Porsche "substantially" raising prices for 2024? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Porsche "substantially" raising prices for 2024?

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by Pawilly, Mar 20, 2023.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Shorn355

Shorn355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Now THAT is a 911- Beautiful :cool::cool:

Island Time likes this.
  2. Island Time

Island Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 18, 2004
    E. TN
    Full Name:
    David
    Thanks. 40k miles in 5 years.

3. Shorn355

Shorn355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I think Porsche took a nap around 2015 and agree for the most part- But they woke up in 2018 and are back to exciting- Albeit pricey and/or hard to get- MB to me is still about as exciting as a pelvic exam- Classy and great quality but not exciting IMHO -

Island Time likes this.
  4. Shorn355

Shorn355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Flippin beautiful- The epitome of a 911 - :cool:

5. mikesufka

mikesufka F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 4, 2006
    Crosslake, MN
    Full Name:
    Mike Sufka
  6. zygomatic

zygomatic F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2008
    Washington, DC
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Porsche is doing something they do pretty frequently when they introduce a "RS" version, and that is nearly stop (or fully stop) production of the "regular" GT model to produce RSs in the final year(s) of the run.

For example: Porsche made 2300 991.2 GT3s in MY 2018, and 120 in MY 2019. They made 0 991.2GT3s in MY 2018, and 1184 in MY 2019.

This is pretty common: they'll just make GT4RS going forward

7. TTEC

TTEC Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Frisco, Texas
    Full Name:
    Terry Tecco
    My favorite color! That is a great car! My GT3 is Saffire Blue!

Shorn355 and peterp like this.
  8. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Our Macan is Sapphire Blue also -- it's the only car I've had where people have rolled down their windows at stop lights and said "nice color!". When people see the car for the first time, they invariably compliment the color and ask fr the name of the color. This happens literally about 90% of the time I pull up in someone's driveway for the first time.

9. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    MB isn't supposed to be exciting. They are supposed to be elegant and competent, and sometimes that's what you want. Although, once in a while they add some excitement under that veneer-- I drove my 300SEL 6.3 to work today. My 25 year old son probably described it best-- "At first I thought it was some boring old beige Mercedes. Then I drove it, and wow!"

10. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Mercedes is apparently axing the C cabriolet and coupe, and the A class. Maybe a move to make the marque more exclusive again.

Btw, I don’t think the quality is all that great anymore, based on two recent SUVs. Small sample size, but Lexus is night and day better in terms of an absence of niggling issues.

Do I want either? Not really….

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

peterp and Shorn355 like this.
  11. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
    If you offered me a million dollars to decode Mercedes model names and numbers, and gave me a year to study, I still don't think I could do it :):)

I'm not really even joking -- I haven't been able to make heads nor tails of their model lineup for at least a decade. Not that I've tried though, to be fair.

The quality really dropped hard when they move the model letters from the back of the number to the front. I had a 1987 190e 2.6 6-cylinder (which I think was an infinitely better car than the BMW 325 it replaced (except for steering feel)), with over 100k miles on it when my sister-in-law got a new e320 in 1995. I could not believe how much better my 100k+-mile 190e model drove than the new e320. The chassis were absolutely rigid before they moved the letter to the front, and crap after. She's had a string of new Mercedes since then and I haven't liked any of them at all. I don't know the details on Mercedes history, but I think that model naming convention change was when quality dropped off the cliff.

Agreed. Strongly :).

12. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    I believe the SUVs are built in the US. My German-built E400 Wagon has been superb.