Auto Easy Exit Mode? | FerrariChat

Auto Easy Exit Mode?

Discussion in '612/599' started by Autodetailing, Jun 1, 2023.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Autodetailing

Autodetailing Karting

Oct 5, 2021
    Full Name:
    John
    Could someone explain this please in easy to understand English or US?
    I know the AUTO system flashes on the dash i you use the paddles when driving and reverts back to AUTO mode if the paddles are not used after a certain period of time, understand that!
    Whilst driving the other day i came off the motorway / freeway after a good 2 hours driving, after stopping at the junction on the slip road i set off as normal, for some reason i had to change up using the paddles myself even though the icon AUTO was showing on the screen?
    I re pressed the AUTO button on the console and normal gear changing resumed.
    Do you think i may have a sticking switch, any body else experienced this?
    I did have a look through the manual and it mentions Auto Easy Exit Mode?

2. Autodetailing

Autodetailing Karting

Oct 5, 2021
    Full Name:
    John
    I can see there have been a few posts on this subject.
    The thing i cannot understand was that the AUTO icon was clearly shown on the screen?

3. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Which model are we talking about?

In the 612, it always starts in Auto Easy Exit mode, which if I remember correctly, shows "AUTO" with a little down arrow next to it. The idea is that it will stay in auto until you use the paddles, and then as soon as you do anything, it drops into manual and the "AUTO" goes away.

The behavior you are describing sounds like my Mercedes E400, where if you use the paddles it shifts manually for a bit, and then after a minute or so goes back into AUTO... unless you have forced it into manual. Maybe the later Ferraris do something like that?

Actually, it might be that if you shift with the paddles while the 612 is in AUTO, it might do something like what you describe-- I've never tried shifting with the paddles while in AUTO, so I don't know.