamborghini DNA is.

13. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    A shame they shaped one of the last glorious NA V12 with such uninspired design..

14. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    I'm a Lamborghini guy.......BUT I will say with late model cars, I prefer curves instead of angles. Makes me appreciate that I never sold any of my vintage models.

It is nice that Lamborghini and Ferrari are on opposite ends of the earth when it comes to design. 2 very different approaches. You either like curvaceous bodies or fighter jet stealth which, in my opinion, is getting old BUT...there is something for everyone I suppose.

VAF84, Juvendude and mt_jt like this.
  15. Skyler

Skyler Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Skyler
    Was also the case with the Reventon - rebodied Murcielago with an outrageous price.

Revulto looks great. I'm sure they will sell tons of them.

ryalex and F2003-GA like this.
  16. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
  17. Spyder-Man

Spyder-Man Formula 3

May 11, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Corvette. McClaren, NSX influences. The tech will be epic but I’m no fan of the clothes.

The downside of long term retention of the same design team. Its not outrageous, nothing new. Disappointed.

I’m sure they will sell. But Lambo needs to move towards some fresh ideas. I do really love the Fezza SP3. They nailed it there!

EMILIO, jpalmito and Boomhauer like this.
  18. 400GT4doors

400GT4doors Karting

Jan 2, 2009
    Vigo, Spain
    I believe that, more than a question of curves or angles, (or a combination of both) the failure is the saturation of details in a single body. And also, details that do not agree with each other. The design does not flow. It's just a bunch of details that don't fit together.

This happens in all the special editions of the Aventador, in the horrible Huracán STO, etc... Mitja Borkert's era as chief designer at Lamborghini must end as soon as possible. Lamborghini's dna is to design cars for gentlemen drivers, not for rappers...

19. radback

radback Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2020
    France
    Big let down on the aesthetical side. It looks like an Aventador with a very bad body kit and too big wheels (21 and 22" wheels? Come on!).
    Interior is not bad though, and I'm sure the car is technicaly brillant, but still...

20. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Looks fine to me. I'd never mistake it for another brand.

F2003-GA likes this.
  21. islerodreaming

islerodreaming Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Full Name:
    John - a proud Australian man
    Building cars for gentlemen drivers ended when Ferruccio left, from then on it was mainly the gold chain wearers that were catered to..

95spiderman and G. Pepper like this.
  22. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    I think it looks great. Was in N.Y. to pick mine out and I was impressed. It has a city mode that is all electric and quiets down the car. If you live in a community, you can sneak out before turning on the gas engine. This should help with the neighbors. Looks special in person.

G. Pepper likes this.
  23. Slicknick

Slicknick Karting

Oct 15, 2019
    Willebroek, Belgium
    Full Name:
    N. Y. Yazgan
    Or with one’s wife, during any possible night trips to the mistresses

polishhammer83 and 400GT4doors like this.
  24. spooky

spooky Rookie

Mar 14, 2010
    Here is what happens when you replace Italian designers (de Silva, Perini) with a German designer (Borker)… the last car designed by Italians will remain the Aventador.