First Drive 2023 | FerrariChat

First Drive 2023

Discussion in 'New England' started by Anthony James, Mar 29, 2023.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Anthony James

Anthony James Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 27, 2012
    Essex
    I’ve had my 612 in storage since November 15 2022. All I did was park her, roll the drivers window down a couple of inches, and turn the master battery switch to off, lower the trunk lid NOT LATCHED and put the car cover over her. It’s garaged with a bunch of other cars (mostly from Germany) in a secured heated garage as I’m having my own property renovated.

I got the call yesterday “Tomorrow, can you pull your car out for a couple of hours? We need to pull two other (German Cars) cars out behind you”. Sure, I will be by at lunch.

So it’s been five months and I always read about other owners having battery problems, and keeping their cars on the trickle charger, so it crossed my mind that this might turn out to be an issue, and suck. So I was prepared mentally, but not physically to see how this was going to play out. I even compiled a small list of destinations in a 25 mile ride should this go well. The bank, the post office and a return trip on 128 between exit 16 and 17.

It was a nice dry day today with recent rains washing the winter salts away so road conditions were looking real good!

Cover off, Trunk lid open, battery switch turned to on. Moved the drivers seat all the way forward, and back, sit down turn the key and wait for test, and Bingo started up like it was parked yesterday! SWEET. Let her warm up until the water gage moves, and away I went.

I missed that more then I knew. I had a **** eating grin on for most of the ride. She is back in the garage with all those Porsches, but I will leave the master switch on as it looks like she needs to go out more often.

Cheers!

2. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    It's a great feeling for sure. People always say don't you wish you could drive your car year round but I think it makes us appreciate it a little more after going without it for 4 or 5 months.
    I live at a ski resort and pretty much if someone throws an ice cube out their window 5 salt trucks come out so I'm patiently waiting.

3. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
    Another couple of weeks and I’ll be visiting the storage facility.
    Can’t wait.
    Boat docks went in this week.
    Spring is springing.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

johnep, Anthony James and Nospinzone like this.
  4. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    That's on your face every time I see you! :D (Great post)

BTW, who's going to the FCA C&C in Stoneham this Sunday? I'll be there

Anthony James likes this.
  5. spider348

spider348 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    Where in Stoneham?
    I grew up in Stoneham. In Boxford now.

6. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    With this mild winter and lack of salt on the roads, I've had my Cali out regularly. Hoping to make it out to Stoneham on Sunday.

Anthony James likes this.
  7. 71veedub

71veedub Formula Junior

May 31, 2006
    Boston/North Shore
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Hi John, pretty sure I met you in 2006 at one or two north shore meets at Beverly Starbucks.. I had (have) a black 928 and have since added a 993tt, 550, and 512tr, and moved to Boxford from North Andover. Where in Boxford are you (message if you prefer..)?

Greg

8. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    The Dunkin Donuts in Redstone Plaza, Main St just south of 128, 8-10 AM.

9. chucklehead

chucklehead Karting

Mar 28, 2005
    Beverly, MA
    Full Name:
    Charlie
  10. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    Sorry we missed this, a little too cold and windy to get up early after a late Saturday night ;) but hope to catch the next event!

11. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Excuses. Charlie was there. I was looking for you. And besides, that biting wind really woke us up!

I forgot to take some pics, but I think Gino has some.

12. johnep

johnep Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 28, 2022
    Seacoast NH
    Full Name:
    John Powell
    f Image Unavailable, Please Login

We did the first top down rt 1A New Hampshire cruise of season the other day. It was wonderful! Our marina is putting the docks in and we have a launch date of May 2. Its going to be a very good year. Happy spring all!

13. Ferrarinh

Ferrarinh Rookie

Mar 26, 2023
    Newmarket NH
    Hi, just picked up a 2000 360 1 month ago and took my first NH 1A drive last weekend.... see you on the road!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Timo Seefeld, johnep and Nospinzone like this.
  14. johnep

johnep Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 28, 2022
    Seacoast NH
    Full Name:
    John Powell
    Hello neighbor! I am sure we will see each other over the summer. I am having my knee replaced June first so I will be out of commission for awhile. But we can stay in touch and do a cruise.

Ferrarinh likes this.
  15. Ferrarinh

Ferrarinh Rookie

Mar 26, 2023
    Newmarket NH
    Best of luck with the knee replacement! Would love to meet up and ride sometime. I am in Newmarket.

16. johnep

johnep Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 28, 2022
    Seacoast NH
    Full Name:
    John Powell
    There is a car get together at Gibbs Garage on Rte 1 in Portsmouth Tuesday nights. We are going if you are free.

17. Ferrarinh

Ferrarinh Rookie

Mar 26, 2023
    Newmarket NH
    hi, cool, what time can i ask? if weather is good i will look to be there.

18. johnep

johnep Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 28, 2022
    Seacoast NH
    Full Name:
    John Powell
    5:00 to 6:30. They have great burgers too!

19. johnep

johnep Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 28, 2022
    Seacoast NH
    Full Name:
    John Powell
    Ferrarinh likes this.
  20. Ferrarinh

Ferrarinh Rookie

Mar 26, 2023
    Newmarket NH
    ahhh ok, just noticed i am travelling next week but will try for the week after.