C8 Z06 | Page 74 | FerrariChat

C8 Z06

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by sainthoo, Jun 10, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sainthoo

sainthoo Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Got the call this AM. I have an allocation, but my build may be on constraint? TBD….

italiafan and VAF84 like this.
  2. sainthoo

sainthoo Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Well, order accepted, expect late summer/fall delivery.
    3LT, Z07, carbon flash painted CF parts.

italiafan and VAF84 like this.
  3. dgoldenz94

dgoldenz94 Formula Junior

Apr 13, 2020
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    David Gold
    Awesome, sounds like supply is catching up and Z07 off restraint? Or you're just a pretty lucky guy if not. Either way, awesome if you got that at MSRP. I'd still flip it if I had the chance, lol.

4. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
  5. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    In oter news there is now an ap caliper steel rotar brake kit for z06s, lighter than the ceramic brakes and it will fit 18 inch wheels, so lots of track rubber choices with really light metal wheels.

Wikdstrate likes this.
  6. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Looks like there will be close on 1800 produced by end April. Quite possible to hit 5-6k by year end

VAF84 likes this.
  7. sainthoo

sainthoo Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    Full Name:
    Christian
    I ordered CCB/CF wheels, as the suspension is calibrated differently. Now, I can just put the CCBs on the shelf, which is really nice. Now, if I can get wheels that don’t weigh too much (haven’t looked into that yet), I would be all set.

VAF84 likes this.
  8. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

Congrats, that’s exciting news!

sainthoo likes this.
  9. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean

Forgline makes wheels for the car, they also make the wheels for the c8R although these are 18 inches for race rubber.

however if you’re keeping The stock calipers then I think depending on setup you’re going to need to stick with a19 or 20 In wheel and you’re also going to be using heavier (than ap)iron rotors.

if one fits the ap racing calipers(btw also what Tue c8R) runs the. You can go to an 18 inch wheel.

from my understanding the 20 inch forgelines are significantly lighter and stiffer than the stock wheels but not as light as the cf ones.

ap calipers and forgeline 18s are probably the lightest possible setup. I suppose depends on how much track time the car will see. The ap”s also come witha caliper choice as one can take a 25 mm pad, expect some clicking and clanking from these on street.

yes the sharpest steering calibration and stiffest spring shock setup is with the z07 and The cf wheels, so one is starting from a. More honed base.

there is no data on what a stock z06 with say aero package will run when fitted with same tires aaa z07z

while they say springs etc only 10% or so stiffer that can make a vast difference on track.

really looking forwards to hearing your impression of the car. When is it comming?

k wright likes this.
  10. sainthoo

sainthoo Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    Full Name:
    Christian
    No real idea when- “late summer or fall” was the dealer WAG.

18” wheels might get me down to near OEM CF wheel and tire weights- within a pound or so at each corner with wheel and tire combo, probably close enough (obviously the fantasy is no gain in weight). Much more than that and it may be compromised (I’m not entirely apposed to running CF wheel on track, but cost and available options of 19” and 20” track capable tires is not great).

11. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    nde
    My understating is the ap setup, with floating iron rotors is lighter than the Gm ceramaic setup, and 18 track wheels will be as ligth as the Cf wheels. But you cant do 18s with the Gm setup, that requires the ap setup to clear the front wheel. Ap offers two types of front clipers depedign on how thick you wnat the pads to be able to go, and the option of retaining the Gm rear calipers or going to Ap. If you go to Ap rears you need to install and aux parking brake(which comes from a c7). In eiter case(just ap fronts or ap all around) the system is balanced for the car front and rear.

There was also a blurb about how the c8 being ME with a lot of rear weight works the brakes very differently to the Fe car, as in the rear brakes can do far more of the job than in previous gen vettes which relied very heavily on the front brakes and the rear did very little.

Late summer or fall, depending on where you live we might still get a sainthoo track report this year,

12. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    boxerman and VAF84 like this.
  13. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    The market in general is cooling also. You know the saying: "Strike when the iron is hot". Its not as hot today as it was a year ago. Flippers are going to be disappointed if they paid over MSRP to get the car. They can get a bit more than MSRP but not the big bucks they were thinking.

But if you combine the engine grenade videos with a lack of warranty its got to hurt some part of the market.

The irony is there's no problem if the dealer flips the car over MSRP -- only individuals. Chevy doesn't mind that.

VAF84 likes this.
  14. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    MC20s are now offered by dealers at MSRP, last year they were "sold out".
    The vette is hot now, but by end month we'll be at nearly 2k produced. By 2 years from now there will be 10-15k z06s and the market will have some new gotta have its, the flip trade will be done.

TheMayor likes this.
  15. Bluesky1

Bluesky1 Rookie

Sep 5, 2020
    Per a thread on Corvette Forum and YouTube, Mecum sold a $145K Z06 for $275K + buyers premium...

That's just crazy.

16. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Yah the Mc20 was sold out like the Ferrari California was sold out for 2 years the day it was announced. Sure....

17. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
  18. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    A dealer can't "flip" a car...it's the dealer's car, purchased from GM. If the first TITLED owner sells the car, THAT'S flipping the car.

19. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    What I mean is dealer markups. They buy the car at a set price from GM then resell it at a higher price than the stated price. If a consumer bought a car at MSRP then sold it immediately for a profit, we would call that "a flip". Well, dealers are doing it but taking the profit themselves.

I have no problems with dealers doing this. Its just ironic that GM clamps down on consumers doing it but not dealers.

20. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    But same week another one on BAT was "only" 49k over.
    These cars are being produced by the thousand per quarter or more.
    Its simply not going to be that rare, and good as it is, its still a vette with 10s of thousands of similar looking c8s rolling about.
    Add to that shrinking of credit and a looming recession of some sort.
    We're only 6 months into production of a car that will eb around for another 4 years or so.
    Post Pandemic retiring boomer gotta have it before I peg demand is abating for most things.

21. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    I think we'll see about 2,000 Z06's produced for 2023 MY. Compare that to 8,000 2015 C7 Z06's produced in it's first model year (2015).
    2024 production begins July 10th. And adds another variant (eRay) to the production line.
    I don't think the C8 Z06 is ever going to be widely available.

Bluesky1 likes this.
  22. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I 100% agree. I really think this could be a car with less than 15,000 produced in it's lifespan. That will make it really quite rare.

23. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    We're at 2k by the end of this month.
    I believe(maybe worngly) Total production in 2024(not by model year) will be in the 4-6k units.

24. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    15,000 is not rare. The real number will probably be double that assumign demand sustains once the notionally faster zr1 comes out, credit gets crushed and we have a mild recession.

25. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    for a vette, it’s crazy rare.

italiafan and Thecadster like this.