Ethical reasons as to why I shouldn’t chop up a Lamborghini and sell each part | FerrariChat

Ethical reasons as to why I shouldn’t chop up a Lamborghini and sell each part

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by Mintymoes, May 1, 2023.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mintymoes

Mintymoes Rookie

May 1, 2023
    Full Name:
    Billy McBillFace
    The title kind of explains it all, but I’m thinking that I could invest in the cheapest Lamborghini that is still in production and somehow cut every square inch of the Lamborghini and then sell each square inch for a price that would give me profit. So I was kind of thinking about doing this, just as a stupid shower thought, but then I realised that Lamborghini would probably sue me or something. I know that if I did this with a Delorean or a car that is pretty rare and that people really like then somebody would get very upset with me. Also I have no clue how I would actually go about cutting the car in the first place, or how I would sell it, or really anything, but I’m essentially just asking what could go wrong? This post probably comes off as maybe somewhat ignorant, or kind of stupid, but it also sounds pretty interesting and I couldn’t think of a better place to ask this question

2. Spyder-Man

Spyder-Man Formula 3

May 11, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    interesting first question! You’ve lit the firework so I’ll stand well back. . . .

Most breaking is due to accident damage. But to buy the cheapest to break up. Will you get your investment back. Can of worms for sure. Check the Bay of E. I’ve seen parts advertised for many years and never sell due to price.

Risky road to travel.

Mintymoes likes this.
  3. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Sounds like an automotive version of PlaneTags (https://planetags.com/). Maybe reach out to them for advice or partnership?

The real question is the size of the market and disposing of the parts that won't sell. Not to mention storage of the remains.

4. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Ethics don't enter into the conversation. Sanity maybe.

What makes you think there is any market value to selling 1 inch cubes of any car or the Lamborghini cares?

Did your junior high school let you out early for summer vacation?

5. Mintymoes

Mintymoes Rookie

May 1, 2023
    Full Name:
    Billy McBillFace
    Idk me personally I would love to buy a cube of Lamborghini

I was thinking Lamborghini or any car company cares about what you do with their cars, like how Bugatti does a background check type of thing before you buy a Bugatti so it doesn’t end up sitting in an investors garage for the rest of its life yk

6. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Ford did the same with the latest version of the GT but those 2 cars served their makers a very different purpose.

But no, really most don't care if you put it in a garage forever or light fire to it. Any other romantic notions just do not exist in the VW or Ford or anyone elses board room.

The fact that you would value a cubic inch of Lamborghini just supports my feeling you are 14 years old. Have a great summer.

7. Mintymoes

Mintymoes Rookie

May 1, 2023
    Full Name:
    Billy McBillFace
    Would you not buy a cube of Lamborghini? I personally think it sounds awesome but I guess it’s just personal preference.

There’s a website where people buy small pieces of a plane. I was thinking something like that, but with a Lamborghini. Sounds pretty rad to me.

Maybe I could buy a Urus, then I can get more pieces per Lamborghini. But idk I’ve got a lot of time to think about it.

I hope you have a good summer too!

8. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    Do it Billy McBillFace, let us know how it goes.

9. Mintymoes

Mintymoes Rookie

May 1, 2023
    Full Name:
    Billy McBillFace
    Haha thank you