Sold - 2023 Corvette Z06 | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Sold 2023 Corvette Z06

Discussion in 'Cars' started by davenichols, Sep 30, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. spyder625

spyder625 Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2017
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike
    never happen to dealerships... all the power too them, supply and demand. people must be buying. I mean Cadillac is charging way more for the escalade V (50-125K over msrp) when they sell em. they would have to punish everyone..

2. BOOMER7

BOOMER7 Karting

Jan 3, 2009
    #77 BOOMER7, Mar 26, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2023
    3 years later the base C8 still selling over msrp.
    It’s a whole new world and generation of car. mid engine and buyer demographics .
    A new Z06 will never sell under msrp
    Book it

3. topcarbon

topcarbon F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2006
    There is one listed for 190k right now
    Still 60k over

4. SirTony76

SirTony76 Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2004
    MN
    i was offered one at MSRP; estimated delivery this summer. if i thought i could make $50k flipping it i would have gone for it as i dont care about future allocations from chevrolet.

5. PA Wolfpacker

PA Wolfpacker Formula Junior

Aug 19, 2007
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Neil
    That is amazing. Guys at Ciocca and MM who have been in line for years are still many months away for their cars.

LARRYH likes this.
  6. SirTony76

SirTony76 Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2004
    MN
    The reason I even enquired was that a friend of mine on the east coast told me he was offered one at MSRP (he is a c8 owner), and I thought for sure he was confused so I asked around at dealerships in my area (Midwest). It seems if you are willing to do some leg work these cars are to be had at MSRP, at least in the near future.

LARRYH and k wright like this.
  7. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    Offered a car in stock at msrp or offered a spot to buy one at msrp? There is a big difference.

8. GTS Bruce

GTS Bruce Pisses in your Cheerios

Oct 10, 2012
    Orchard Park NY
    Full Name:
    Bruce Roche
    Ordered mine exactly the way I wanted it. $5000 deposit. Eighteen months wait. Final price MSRP including deposit. Had a Ferrari. This car zero problems. Not afraid to drive it HARD or park it anywhere. Chevrolet trained corvette mechanics at every dealer. BTW bought a Tahoe high country at the same time.

VAF84 and of2worlds like this.
  9. Shorn355

Shorn355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    #84 Shorn355, Mar 27, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2023
    So you "ordered" it in September of 2021 with $5k down and just received it and paid MSRP less the $5k deposit right? Thats awesome- Pics?

Did you trade "the Ferrari" you "had" on the custom- specd ZO6 you ordered in September of 2021?

Asking for a friend-

Cigarzman and Ck10022 like this.
  10. PA Wolfpacker

PA Wolfpacker Formula Junior

Aug 19, 2007
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Neil
    He must be referring to a C8, not a z06.

11. Shorn355

Shorn355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Well the title and entire discussion of the thread is "2023 ZO6" - So just anxious and amazed that this individual apparently was able to "order one exactly the way he wanted it" in September of 2021 with $5k down and apparently has taken deliivery of it and paid MSRP less the $5K deposit- and "drives it hard" and "parks it anywhere" which is just awesome -

So anxious to see the pics- It will give the people who are paying $100k over MSRP and weren't even able to "order one exactly like they wanted it" in 2021 some hope :D

PA Wolfpacker likes this.
  12. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Why would I buy one for over MSRP. I don't want one and I dont particularly think it looks good and I need visceral stimulation looking at a car I own.

I currently have a beautifully modded C6 427 convertible with 550+ RWHP. I actually am thinking of moving the car as every time I go for a drive I find myself doing well over double the speed limit accelerating hard through 3rd or 4th gear, with 2 to go. The car handles amazing, but to even feel the g forces or come anywhere near the limit I'm flying, which gets very concerning.

Last year after selling my BB 512i I looked at maybe getting a mid year, but drove one and that solved that itch

I will say one thing having had 2 ferraris, a older Jag and some other stuff. More modern corvettes, C4 forward, are the bang for buck car it's said to be.

13. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Its the same reason I have ordered one. But the dealers still suck and Chevy isn't saying anything about production numbers or when. And I've waited LONGER than you and have a new C8 from the same dealer I ordered the Z06 from. I'm guessing I'm still another year out.

If a flipper paid over MSRP for their original purchase, its unlikely flipping it will gain them any money. At best a few grand over what they paid. According to GM its OK for dealers to flip cars, not individuals.

14. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
  15. Scott98

Scott98 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2004
    Weston, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Crazy. Good for the seller though.

16. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    Headed to NCM in Bowling Green in late April to run with Chin Racing. Since it’s too far to trailer my car, the plan is to do an arrive and drive with a C8 Corvette. While there, is possible I’ll rent a Z06 for 4 laps, which should give me a decent perspective on its performance relative to the C8 and the 458.

Given the other cars I currently own, I am not lusting after the Z, but will be seeing how it performs on a tight track.

Gh21631 likes this.
  17. 1mean3

1mean3 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 26, 2012
    Yesterday, (2) Z06 Corvette's sold for $100k over MSRP at Mecum Glendale. One of them was a 70th anniversary that sold for $275k without the 10% buyers premium.

18. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    4 laps is about all you can get if hard braking then be careful.

wthensler likes this.
  19. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    Wow, whether from fade or pad wear, that would be a bit of a disappointment.

Never been to NCM, but it looks like a pretty closed track with lots of turns. I wouldn’t expect it would be terribly hard on brakes like Sebring. We shall see.

20. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    True, what we own will belong to somebody else and the gov of course who many feel will waist it. And if time is the most valuable asset, and life is about experiencing the most enjoyable experiences possible as Brian Tracy has said, then that person is the real winner. It's all in perspective now.

21. wings2

wings2 Rookie

Jan 18, 2020
    #97 wings2, Apr 25, 2023
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2023

22. BOOMER7

BOOMER7 Karting

Jan 3, 2009
    Last one sold 190k. Market slowing a bit
    Obviously the Z06 is a great car by all accounts.

k wright likes this.
  23. FerrfanFL

FerrfanFL Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 8, 2021
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Ara
    solid 9 second car without mods...unreal...

k wright likes this.