Wanted - F355 GTS or Berlinetta | FerrariChat

Wanted F355 GTS or Berlinetta

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by 458Piloti, Nov 1, 2022.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 458Piloti

458Piloti Karting

Dec 4, 2019
    Newport Beach, CA
    Hi, just sold my 458 a couple of months ago finally, and now ready to buy a F355 GTS or GTB not interested in a spider. I’m looking for a Gated manual but will also consider F1 .

I’m not interested in buying through any dealers or brokers, I want to find a car that is enthusiast owned and deal directly with the seller. Located in Newport Beach ,CA and also have a home in AZ but not afraid to travel for the right car if necessary.

Quickest way to contact me is to email me direct at [email protected]

BrianNYC14 likes this.
  2. kryten2001

kryten2001 Formula 3

You have taste my friend. The 458 and 355 are on the same pedestal. If I ever were to sell my 355, it would be for a 458.

Good luck in your quest. Good ones are getting harder and harder to find.

Wait for a good gated example.

BrianNYC14 likes this.
  3. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Long Beach, CA & Alexandria,Egypt.
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    @Yellow Compass has his GTS on bat, good car and you may be able to get a "deal" on it cuz of a minor carfax ding

4. 458Piloti

458Piloti Karting

Dec 4, 2019
    Newport Beach, CA
    I just saw the car on pcar, may bid there but prefer a car without accident history

5. barkleyweber

barkleyweber Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2022
    Iowa
    Full Name:
    Jon weber
    Email sent

1998 355 GTS F1 8000 miles. Pm me if you don't the see email. Thanks

6. barkleyweber

barkleyweber Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2022
    Iowa
    Full Name:
    Jon weber
    Clean carfax

7. 458Piloti

458Piloti Karting

Dec 4, 2019
    Newport Beach, CA
    thanks replied.

8. BrianNYC14

BrianNYC14 Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2014
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Brian E
    That's great that your interested in a gated 355 Berlinetta, they are awesome cars and I hope you have a nice one in your garage soon. 458's are excellent too, that was the first Ferrari I drove and it was memorable.

9. 458Piloti

458Piloti Karting

Dec 4, 2019
    Newport Beach, CA
    thanks Brian , the 458 was great but it was time to move on, looking forward to the 355 experience if I can find the right one

BrianNYC14 likes this.
  10. jumbolino

jumbolino Rookie

Sep 18, 2005
    Dubai
    Full Name:
    Hans Juergen Grosser

11. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    If you liked the DCT in the 458 you might actually like the F1 system in the 355, its very mechanical, everything about the shifting feels like a gated 6speed, very different than the 360 430 F1which have some electronic help going on, and you can get a 355 F1 for a lot less than a manual and convert it later on, thats what i did with my personal 355 i had....

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  12. Redsteed

Redsteed Rookie

Aug 24, 2019
    Full Name:
    Mauro Marchese
    There are 3 or 4 for sale right now in Ontario and one in BC. Look at auto trader.ca

13. 458Piloti

458Piloti Karting

Dec 4, 2019
    Newport Beach, CA
    I’ve never dealt with importing a car and I think it would be too costly and complicated, it’s just not for me. I’d rather buy a local USA car.

14. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    ^ Understand that point of view. It is inexpensive/easy however.

15. Targatime

Targatime Formula 3

Feb 22, 2014
    Los Angeles
    OP you're creating for yourself a lot of unnecessary obstructions to finding a car. There are only a handful of GTB/GTS 355's for sale at any time. It's not like buying a Corvette. You want one local, no dealers or brokers, and no Canada. Good luck.

Drew_4RE likes this.
  16. Drew_4RE

Drew_4RE Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 19, 2005
    FL
    Full Name:
    Drew
    Not just that - he’s out of whack on the market too.

ShineKen likes this.
  17. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Is it really all that limiting to say USA car from private party? Private party is where most of them transact these days anyway, right?

18. Targatime

Targatime Formula 3

Feb 22, 2014
    Los Angeles
    I think it's pretty limiting -- plenty of people hand their cars over to a broker/dealer to handle the sale. I bought mine from a "dealer" (a one-man operation consigning high-end cars) and it was owned by a wealthy enthusiast who took great care of it but didn't want to personally go through the hassle of selling it. So my GTB would be off the list. It's not just limiting, it's irrational. A good 355 doesn't become a bad 355 just because a dealer is selling it.

19. Drew_4RE

Drew_4RE Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 19, 2005
    FL
    Full Name:
    Drew
    Who did you use? As a guy getting ready to sell his 355, the last thing I really want to do is go through the trouble of listing it and dealing with people that just want to haggle. I'm in S. FL and need a broker...

20. Targatime

Targatime Formula 3

Feb 22, 2014
    Los Angeles
    I don't know anyone in FL, but if I was selling my car in CA I would definitely try to arrange something with @Tarek307 -- he has a well-earned reputation for trustworthiness in representing cars and knows 355's well.

21. Drew_4RE

Drew_4RE Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 19, 2005
    FL
    Full Name:
    Drew
    Yeah, I know Tarek - he's a great guy and if I was local I'd definitely beg him to help me out!!

22. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    Thanks guys but Tarek will only sell his own cars that he buys w his money lol, i've only EVER done 1 sort of "consignment" and it was for a close local friend..not saying i'm totally closed to the idea, but i just don't prefer it, would rather just make a strong offer for a car, buy it and be in control of the process from A to Z.

JSinNOLA likes this.
  23. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    I’m going to date myself a bit, but the beginning of this post reminds me of Bob Dole referring to himself in the third person…:D;):D

carnutdallas, Targatime and Tarek307 like this.
  24. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    hahahha...

25. DUB101

DUB101 Karting

Nov 9, 2009
    Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Daniel Dragas
    With all respect. I can absolutely understand the reticence purchasing out of country. We have even gone so far as to purchased out of North America on occasion, it certainly does take a little faith in the system and understanding who you're dealing with and even having someone local who speaks the language if English their first.

I know it is less common for a U.S client to purchase from Canada Vs. a Canadian buying from the U.S. However we do have an established path for purchase, import/brokerage, and transport to make it all quite a seamless experience. Put simply, we have done all the heavy lifting so you really don't have to.

I am in Ontario, Canada and currently have two manual GTS examples available that are publicly listed and a GTB that currently is not. With that said, we also just sold another GTB to a client in Texas a few days ago and a very unique spec F430 last season to a client in Boston (would be happy to send you to his review on his experience with me as a reference) in addition to a number of 355/360/430 examples both F1 and manual. Yes, I am a dealer but if you have a look you can see what everyone else who deals with me already knows. That my business was born from passion and enthusiasm for cars. Buying/selling them became a by product of the detailing studio it started as and blossomed into an enthusiast sanctuary in my little neighborhood here (@thedragasautogallery on Instagram if anyone is interested in perusing)

With respect to the market on these cars and manual Ferraris in general, everyone is entitled to an opinion and I have heard every single one of them.

But good, bad or otherwise. I'm always happy to have an open discussion about it :)

If you take into consideration colors, versions, mileage, condition, service history, purchasing from a private party, locally etc. You may really be narrowing your search or eliminating a potentially qualified example. There is no pressure at all but you are welcome to respond here or message privately if you may be interested. Should you decide to stick to your current criteria and I can help in any way even answering questions or directing you to an example already in the U.S I would be more than happy to.

Happy Hunting!