Is a 458 Speciale import possible? | FerrariChat

Is a 458 Speciale import possible?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by UltraRareCars, Mar 29, 2023.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. UltraRareCars

UltraRareCars Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2023
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Johnny Goodman
    Is it feasible to federalize a 2014 458 Speciale from the Europe/Asia and still be worth it?
    Any ideas on the cost?
    Looking at the price disparity between here (US) and Europe/Asia.
    Thanks.

2. mar76

mar76 Karting

Mar 17, 2022
    I too am interested in the answer to that question.

And more generally, from/to the US/CA/UK/EU/HK/CN/JP/AU what import routes are realistic?

The existence of a material price disparity suggests that the modifications required to bring to compliance (e.g. side turn signals) aren't trivial. Or that the import process entails some kind of risk (like failing the emission or noise test...?)

In some locations import tax could be an explanatory factor. But not for the US with its small 2.5% duty (if I'm correct).

Lastly, if the main goal is to own the car as an investment and put little mileage on it (which makes sense for a Speciale) an alternative way could be spend some time in the country of purchase, obtain a local ID & address, shop for the car, and keep the car stored at a dedicated facility in the country.

3. FFan5

FFan5 Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2018
  4. ACSATCO

ACSATCO Karting

Dec 23, 2020
    Full Name:
    AJC
    i have looked into this on Porsches. by the time its on the road here you'll have spent way more than for a US one, and you'll be driving it a year later than if you scooped one up here. and then you'll still have a car worth way less than one originally here. if you have to have one, suck it up and stroke the check here in the USA, the cost of ownership in the end will be less.

SD455TA likes this.
  5. MR. JETSON

MR. JETSON Karting

Sep 29, 2020
    Full Name:
    ADRIAN
    A F360 was about 23k, there’s a shop in California that will do it! G & K auto conversion, i belive the guys name is George, very personable you can ask him any question!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

6. UltraRareCars

UltraRareCars Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2023
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Johnny Goodman
    I think the other route that one can take is bring it in on a Show exemption which allows it to be driven up to 2500 miles per annum. I guess then hold onto it until it reaches the golden age of 25 years whereupon it will be fully exempt.