Windshield Replacement | FerrariChat

Windshield Replacement

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by barchetta, May 30, 2023.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. barchetta

barchetta Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 5, 2003
    Hi, my brand new daily driver (Audi) just acquired bullseye crack and a small break right next to the bullseye right in the line of sight on the drivers side. Audi of Huntington does not do windshield repairs but Biener does (onsite using Fontana's Auto Glass). Has anyone used Fontana's? Anyone else you could recommend? I am looking for someone who is meticulous (preferably on Long Island). Thank you in advance.

2. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Does being meticulous really matter all that much if they're not replacing the windshield and just using the same method everyone does to fill the bullseye?

I've had a windshield replaced badly on an older Suburban (1999) and they took shortcuts resulting in some broken mounting tabs for the dash.
    That's why when I had the entire windshield replaced in my Jag I took it to the dealer because they'll make sure whoever does the job knows about the cars peculiarities and they're responsible.
    With today's cars there's a lot going on with windields and electronics too.

3. barchetta

barchetta Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 5, 2003
    I do not think this can be simply repaired. The bullseye and surrounding crack are large enough for me to believe it will need to be replaced (which I was I was seeking recommendations for someone who is meticulous).

4. barchetta

barchetta Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 5, 2003
    Any recommendations? Thank you in advance.

5. barchetta

barchetta Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 5, 2003
    Anyone have any recommendations? Preferably a dealer who does the work in house. Thank you.

6. RallyeChris

RallyeChris Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2012
    Northport, NY
    Full Name:
    S.C.Conigliaro
    Have it done at Biener using Fontana's. They do excellent work. I have been using them for 20 years. They did the windshield on my personal Porsche 964, as well as a Testarossa and many other makes/models for me.

7. barchetta

barchetta Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 5, 2003
    Thank you so much!