Countach, the ultimate supercar | Page 1150 | FerrariChat

Countach, the ultimate supercar

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by joe sackey, Aug 21, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mt_jt

mt_jt Formula Junior

May 9, 2012
    Australia
    Nooooooooooooooo!!!

2. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    Ditto!

Like to know, and important to know, how/why it started. Plus pictures after the flames were put out.

3. luzion

luzion Karting

Dec 5, 2022
    Full Name:
    Luzgin Dmitri
    Advertising "Lamborghini" 1981-82 year of manufacture. Distributor's address: 1392 Dandenong Road, Oakleigh, Victoria. This is Tony De Fina's address, Melbourne. Considering that the only right-hand car in the color of the Rame Colorado. in the photo countach 1121186
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

silhouette likes this.
  4. Ferraridoc

Ferraridoc F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2012
    Gold Coast, Aust.
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Change the fuel lines, carry an extinguisher

5. Redlambo

Redlambo Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 5, 2004
    Pendergrass GA
    Full Name:
    Vic Woloschinow
    RedNeck likes this.
  6. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    I saw a Vinwiki video about the Countach Monaco pacecar and at one point they showed this picture. What's the story behind this modified Countach?

NürScud likes this.
  7. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    bigodino likes this.
  8. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
  9. Rapallo

Rapallo Rookie

Sep 8, 2022
    Full Name:
    nils johnsen
    In Austin for a few days(Daughter at UT) stopped at Lamborghini Austin ,Super nice people, also had a chance to check out the limited (much discussed on this chat room )Countach , for my first time, always thought it looks good,(just ignore the Countach part) looks good in the flesh, also i was told some current trading price , wich faaaar exeeds what I previously was told. Cool place Cool staff. Poss buy a Hurracan from them in the fall.

Modulo_B, Peter K. and EarlyCat like this.
  10. Spyder-Man

Spyder-Man Formula 3

May 11, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    What a nice Aventador ! :p

11. Rapallo

Rapallo Rookie

Sep 8, 2022
    Full Name:
    nils johnsen
    Bla bla bla.

12. JohnMH

JohnMH Formula 3

Jan 28, 2004
    Dubai / Bologna
    Last summer I followed one driving through the Alps. Awful looking thing compared to the original.

Spyder-Man likes this.
  13. Rapallo

Rapallo Rookie

Sep 8, 2022
    Full Name:
    nils johnsen
    Like i said take the Countach thing out of it. Not sure why(indecently judged) you guys think its a bad looking car, really does not have any elements wich pokes at you. Anyway, each to their own.

Modulo_B likes this.
  14. Rapallo

Rapallo Rookie

Sep 8, 2022
    Full Name:
    nils johnsen
    Lol Independently Judged (auto correct)

15. Redlambo

Redlambo Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 5, 2004
    Pendergrass GA
    Full Name:
    Vic Woloschinow
  16. Spyder-Man

Spyder-Man Formula 3

May 11, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Game changer and for jack all cash too! Credit to Joe.
    R

17. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    I understand that some like this car, after all they pay $2.6m for it, but it's difficult to take the Countach thing out of it when Lamborghini decided to make a cash grab by calling an Aventador by the name C o u n t a c h...

By the simple expedient of some very subjectively applied body features of passing resemblance to the original legend, this newer car only serves to dilute the purity of the original icon which ended production 33 years ago, and styling aside, it's easy to see why most of the owners of the original item and not thrilled by the presence of this car.

Lamborghini had to go there, so they deserve any and all critical review for or against, perhaps if they had not borrowed the original name and called it something else like Aventador LP700S or some such truthful such nod of respect to the original car, then it would be more acceptable.

Apparently the use of the word Countach is a sin that cannot be forgiven by many, that said, in my personal opinion the only sin is how someone can pay $2.6m for this thing and then expect to pay less for the genuine article by the original designer that is vastly more beautiful and iconic.

Bravo Vic.

There are a few things that I can take partial credit for in the Countach world but in this case I will take all the credit ;) seriously though, kudos to the manufacturer for producing these at such a reasonable cost relative to the comfort they provide, again, only useful to Countach owners who actually use their cars.

JohnMH likes this.
  18. Rapallo

Rapallo Rookie

Sep 8, 2022
    Full Name:
    nils johnsen
    #28743 Rapallo, Apr 16, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2023
    Full agreement with everything you just wrote. My only thing is ,i think the car looks pretty good.

19. JohnMH

JohnMH Formula 3

Jan 28, 2004
    Dubai / Bologna
    I intend to be at the Countach Italian Job event this summer; a potential joiner wanted to bring an example of the new version but asked the organizer first if it would be ok.

When in turn asked, the owners bringing their cars almost universally said no. That response speaks volumes about the perception of the car, especially amongst that rarefied demographic.

forza_lamborghini, alan and Rapallo like this.
  20. Spyder-Man

Spyder-Man Formula 3

May 11, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    It's was a BIG no from me John. Original Countach only please!

Look forward to meeting you at the event

Rob

Boomhauer and Rapallo like this.
  21. JohnMH

JohnMH Formula 3

Jan 28, 2004
    Dubai / Bologna
    Great pics. I was supposed to be at that on the weekend with my LP5000S. Unfortunately did not make it. Next year.

22. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Timely restorations for a predictable budget by experienced & conscientious people who not only turn out finished cars that are actually authentically restored but also actually work like they should? Yes, that's coming to America cairatimonterey.com

Most "restoration shops" lack the proper equipment, reference material, experience and ability to carry out a proper restoration to factory standards or better. Often times, they employ workers who aren't properly equipped to carry out the task at hand. At Cairati, our trained workers are true artisans, skilled in the fine arts of chassis design and fabrication.

We've seen claims made by previously restored cars that they represent the best examples restored while never compromising the true intent and specification of the original factory artisans, but the reality is they are often far from perfect and for this reason Cairati's move is good news for Countach enthusiasts & owners in the USA.

alan, Peter K., mattymouse33 and 3 others like this.