Miura, the original supercar | Page 815 | FerrariChat

Miura, the original supercar

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by joe sackey, Dec 5, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Astonish78

Astonish78 Karting

Sep 11, 2014

That is really a nice picture

The Miura and the Fiat 850 Spider, both of which shared the same headlights and taillights

Where we could find more of those pictures ?

:D

NürScud likes this.
  2. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    The best news for Miura enthusiasts & owners in the USA cairatimonterey.com

Most "restoration shops" lack the proper equipment, reference material, experience and ability to carry out a proper restoration to factory standards or better. Often times, they employ workers who aren't properly equipped to carry out the task at hand. At Cairati, our trained workers are true artisans, skilled in the fine arts of chassis design and fabrication.

Bravo, long overdue.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. P. Collins

P. Collins Rookie

Jul 14, 2022
    P400 #3691 coming up for sale at the Villa Erba sale in a few weeks. According to the info engine #2266 is in the car, but according to this post by bb4635 this engine is in P400 S #4124. This is "confirmed" by the auction catalogue, viewable here. Does anyone have an idea what is happening here, something does not seem right...

I've almost completely read the thread over the last few months, some 70 pages to go. Must be one of the best threads I've ever read online, such a trove of information. Too bad I missed the release of Mr. Sackey's book by 13 years. Any chance of an updated version coming out anytime? ;)

4. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Nope, that's it, they are now a collector's item, unfortunately, books are a dying medium so in many cases it's simply not commercially viable to publish, that I'm glad I published when I did because the legacy is always there.

5. vfinaldi

vfinaldi Formula Junior

Hello folks...I guess the cat is out of the bag! Please allow me to fill you in on some details of this new business venture.

Massimo Cairati, who owns and operates Cairati Milano, and I (Vince Finaldi), have been working together buying, restoring and selling classic Lamborghini's and other cars (Ferrari, Alfa, etc.) for a few years now. I have personally owned and had restored, through Cairati Milano, several Miuras, as well as other significant Italian sports cars. Massimo's team has restored, curated and serviced dozens of significant Lamborghini's, Ferrari's and other Italian sports cars throughout the company's existence, including Dallara's P400 Miura and the Miura SVR (as many of you know, Cairati Milano is a shop that Lamborghini outsourced many of its most important restorations and repairs to throughout the years, allowing them access to important information and details about these cars). During this time, Massimo and I have become great friends and developed a plan to open a world-class restoration facility here in the US that would allow US customers to benefit from the expertise, experience and abilities of trained Italian artisans who have been working on these cars for decades (and even generations) without having to spend an enormous amount of money on shipping, customs, duties and also without having to relinquish their car to a foreign country with whose laws, language and customs they may be unfamiliar. I have been involved in the field for many years, as the son and grandson of Italian restorers and a collector and enthusiast myself, and with Massimo's desire to move operations to the US, the decision to join forces was a natural one.

Although there are many restoration facilities here in the US, some with considerable expertise in certain areas, what I recognized from personal experience is the dearth of what I would consider to be optimal facilities with whom to entrust these important vehicles-especially Lamborghini's-for comprehensive services such as a concours restoration. Many of you on this site have become good personal friends of mine, through our shared enthusiasm for this marque, and through the past several years I have heard many, many unfortunate stories from owners who have had extremely negative experiences with well-established shops. Unplanned bills that exceed the original estimate by several multiples. Restoration time that exceeds the original estimate by years and sometimes even taking 4 years or more. Parts taken and used on other customer cars. Engines and other mechanical systems failing within days of the completion of restoration. Finishes and details that diverge from original specifications. Completed cars whose silhouettes do not come close to resembling their original form. And the list goes on. This is a dilemma that we want to solve.

Cairati Milano will remain open and operational, albeit at a considerably reduced scale. It will remain active so that we can access the services of Italian specialty machinists that are not available in the US, if necessary, as well as parts suppliers and specialty artisans there. However, Cairati Monterey will be staffed by Massimo and several of his artisan workers from Italy, and this will be the primary point of business operations...in the epicenter of the US collector car world, Monterey County, California. Also, as with Cairati Milano, we plan to perform the entirety of the restoration work in-house. This will be a well-funded, state of the art facility that is operated by true enthusiasts with a passion for these cars and who are truly invested in the market. And because of this personal funding, without debt, we will be able to accept and work on the cars we want to, preventing the pitfall that many shops face that causes them to take on more business than they can truthfully handle so that they can pay the bills and service their debt. Our hope is that it will become a destination for owners of these cars that can also serve as a jump off point for Miura, Countach and other marque rallies during car week and other car events during the year.

Here is a link to our website, where you can get a preview of our plan and services and also see some images of Cairati's work: www.cairatimonterey.com. We have a lot of work to do before we can open our doors (immigration, shipping of parts and specialty restoration equipment from Italy, build out of the restoration shop, etc.) so our plan is to open in Spring of 2024.

Thanks to everyone who supports this project. In the coming months, you will slowly begin seeing our advertising in market journals

Happy motoring! -Vince Finaldi

6. vfinaldi

vfinaldi Formula Junior

7. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    What a stunner! That grin says it all.

vfinaldi likes this.
  8. geno berns

geno berns F1 Rookie

Oct 26, 2006
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Geno
    Congrats Vince your huge passion for the Lamborghini marque and commitment to the trade is clear in taking on such a venture.

9. Spyder-Man

Spyder-Man Formula 3

May 11, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    My best wishes on your new venture Vince. Certainly sounds like a win for the US based owners.

vfinaldi likes this.
  10. P. Collins

P. Collins Rookie

Jul 14, 2022
  11. P. Collins

P. Collins Rookie

Jul 14, 2022
    This video shows a P400 with a sun roof from 2:57 onwards. Subtitles are not available (yet). He's basically saying the customer wanted a sunroof and a local carrozzeria made this on request of Lamborghini or the dealer. Any more examples of this?

12. GIOTTO

GIOTTO F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Dec 30, 2006
    FRANCE
    Same place ?

Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. alexpada

alexpada Karting

Jun 4, 2022
    Berlin
    Full Name:
    Alex Spada
  14. alexpada

alexpada Karting

Jun 4, 2022
    Berlin
    Full Name:
    Alex Spada
    Some prefer a look like brandnew, others an authentic restoration with patina. So what.

15. alexpada

alexpada Karting

Jun 4, 2022
    Berlin
    Full Name:
    Alex Spada
    miurasv, NürScud and Miura1960 like this.
  16. P. Collins

P. Collins Rookie

Jul 14, 2022
    Probably yeah, quite an unique color on the car. Can't seem to find any more information about it.

17. Olivier NAMECHE

Olivier NAMECHE F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2007
    CANADA
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Boomhauer, mt_jt, joe sackey and 3 others like this.
  18. johnhoughtaling

johnhoughtaling Formula 3

Nov 6, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    John William H.
    Some driving today. Luke thinks the Miura has Yoda's ears. lol

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Attached Files:

19. johnhoughtaling

johnhoughtaling Formula 3

Nov 6, 2002