458 or Urus | FerrariChat

458 or Urus

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Ferrari415, Jun 6, 2023.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrari415

Ferrari415 Rookie

Dec 22, 2020
    Hi Guys,

I have the option to purchase a 2020 Lamborghini Urus or a 2011 Ferrari 458 Italia.

I know they are 2 completely different cars. Any input would be appreciated in helping me with my decision.

Thanks!

2. Dseig001

Dseig001 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 21, 2017
    I went to buy a Urus a couple weeks ago as a daily driver.

Felt too much like my Q5 - bought a Mclaren GT instead! 3 years free maintenance and unlimited mile warranty

DefunctNeurons likes this.
  3. Kent Adams

Kent Adams Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 11, 2020
    Buy the 458 and an RSQ8. The Audi is nearly the same car without the Lambo badge and $100k premium. I have both.

DefunctNeurons, Shorn355 and Viperjoe like this.
  4. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    I would love to help but this post is way too vague. Have you driven both? Maybe start there???

5. 05F430F1

05F430F1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2005
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida
    Full Name:
    Todd
    Seriously.

Actually, I have a similar dilemma.,. Trying to decide if I should have Frosted Flakes for dinner tonight or if I should buy a new pair of shorts tomorrow…. Or if I should call my sister. I’m so torn of which one I should do. Help anyone? Which would be best?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Bas, one4torque, Ash Patel and 2 others like this.
  6. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    Todd, have you tried all 3 yet? Which one do you think you would enjoy the most? Personally I would go with Frosted Flakes. I’m thinking of going on vacation to the beach or to the mountains, any recommendations for me?

05F430F1 likes this.
  7. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    The Urus is a vehicle.
    The 458 is a Ferrari.

mtxv14, bball16, Caeruleus11 and 7 others like this.
  8. 05F430F1

05F430F1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2005
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida
    Full Name:
    Todd
    Ooh! Good idea. I’ll do all 3 except call my sister. Thanks.

If I were you, I’d find a grassy knoll with a puddle next it. Sit on it and squint at dusk. Every few minutes, you’ll keep convincing yourself you’re at one or the other.

mkraft3003 likes this.
  9. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    What does the PUROSANGUE do to that analogy? May get sucked into a vortex thinking about it. Lol

AD211 likes this.
  10. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    For a sport exotic type SUV I prefer the Porsche Cayenne Coupe Turbo GT.

JuniorGTR likes this.
  11. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I dont know yet. Have yet to drive one. Urus was just very blah to drive. And the more i see Q8 and that VW atlas the more i see the genius in Lambo's move.
    But if someone asked Purosangue vs 458, id say 458 11 days out of 10. Even if you need 4 seaters.

mkraft3003 likes this.
  12. Ferrari415

Ferrari415 Rookie

Dec 22, 2020
    This is the lame, let try to be funny response I would expect from a F430 owner.

05F430F1 likes this.
  13. JuniorGTR

JuniorGTR Karting

Mar 6, 2005
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Jr
    This is the type of response that gives Ferrari owners a reputation of being *******s. Nice work, you sound like a ton of fun. Hopefully you drive something noteworthy as well, otherwise that comment is even more misplaced and just plain ol ******* of ya

Also, Let me* or Let's* try to be funny work.

MotorMouth and 05F430F1 like this.
  14. 05F430F1

05F430F1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2005
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida
    Full Name:
    Todd
    I think … or hope he was trying to be funny back- at least that’s the way I took it but then again, I’m kind of an idiot and un-offendable so…

15. Urus.

Don't be silly.

3POINT8 likes this.
  16. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    looks like this was a fake post after all....

17. dgoldenz94

dgoldenz94 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 13, 2020
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    David Gold
    I test drove a Urus last week and don’t think I’ve ever been more disappointed in a test drive in my life. Boring and feels like an Audi. Gonna lose $100k in value over the next 3 years easily. Get the 458.

If you want a fun SUV that won’t break the bank and sounds awesome, get a 392 Wrangler, Trackhawk, or Range Rover SVR.

F430 Spider in VA likes this.
  18. Sunshine1

Sunshine1 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2011
    Miami
    A Range Rover SVR is indeed a great idea if you need an SUV (so elegant too).

19. The irony here is rich.

Depreciation and Range Rover as a counterpoint.

Caeruleus11 and Nsd991 like this.
  20. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    I have daily driven a RR SVR for 5 years, an all around fantastic daily. V8 sounds great with the growl. Decent power, decent handling.
    I just picked up a Urus for my wife, and I admit I’m jealous. The Urus beats my SVR in all areas, louder sound in Corsa (with back burbles), way more power, superb handling for an SUV. I just may have to steal it from her….
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cigarzman, Caeruleus11 and Ash Patel like this.
  21. dgoldenz94

dgoldenz94 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 13, 2020
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    David Gold
    You can’t lose $100k on a car that costs $50-80k used

22. Rory breaker

Rory breaker Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2017
    Urus is the best SUV on the market, hands down.
    The quote above with the RR SVR owner saying he’s jealous - not exaggerating. The Urus does everything better than any other SUV, really. It can be loud/menacing/fast, it can be slow/comfortable/quiet. Tech is great, the look is timeless (although not as timeless as a 458 but 458 is a literal legend). Can’t go wrong. I wouldn’t get the Audi or the Porsche frankly, you’re just going to look at it and want the Urus. For an exotic/high perf SUV there really is none better on the market yet.

Nsd991 likes this.
  23. Never underestimate the power of a Range Rover's depreciation prowess.

Challenge it at your own risk.

24. Does that include the Purosangue?

25. Cbartell

Cbartell Rookie

Jun 17, 2012
    Ohio
    Two completely different vehicles. The Urus will do what the Ferrari can’t do. I just drove my Urus 1500 miles without a single issue. It attracts lots of attention and pics. Was passing through WVA - and even rural ladies knew the logo. So for a great daily driver the Urus can’t be beat. I traded a 2023 Jaguar SVR for mine - the SVR was nice…but had no soul. The Urus has soul / lots of soul. As for the Audi comments - yes it’s architecture is Vw …shared with multiple brands. But the Urus is placed in the Italian hands for finishing. They dial in the Italian soul. The logo is the reason people race up to it to get a look. You will never garner attention in an Audi - even the q8. If you seek value by all means the Audi is your play - you will never use all 640 hp. So a few fewer in the Audi is no big deal.

As for the 458. This is a sports car. To drive this 1500 miles requires planning and contingencies. What if it takes a **** in Beckley WVA? What do I do? How do I get back ? Where does it go? I only drive my Ferrari to safe locations… dealer is within 100 miles. A 458 has some age - WILL need care. You also can’t load it up for a trip. A couple bags - work. Find something along the way - no room.

The Ferrari will hold value much better. Urus are finally selling around sticker for used. Out of warranty cars show a little depreciation. Tires on both are an expense. The Urus tires have to go through the dealer…serial number is required for allocation. I just got V12 Lusso back from its free service.. cost me $9,600 . Said tires were close to wear indicators. Renewing the warranty was $5400…since they did it before mine expired. Big money on each vehicle. Know what you are getting into. But go for the Urus if you want fun everyday. The 458 I’d you want a looker with limited use.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Rory breaker likes this.