Giusieppe Risi to buy TWS ??!?!?!?!?!??? | FerrariChat

Giusieppe Risi to buy TWS ??!?!?!?!?!???

Discussion in 'Texas' started by maranelloman, Mar 5, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. maranelloman

maranelloman Guest

I have returned specifically because this topic is of high interest to my Texas peeps.

Recently, several birdies have told me, from several unrelated sources, that a group led by FoH & FoD owner Giusieppe Risi has contracted to buy Texas World Speedway in College Station. The deal is supposed to close the first week of April.

Can anyone add anything to this? I can only suspect that, if true, it would be good news...

2. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Good to see your post Dave & thats some news. I hope they plan to make some improvements to the track.

3. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    This would be fanstatic if he did. I don't know why he would, but it would be great for us. The track could use a repaving.

BTW, there is a group looking to start up a Motorsports in the Houston area.

Here is their website www.msrhouston.com

I need to check first, but I suspect that the organizing group will not mind me posting more info.

Dale

4. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    That group is headed by Jack Farr from motorsports ranch. putting together Ranch South

The Rissi group and TWS.... Well that is a new kink in the chain..... nothing to ad but I will check with my little birdies too....

Good to see ya Dave!

5. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Maybe some new glass in the VIP suite. My napkins kept blowing away last weekend while I was eating my TWS cheeseburger!!!! :)

6. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Call Rusty Rush, maybe he knows;)

7. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Well, the Jack Farr group has already purchased land west of Houston for MSR South. http://www.msrhouston.com/home

Doesn't mean they won't back off that plan and just use TWS. Wouldn't be smart to make a club out of TWS though, it's already booked year around. Smart to maybe buy it, but if doing another MSR club then open a new track that members can enjoy. Maybe they're doing both.

Mr. Risi and Jack Farr were involved with the Boundless Motorplex F1 track South of Dallas, but that fell apart when the group got interested in circle racing.

8. TC (Houston)

TC (Houston) Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2002
    Houston
    Holy smokes!

9. jakermc

jakermc Formula 3
    Owner

Jan 17, 2004
    Palm Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Rob
    How invovled is Jack with MSR Houston? My understanding is that he simply licensed the logo to the ownership group, negotiated cross membership priviledges, and is acting as a consultant. I don't think he has an ownership interest in the new Houston track.

10. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    That's probably true.

11. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    Anyone know anything new on this????

12. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    just talked to Jack and the folks down in Houston.

NO the Rissi folks are NOT buying TWS. They are doing a lot of track testing there for the race team but NO.

They are going to have some type of facilities for the race team at MSR Houston. when it is built.

MSR Houston - Jack Farr is a consultant and has licensed them to use the MSR logo and name and is providing some of his expertise on building and operating a facility to them and another group out of Atlanta.

He said there are a number of other places in discussions but those are the only ones that have bellied up to the bar at this point.

13. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy

This is quite interesting. I had not heard of this until now. It seems the two individuals under Contact US are located in Richmond, which is just past Sugarland (I grew up in the middle of these two places when it was never-never-nowhere land). My father is the director of the county, so I'll hit him up for some additional info if he has any.

14. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Also heard from others this weekend that everytime someone approaches the TWS owner to buy the track, he'll add $2 mil. to the price. You ask $2 mil and he'll say it's $4 mil. You ask $15 mil and he'll say it's $17 mil.

15. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    FRom the little birdies whispering in my ears that is what he did to them... The Rissi and other groups may or may not be talking with him but no one is going on the record to confirm anything other than to say that they have not purchased anything.... but no one is saying anything if they were even looking.....