812 SF DRS icon | FerrariChat

812 SF DRS icon

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Gianfranco341, Apr 10, 2023.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gianfranco341

Gianfranco341 Karting

Sep 12, 2017
    Full Name:
    Gianfranco
    I went to my dealer for the recall campaign , staying there for an hour . When I left I noticed a DRS icon and a little wing was displayed on left display close to fuel indicator when I was running over 70 mph . I know it is related to flaps deployed in the central tunnel . My question is : why it was not shown before ? I asked the dealer but he answered probably I was not noticing it . I just say it is impossible. I’m checking always all the dashboard.

2. iohead

iohead Karting

Feb 19, 2013
    There are two reasons why the active aerodynamics system could be disabled on the 812 Superfast:
    • The ambient temperature is below 3°C.
    • A related fuse is blown. There are two fuses that relate to the Active Aerodynamics ECU. One of these also affects many other things (parking cameras, lifter, parking sensors, etc.), so if that fuse were blown, you would notice. Looks like the other fuse isn't shared, but it would be extremely unlikely for that to be blown.
    Otherwise, when the conditions for extending the 3 active rear flaps are met and the system is operating, you should see the DRS icon indicating that those flaps are extended.

3. Gianfranco341

Gianfranco341 Karting

Sep 12, 2017
    Full Name:
    Gianfranco
    I don’t have parking cameras but lifter and parking sensors were and are working. I personally think it was matter of software. They changed the brake oil reservoir cap and they re program ECU. They told me just to have a red warning instead of an amber one when you have problems with oil brake temperature . The result is I see DRS Icon now , never seen before since brand new 2 and a half year ago

4. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Seems anytime you reflash an ECU things can behave differently. Sometimes for the better and sometimes adds more issues.

Gianfranco341 likes this.
  5. DrUmBeAsT

DrUmBeAsT Rookie

Jul 13, 2016
    Cologne
    Full Name:
    Bo
    I have the same thing since the recall with the reservoir cap and software was done. DRS icon when going above 100km/h (I think). It was NEVER there before.

6. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Whistling through the wheat field in Texas
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
    Picked up my car yesterday. DRS icon as well. Braking didn’t seem to have any effect as it stays on til velocity drops below ??? Didn’t pay attention but well below 75 mph.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

7. DZ-96

DZ-96 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2010
    South Germany
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    I have this icon without the reservoir cap + software recall.

Daniel

8. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    Same. And not to go down the oil rabbit hole but bone dry again. I use mine and have just under 9k miles in close to 3 years but the oil consumption doesn’t make sense to me. I also have a very small amount of oil leaking by one or the Allen bolts in the plenum. Will have Ferrari take a look at next service which is due soon.

9. vonbeeler

vonbeeler Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Same
    Just kicked up mine from third service and noticed DRS for first time in 2.5 years

10. mgmoore

mgmoore Rookie

Jul 16, 2010
    SoCal
    Same.
    Since new delivery in November 2019 I have never seen the DRS icon before. Car has been driven well into 3 digits regularly. After the brake recall service at Ferrari the icon appears at 65 mph and disappears at 45 mph. Now wondering if anything besides an icon on the dash is happening....

sjlawley and Gianfranco341 like this.
  11. Gianfranco341

Gianfranco341 Karting

Sep 12, 2017
    Full Name:
    Gianfranco
    At least we had same experience . Furthermore I noticed another change: before it was not possible to start the engine if you had not previously disconnected battery charger, now you are able to start the engine even with battery charger connected.

12. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    That's got to be a bug. No upside to it and its dangerous.

13. Newjoint

Newjoint Formula 3

Jan 17, 2016
    I found out the head way
    Backing out of the garage heard the pop as the charger came off
    Fortunately no damage to car or charger

14. sjlawley

sjlawley Rookie

Jun 16, 2020
    Full Name:
    Stuart Lawley
    yes same here : picked the car up this week from 3 rd annual service and recall and hey presto it was there on the highways speeds .

15. jaapio

jaapio Karting

Feb 19, 2016
    Bruinisse, the Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Jaap
    I had the car in for the recall this week, and I noticed a few changes;

• DRS switches on at approximately 100 kph.
    • The car starts up with the auto stop/start in the off position now.
    • It is possible to start the car with the charger connected and plugged in, not sure if this was also the case before the update.

RKGT likes this.
  16. Terrence

Terrence Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2004
    Hawaii/LA
    Full Name:
    Terrence
    Start/Stop is off by default now??? I have to get it into service.

RKGT likes this.
  17. jaapio

jaapio Karting

Feb 19, 2016
    Bruinisse, the Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Jaap
    Yes that's correct, I was wondering if these tuning shops can get into the software and also fix the charger cable start prohibit.