Countach, the ultimate supercar | Page 1151 | FerrariChat

Countach, the ultimate supercar

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by joe sackey, Aug 21, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. raymondQV

raymondQV F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2007
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Raymond S.
    This Oro Sahara %l is stunning, which Chassis-nr is this one?
    I've seen a few Oro Sahara cars been repainted, great to see this one.

2. Astonish78

Astonish78 Karting

Sep 11, 2014

Hello Mr. Sackey,

what do you mean by moving.
    Will the main office in Italy close and move to the US, or will a second company be open in the US ?

Kind regards

Zdenek

3. Rapallo

Rapallo Rookie

Sep 8, 2022
    Full Name:
    nils johnsen
    Great news, where does this put Dugan enterprises?, wich seems to do a really good job,

4. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Let me find out the chassis number, this is not a repaint but rather a total restoration back to it's original livery.

Miura collector vfinaldi is the catalyst behind this noble effort so I'll let him come on here and address this question.

Without referring to any specific restorer already established in the USA, this effort provides relief for owners who don't wish their cars to be tied up for years on end, budgets that spiral well above the initially agreed numbers, restorations actually carried out by inexperienced staff, and most importantly, finished cars that don't actually function as they should on a reliable basis. This last point is key because today's new owner is restoring to enjoy the car on the road and therefore has little patience with a restored car that looks great but is actually quite unreliable and requires constant fettling. When the bar is raised, the customer wins.

Rapallo likes this.
  5. mattymouse33

mattymouse33 F1 Rookie

Oct 25, 2004
    We'll set aboot ye!
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Wow what a stunning colour

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

6. vfinaldi

vfinaldi Formula Junior

Hello folks...I guess the cat is out of the bag! Please allow me to fill you in on some details of this new business venture.

Massimo Cairati, who owns and operates Cairati Milano, and I (Vince Finaldi), have been working together buying, restoring and selling classic Lamborghini's and other cars (Ferrari, Alfa, etc.) for a few years now. I have personally owned and had restored, through Cairati Milano, several Miuras, as well as other significant Italian sports cars. Massimo's team has restored, curated and serviced dozens of significant Lamborghini's, Ferrari's and other Italian sports cars throughout the company's existence, including Dallara's P400 Miura and the Miura SVR (as many of you know, Cairati Milano is a shop that Lamborghini outsourced many of its most important restorations and repairs to throughout the years, allowing them access to important information and details about these cars). During this time, Massimo and I have become great friends and developed a plan to open a world-class restoration facility here in the US that would allow US customers to benefit from the expertise, experience and abilities of trained Italian artisans who have been working on these cars for decades (and even generations) without having to spend an enormous amount of money on shipping, customs, duties and also without having to relinquish their car to a foreign country with whose laws, language and customs they may be unfamiliar. I have been involved in the field for many years, as the son and grandson of Italian restorers and a collector and enthusiast myself, and with Massimo's desire to move operations to the US, the decision to join forces was a natural one.

Although there are many restoration facilities here in the US, some with considerable expertise in certain areas, what I recognized from personal experience is the dearth of what I would consider to be optimal facilities with whom to entrust these important vehicles-especially Lamborghini's-for comprehensive services such as a concours restoration. Many of you on this site have become good personal friends of mine, through our shared enthusiasm for this marque, and through the past several years I have heard many, many unfortunate stories from owners who have had extremely negative experiences with well-established shops. Unplanned bills that exceed the original estimate by several multiples. Restoration time that exceeds the original estimate by years and sometimes even taking 4 years or more. Parts taken and used on other customer cars. Engines and other mechanical systems failing within days of the completion of restoration. Finishes and details that diverge from original specifications. Completed cars whose silhouettes do not come close to resembling their original form. And the list goes on. This is a dilemma that we want to solve.

To answer some of your questions-Cairati Milano will remain open and operational, albeit at a considerably reduced scale. It will remain active so that we can access the services of Italian specialty machinists that are not available in the US, if necessary, as well as parts suppliers and specialty artisans there. However, Cairati Monterey will be staffed by Massimo and several of his artisan workers from Italy, and this will be the primary point of business operations...in the epicenter of the US collector car world, Monterey County, California. Also, as with Cairati Milano, we plan to perform the entirety of the restoration work in-house. This will be a well-funded, state of the art facility that is operated by true enthusiasts with a passion for these cars and who are truly invested in the market. And because of this personal funding, without debt, we will be able to accept and work on the cars we want to, preventing the pitfall that many shops face that causes them to take on more business than they can truthfully handle so that they can pay the bills and service their debt. Our hope is that it will become a destination for owners of these cars that can also serve as a jump off point for Miura, Countach and other marque rallies during car week and other car events during the year.

Here is a link to our website, where you can get a preview of our plan and services and also see some images of Cairati's work: www.cairatimonterey.com. We have a lot of work to do before we can open our doors (immigration, shipping of parts and specialty restoration equipment from Italy, build out of the restoration shop, etc.) so our plan is to open in Spring of 2024.

Thanks to everyone who supports this project. In the coming months, you will slowly begin seeing our advertising in market journals

Happy motoring! -Vince Finaldi

7. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    This.

Bravo Vince.

vfinaldi likes this.
  8. PorscheGuy

PorscheGuy Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2010
    Irving TX
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Vince - great news! Will you be providing service for vintage Lamborghini's as well or just restoration?

vfinaldi likes this.
  9. willrace

willrace Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    The "Aventach" is still considerably less insulting and offensive than what Maserati did to the similarly-iconic Ghibli name for the sake of marketing.

joe sackey likes this.
  10. Boomhauer

Boomhauer Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2007
    Milano - Italia
    Full Name:
    Cardinal
  11. jaisharma

jaisharma Karting

Aug 4, 2011
    South east, UK
    Full Name:
    Jai Sharma
    EarlyCat likes this.
  12. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Being cleaned by Fred the detailer who cleaned my Countachs many a time!

EarlyCat likes this.
  13. jaisharma

jaisharma Karting

Aug 4, 2011
    South east, UK
    Full Name:
    Jai Sharma
    I guess the term detailing hadn’t been invented then!

14. Or trailer queen!

jaisharma likes this.
  15. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    He was actually a pro detailer with a white van that contained his appliances and water, and he would come over to my place to detail my cars as he did for other Countach owners, Portman UK used him for prepping their cars so the main benefit to using his was he knew his way around a Countach.

Indeed, every Countach I knew was used on road & track.

jaisharma likes this.
  16. jhgomezphoto

jhgomezphoto Karting

Apr 7, 2022
    Madrid, Spain
    Full Name:
    Jorge Hernandez
  17. vfinaldi

vfinaldi Formula Junior

Yes, we will be providing continuing service for all customers who have had restoration work, and limited service work for non restoration customers. It really just depends on the task. Thanks! -Vince

18. Boomhauer

Boomhauer Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2007
    Milano - Italia
    Full Name:
    Cardinal
  19. raymondQV

raymondQV F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2007
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Raymond S.
    Thanks not even nearly full, behind the louvres you can put additional bags, we went for the 40th event on a 2 weeks trip to italy, that was no problem at all.

Boomhauer and EarlyCat like this.
  20. DrewH

DrewH F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Full Name:
    Andrew