Please help me with battery tender..... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Please help me with battery tender.....

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by leonado2003, Aug 7, 2022.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Shorn355

Shorn355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Yeti smokes it- CAT is only good for 4-6 hours- But usually enough to charge and top it off between drives :cool:

AM-DE likes this.
  2. morganjr1

morganjr1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2022
    Full Name:
    Morgan Groth
    Ok. Thanks for the info. I am just paranoid about not being able to start it. I've heard you shouldn't leave it off the tender at all and other people have said 3-4 days is fine and others 1-2 weeks. I don't want it to be a chore to have to take it out for a 30 min drive. I'd rather drive it when I want and know it's going to start when I need it to. Hopefully the Yeti achieves this.

3. morganjr1

morganjr1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2022
    Full Name:
    Morgan Groth
    I hooked up the Yeti 1000 and oem battery tender last night. Initially the power light was solid green. This morning the power light was flashing green. No other lights were on. I think flashing green means it is in standby mode. Does yours do this when connected to the Yeti?

4. morganjr1

morganjr1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2022
    Full Name:
    Morgan Groth
    The oem battery tender gets a full 6 days on my Yeti 1000 core. Not bad, but hoping it improves when I replace the car battery next week. At worst, I think I will need to charge the Yeti 3 times a month. It only takes 9 hours from zero charge to 100%, so I just plug it in at night and re-connect it in the morning. A good solution if you don't have an outlet nearby.

5. leonado2003

leonado2003 Rookie

Aug 6, 2022
    Full Name:
    Cong Wu
    Hi morganjr1,
    I installed an antigravity battery. Seems to work so far. Now I do not need to use Yeti anymore. I bought the battery after I watched this video

Willl likes this.
  6. Shorn355

Shorn355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Sorry for digging this post back up but recalled this discussion so did a search-

I currently use a CAT portable power unit with a 4.5 amp Bettery Tender- Obviously it runs out of power in 4 hours or so. Usually enough to top off the battery but would prefer longer/more time.

I'm looking at Yeti products and just wanted to confirm what I think you said- That was running your battery tender on the Yeti 1000 would run for days- And charging the Yeti can take place overnight- Yes?

Please advise and thanks :cool::cool:

7. morganjr1

morganjr1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2022
    Full Name:
    Morgan Groth
    Yes, I use the Yeti 1000 Core. It charges to 100% in 8-9 hours. My oem battery maintainer will run on it for about 5 days. It depends on what part of the cycle the maintainer is in- the first time I used it I had the original battery and it hadn't been on the maintainer for a few weeks. It only lasted about 2 days. I now have a new battery and keep it on the maintainer and it lasts a good 5 to 5 1/2 days. The Yeti only weighs about 20 lbs, so it is easy to move indoors to charge. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Shorn355 likes this.
  8. Shorn355

Shorn355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    This is awesome- Thanks very much for taking time to respond- :cool::cool:

9. Ngcanada

Ngcanada Formula Junior

May 16, 2016
    Ottawa Canada
    With the Yeti product, can you leave it in the car and have it connected to the OEM battery tender? In the event, I am traveling and it is parked in a hotel, I am worried some sticky fingers may see the Yeti and steal it. Any Yeti owners have done this?

10. Newjoint

Newjoint Formula 3

Jan 17, 2016
    If I had sticky fingers, I’d take the Ferrari and leave the Yeti in the parking spot!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Uberpower likes this.