RIP Lowell Brown | FerrariChat

RIP Lowell Brown

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by 330gt, Apr 8, 2023.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 330gt

330gt Formula 3

Nov 12, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Kerry Chesbro
    Lowell Brown, past NW region FCA director, passed away on April 5 in Sante Fe, NM.

Lowell was a good friend and I will remember the many hours we spent together working on our cars.

Regards, Kerry Chesbro

f355spider and Il Steeg like this.
  2. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Sorry to hear that. He used to live out on the peninsula somewhere didn't he?

3. 330gt

330gt Formula 3

Nov 12, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Kerry Chesbro
    Lowell and Shirley lived on Capitol Hill, near Volunteer Park. Lowell was a physics professor at the UW and worked at Los Alamos during the summer. After he retired, they moved to Santa Fe.
    Lowell owned 330GT 8855, 328 GTS QV 49415 and an older jaguar.

4. david

david Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2001
    Northwest
    Full Name:
    david
    Sorry to hear this. Lowell was a really interesting person to talk to. I remember one time he gave me directions to a location. He described where the road "bifurcated" at a certain point. One of the more intelligent set of directions I've ever gotten. Sure beats the old, "turn left where the Anderson's barn used to be."

Il Steeg likes this.
  5. Willdief

Willdief Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Mercer Island, WA
    Full Name:
    Will Diefenbach
    RIP, Lowell.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

6. 330BRC

330BRC Karting

May 4, 2007
    Seattle, Washington
    Full Name:
    Brian Conlan
    Farewell Lowell. You will be missed. I hope your lovely 330GT finds a great caretaker like you.

7. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
    I'm so sorry to hear about Lowell passing. He was such a nice guy and he really loved his Ferraris. I first met him in 1997, when I joined the club
    and he talked me into volunteering on the board. We did a lot of fun drives and events with Lowell and Shirley over the years. Rest in Peace, Lowell.

8. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
  9. rynoshark

rynoshark Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 6, 2004
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Sorry to hear. I always really enjoyed talking to Lowell.

10. Admiral Goodwrench

Admiral Goodwrench Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2005
    Santa Fe, New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Robert Phillips
    Amazing that the obituary did not appear in the Santa Fe New Mexican newspaper until today. Lowell and I were a pair of the dinosaurs who enjoyed working on our cars. RIP dear friend.

Best regards,

Robert Phillips

f355spider likes this.
  11. scbrown

scbrown Rookie

Dec 27, 2021
    Full Name:
    Stephen Brown
    Sorry for the delay in getting out the obituary. I'm my parents' only child, and my mom isn't able to do too much these days, so I'm handling almost everything myself (including a lot of time-sensitive things I have to help mom with) and trying to do the best I can. I actually had a draft of the obituary written several weeks ago, but didn't want to submit it until I could do so along with a nice picture of my dad. But to retrieve that, I had to wait until just a couple of weeks ago, when I got the first chance to return to Santa Fe since my last visit immediately after my dad's passing.

Best wishes,
    Steve Brown

12. 330BRC

330BRC Karting

May 4, 2007
    Seattle, Washington
    Full Name:
    Brian Conlan
    Sorry for your loss Steve. Clearly, Lowell was well respected here. All the best to your family.
    Brian Conlan