1987 Ferrari 412 GT Chassis 67463 | FerrariChat

1987 Ferrari 412 GT Chassis 67463

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by samsaprunoff, May 25, 2023.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Good day All,

Just documenting these cars, as they come up...

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1987-ferrari-412-gt-3/

Chassis 67463 was discussed briefly back in 2009 in another thread, but I thought a dedicated thread might be best.
    https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/412-engine.239522/page-2#post-138604920

Cheers,

Sam

1987 Ferrari 412 GT (5 Speed) Modified with LS-2 Chevy Engine
    Color: Was originally Grigio Exterior with Tan Interior, now Camouflage Wrap with Black Interior
    Mileage: 40483
    VIN: ZFFYD25B000067463
    Chassis: 67463

Auction Info:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Texas Forever likes this.
  2. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    67463:
    Auction info is incorrect.
    No 412 GT ever was born Grigio Ferro.
    67463 was born Grigio Metallizzato.
    Factory completion date 23 October 1986.
    First owner Steve McLaughlin who picked it up directly in Maranello.

Marcel Massini

frankpaul, Il Tifoso, Ak Jim and 2 others like this.
  3. Theruse

Theruse Karting

Jan 17, 2014
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Prescott Russo
    If anyone questioned why Ferrari is going after celebrities and others who modified current Ferrari's, here's their justification.

NYC Fred likes this.
  4. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    So if I understand your perspective, owners of their cars are not allowed to modify the cars they paid for in the way that pleases them? I may be mistaken, but you certainly sound as if your opinion is better than the owner of this particular car?

5. raemin

raemin Formula 3

Jan 16, 2007
    Lyon (FR)
    Full Name:
    R. Emin
    My own car was repainted yellow because the factory would not deliver it in this colour. Maybe not everyone's cup of tea, but not horrendous either. This being said this particular car, is too much for me.

There are a few interesting modification, I can even appreciate the technical achievement, but the overall result lacks consistency. This plus misplaced pride and an assumed diregard for the work of the original designers.

A stock looking classic Ferrari with a modern powertrain could be an interesting proposition. If the seller wants to recoup his investment he should consider more subtle bodywork and upholstery.

6. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Good day Raemin,

The owner's original investment is anyone's guess. However, there is certainly interest in the car, as it has already reached over $44K with 5 more days to go. It will be interesting to see what value it does fetch, as it is a no-reserve auction and compare this price to the clean/original 412 that sold a month ago for $185K.

Although this car is not to my taste, I tend to remember all the various mods, wings, flairs, wild colors, mechanical, etc that were done to F-cars in the 80's... At that time bolder was not as frowned upon as it is now. I, too, partially embraced some changes to my cars at that time... by installing the 80's "requisite" nice stereo which needed door panels to be cut for the appropriate speakers... shudder... However, times, styles, and attitudes change along with people.

The positive about this car is that it was completed and looks to be operating well. There has been a number of perfectly working cars were simply torn apart for someone's project that stalled at some point leaving a partially dismembered car that few would be or are interested in.

Cheers,

Sam

7. 360modena2003

360modena2003 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2009
    This is the way to do it...

Sent from my MAR-LX1M using Tapatalk

8. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    All of our opinions are better than the owner of this particular car. hahaha. Hideous.

red27 and Thomas Magnum like this.
  9. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    Opinions are like bellybuttons - everyone has one. However, I don’t feel one person’s (or those coming from several) are better than someone else’s, which remains my point of view.

10. Theruse

Theruse Karting

Jan 17, 2014
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Prescott Russo
    Otto B. Yes you are mistaken. If you read my post correctly, I am not stating my opinion but rather that of Ferrari.

11. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Yes but some are correct opinions, and some are clearly wrong. ;)

Thomas Magnum likes this.
  12. James in Denver

James in Denver Formula 3

May 23, 2006
    Centennial Colorado
    Full Name:
    James in Denver
    Man, that wrap is sooooo not cool... BUT... a quick google search reveals that "wraps" can be removed with careful (very careful) application of heat and pulling (gently)...

https://vvividshop.com/blogs/tips-and-tricks/how-to-safely-remove-vinyl-wrap-off-your-car

Hope the new owner removes the camo and "restores" the car to the rightful color, Grigio Ferro (per the factory sticker)! :)

PS Don't know why the auction shows a factory color sticker showing "Grigio Fer 700/C" (picture 121 on BAT) when Marcel indicates it's Grigio Metallizzato. Maybe a replacement sticker?

13. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Grigio Fer 700/C is Grigio Ferrari. NOT Ferro. Ferrari Grey.
    Ferrari and Ferro is NOT the same. Ferro means steel.
    How stupid can people be?

Marcel Massini

14. raemin

raemin Formula 3

Jan 16, 2007
    Lyon (FR)
    Full Name:
    R. Emin
    Removing the camo INTERIOR is probably going to be harder...Restoring the backseat could also be a daunting task.

15. JohnMH

JohnMH Formula 3

Jan 28, 2004
    Dubai / Bologna
    Removing the powertrain and going back to stock will be even harder. Donor car at this point. Sad.

16. raemin

raemin Formula 3

Jan 16, 2007
    Lyon (FR)
    Full Name:
    R. Emin
    This car does not have many valuable parts left: most of the expensive bits have already been sold (this could have help to pay for the mods).

17. James in Denver

May 23, 2006
    Centennial Colorado
    Full Name:
    James in Denver
    Wasn't meaning to question your expertise Marcel.

18. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I'm an originality nut, almost to a fault, but save for the wrap (owner can do anything he wants, but not to my taste and it will likely will lower final price I would think) and ditching the red race race seat belts, this seems like it would be a fun car to own and drive the wheels off of, assuming the integration is done right. I haven't had time to look at the YouTube videos, but will check them out when time avails.

19. James in Denver

May 23, 2006
    Centennial Colorado
    Full Name:
    James in Denver
    Sold for $66,000

20. 360modena2003

360modena2003 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2009
    Very good result considering everything...

Sent from my MAR-LX1M using Tapatalk

21. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Seems like a pretty good result for both the buyer and seller. The car should be a lot of fun to own. I hope the buyer will drive the wheels off of it as a daily or near daily -- I know I would.

Of course, it would always be nice if these cars where restored back to original, but the horse (no pun intended) is out of the barn on this one -- and the conversion looks to be very well done in nearly all respects. I can't find a way to like the camo wrap or seat belts personally, but both are easy to change if the buyer chooses to.

22. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    You sure? They were both 700C, even though the name varied.