New BMC Air filter for 488, Pista, & F8 available | FerrariChat

New BMC Air filter for 488, Pista, & F8 available

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Nuvolari, Nov 9, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
  2. Plife

Plife Karting

Oct 6, 2021
    USA
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Does this make the f8 any louder?

3. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    Under cruise the car will sound the same. Under hard acceleration the engine will be marginally louder due to the extra airflow. Overall it is a small sound difference so don’t expect something significant like an exhaust change regarding sound

Plife likes this.
  4. Plife

Plife Karting

Oct 6, 2021
    USA
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Ill take marginally louder. Good to know and sounds like it comes with a paper filter stock. On some of my cars bmc has made little difference and on others a huge difference (like my 718 spyder sounded almost like an exhaust upgrade but that was NA). Its even added drone to a couple cars that have the piped in cabin sound so glad to hear no difference under cruise. I would imagine on the f8 would be harder to matter because of the double exhaust restriction with cats + gpf.

5. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    Bumping an older thread as I just realized I still had this item. Offering it at a lower price of $120 shipped which is less than half of the cost new if purchased from Fabspeed. Only one available and brand new never installed.