AZ Independent FCar Mechanics | FerrariChat

AZ Independent FCar Mechanics

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by ferrariman1492, Oct 17, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ferrariman1492

ferrariman1492 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 2, 2012
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Hi Everyone - Has anyone been successful using any independent Fcar mechanics other than Andy Falbo or Alex Traverso? I need a few basic things done on my 83 308 and both are either too busy or just not that interested in the work. It has been a while since I needed anything done. Any/all referrals are welcome. Thanks.

2. GNALUZU

GNALUZU Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Adam
  3. jimmyr

jimmyr Formula Junior

Oct 10, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Have used Steve at EMC, 480 225-7125, in North Phoenix; knows his stuff. Jim

enio45 and technom3 like this.
  4. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    For a 308. I'd have Alex do it.

If you can't get Alex to do it.

Steve is great at EMC. Awesome shop. Awesome guy.

Also British Auto Repair. They have Ferrari guys and another thing that is important is they work on older cars ALL the time.

5. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Kevin at High Line knows his stuff as well.

6. ferrariman1492

ferrariman1492 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 2, 2012
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    A quick follow-up on this - I ended up taking my car to Exclusive Motorcars in Deer Valley. The service was truly outstanding and those guys know the cars. Amazing cars in there, btw, some great classic Ferraris (a gorgeous Lusso, an F40, and many others) and a quite a few Countachs too. They got me in and out in a few days and I was very pleased with the work. Steve, the owner, is a concours judge and knows his stuff.

Also - had new tires put on my car and used a company called Lugwrench Heroes, who sold them to me, came to my house, and mounted and balanced them onsite. The price was comparable with what Discount Tire charged, and I didn't have to leave the house.

No affiliation with either Exclusive Motorcars or Lugwrench Heroes but thought I'd share the info for anyone needing something similar.

irakles, Nafiz Ali Khan and KevinW like this.
  7. Zanny1

Zanny1 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Good to hear about your experience at EMC. Last time I went by, they had a quite an array of vintage as well as modern Ferraris. It's good to know that there is a qualified vintage Ferrari shop in the Phoenix area. Alex Traverso has serviced my 360 with great results. He's probably going to retire in the next few years, so an alternative is good to know about.
    Anyone had experience with AZ Collector Cars in Mesa?

8. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    Steve and his wife Clarissa are the nicest people! When I moved to Goodyear, I went out to their shop and met both, you can't find a nicer, warmer and welcoming couple!

9. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    These days no question Steve is the guy to go to in Arizona. Steve and his wife are friends specifically because they are good at what they do.

Sergio Tavares and copterjon like this.
  10. KevinW

KevinW Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I can’t seem to find Exclusive Mororcars in Deer Valley. Do they have a website? If not, what is their address?

Thanks!

11. Zanny1

Zanny1 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Mike
  12. PeterS

Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    They will have my 360 on Monday for its annual service. Great excuse to get out and drive the car 40 miles (and Uber back home to Goodyear!).

Nafiz Ali Khan and technom3 like this.
  13. PeterS

Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    Steve and Clarrisa strike again at Exclusive Motorcars! Some Jackass sped around my XKR in his lifted Tacoma with wide tires a week ago leaving a nasty tire mark on my driver's side door and left quarter panel. The coups de grâce was when the guy's rear bumper struck my side view mirror where the impact popped off the front cover of the side-view mirror. Ya, this could have been a LOT worse! At Steve's shop, he has his detailer spend an hour+ on the two panels and was able to get ALL of the tire mark off the car (I tried prior with zero luck!) and it looked brand new. When the job was done, Steve said he would order a new side-view mirror cap so I'll get back to his shop when that part is in.

Before leaving, I flip my credit card for the hour+ of labor. Steve says "Don't worry about it, you're all good"! In short, I don't think this valley could have a better shop and a nicer couple running it! I'll be baking them some cookies in the coming days!

14. Zanny1

Zanny1 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Yup, they are great folks and run a quality shop.

15. mxstav@comcast.net

Nov 24, 2005
    Green Oaks, IL
    Full Name:
    Mark Stavropoulos
    Could not get Steve at EMC to return my phone calls or emails, even after dropping in and speaking with him face-to-face. Very disappointing.

16. Zanny1

Zanny1 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Mike
    EMC can be a little difficult to connect with.
    I would suggest another call..... eventually you'll reach Steve or Klarissa and get things lined up.

17. mxstav@comcast.net

Nov 24, 2005
    Green Oaks, IL
    Full Name:
    Mark Stavropoulos
    Numerous calls and emails were made. I even stopped in to talk to him since he would not return my calls. He seemed like a reasonable guy. After that, I never heard from him again. Perhaps the work was too small for him to bother with. If so, I wish he would have told me and saved me time. I went elsewhere and had the work done.

18. Zanny1

Zanny1 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Mike
    So who did your work and what did you have done?

19. enio45

enio45 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2004
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ed
    what kind of car and what services do u need?

20. mxstav@comcast.net

Nov 24, 2005
    Green Oaks, IL
    Full Name:
    Mark Stavropoulos
    I needed the driver's side mirror replaced and the housing painted on a 458 spider. I wound up going to Elwood who did a fine job.

21. irakles

irakles Rookie

Jan 11, 2023
    Full Name:
    Alex Rentzis
    I had the excellent experience of taking my 2010 California for some maintenance work to EMC in March. Steve and the other team members were very welcoming and the work on my car was what you would expect from a high end shop. While I was waiting in the trophy filled guest space, Steve had me come back to the repair area and see the work that was being done on my car and explaining the whole process. The facilities are top notch and I plan to make EMC my main shop for future work on my Ferrari.

22. im4524

im4524 Rookie

Jun 24, 2022
    Full Name:
    George Spatola
    As a new owner here, I see several names tossed around. Is there a list to share? I have only spoke with Andrew in Fountain hills and Andrew in Mesa has done some work (he had serviced the car before I got it.)