Robert Ingram's Passing | FerrariChat

Robert Ingram's Passing

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by rampante550, Mar 31, 2023.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rampante550

rampante550 Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2010
    NC
    Full Name:
    D Day
    I didn't see a post here about this, so it saddens me to share the passing of Robert Ingram. I know he was known for his Porsche collection, but he was also a true Ferrari enthusiast and perhaps the strongest pillar in the greater NC car community. Mr. Ingram was truly a great man. He not only had one of the best collections in the world, but he was unusually generous in sharing it with others.

I met Bob when I was a college dropout washing cars and got to know him better as his primary contact for all-things Ferrari over the next several years. I thought when I left the business and had nothing more to offer him that he would never take my calls again, but instead he took an even greater interest and inspired me to get my masters at Duke.

I really think he's one of a kind in the car world and hope he had comfort in knowing his two sons will carry forward his legacy for many years.

https://news.yahoo.com/former-glaxo-ceo-porsche-collector-224155203.html
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    I made my living in the life sciences here in RTP and Boston. He was a powerful force in the biotech/pharma/drug development world. When I first started consulting in 1995 with my partner, the late Rick Fisher, Bob was generous with his time. I always enjoyed seeing Bob at the FCA-NC meetings and of course visited the Ingram collection in Durham a bunch of times.

Diehl Jones likes this.
  3. Diehl Jones

Diehl Jones Rookie

Jul 3, 2020
    Fayetteville, NC
    Full Name:
    Diehl Jones
    He was wonderful to know. I met him through the Pinehurst Concours and he made everyone feel welcome and needed.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

4. luv2detail

luv2detail Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2006
    North Carolina & SoCal
    Full Name:
    Jason
    That's sad to hear. I only met him once through Chad McQueen, but he was delightful. I had the pleasure of working on a few of the cars in the collection.