I pity the artists whose work will be pillaged by AI | FerrariChat

I pity the artists whose work will be pillaged by AI

Discussion in 'Creative Arts' started by bitzman, Mar 26, 2023.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    I can't remember the nme of the new app but I gather there's a new AI app where somebody can type in type in an artist name , say, "Bob Peak" or "Syd Mead" and their work can appear and then they can type in a car name and load that image onto the artist work and in about 30 seconds have work to sell. In this e-bay ad they don't say it was AI created but do say it's Syd Mead inspired so all you are illusratuon or industrial design grads who have work posted on the net, it's gonna be a bumpy ride--you against AI.

Here's rhe copy from the e-bay ad:
    ShopTheDigitalArt

Follow
    3 sales|5.05 out of 5 stars (1 review)1 review
    Syd Mead Style Futuristic Cityscape Wall Art Digital Print
    Price:$4.20

• Digital download
    • Digital file type(s): 1 PDF

Feel your walls come alive with this bold and colorful digital print of a modern and futuristic cityscape. With its vibrant blues, pinks and oranges, this piece instantly brings a new energy to any living space. Painted in a distinct Syd Mead style, it will add a touch of style, imagination and future vision to any wall.

Lusso123, jm2 and Texas Forever like this.
  2. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
    Midjourney 5

It’s frightening the results it churns out. Will be interesting to see the long term effects.

jm2 likes this.
  3. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Ive been a professional artist for 35 years and i dont see a problem here. Humans have been ripping off other artists since art was created, so whats the difference if AI rips humans off?

Schultz and jm2 like this.
  4. craze

craze Formula 3

Mar 5, 2021
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I think the concern would be the rate that it churns it out