488 Rear CF Diffuser - Installation Help | FerrariChat

488 Rear CF Diffuser - Installation Help

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by 599freak, May 17, 2023.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 599freak

599freak Rookie

Mar 12, 2008
    I ordered a CF diffuser from a manufacturer in Asia for my 488 GTB. Upon arrival, I noticed there are no holes in the diffuser. The manufacturer says that the holes need to be made by the installer. The installer (Ferrari dealer) says they can make the holes for nuts and bolts but they cannot do the riveting.

Anyone here who has installed a CF diffuser and can give their inputs?

Thanks!

Images attached of the Old OEM vs new Aftermarket CF Diffuser.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

That’s outrageous. Unless the item was advertised as “holes need to be drilled”, I’d be sending it back or disputing the charge with my CC company (unless you paid by some other means).

SD455TA likes this.
  3. SD455TA

SD455TA Formula Junior

Send that thing back to where it came from. What a bunch of ......

Viperjoe likes this.
  4. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    This is par for the course for items coming from Asia. I'm sure there were no complaints when the price was a fraction of what the Ferrari part is so don't complain you did not get the same quality. Making holes and fitting is not a big deal and any skilled tech should be able to figure it out.

Eric C likes this.
  5. SD455TA

SD455TA Formula Junior

No doubt but now you got the cost of a skilled tech to add into, don't try it yourself and turn it into a cracked windshield. I would never use inferior parts on any of my cars, never have.

6. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Any ricer shop could do this job. That's pretty normal for aftermarket parts.

Who was the vendor? Price?

7. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Can you shoot images of the other side of the cf diffuser and orginal? The deflector flaps need to fit very precisely for the activator motor to work freely without binding.

8. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale