Silly Questions about my Lusso | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Silly Questions about my Lusso

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by scottevestceo, Jun 2, 2023.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. scottevestceo

scottevestceo Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2023
    Full Name:
    Scott Jordan
    Am going to get my tires swapped at the race track, so all set there.

In the meantime, does anyone know correct way to hard wire a radar detector? My radar detector which is hardwired reboots every time I'm under hard acceleration, thus a short somewhere?

Is this the right place to look for information on Lusso:

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/812-superfast-blendmount-mirrortap-radar-detector-hardwire.608053/#post-149160795

Also, is there another cigarette lighter charger, other than center counsel up front?

2. 350MH83

350MH83 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2014
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Max
    True that. The only time I took the Lusso to a track event (and did very limited time in it, but much more in the 812 the dealership had brought to the event) I almost ended up purchasing a 991.1 GT3RS one of the racing drivers at the event had for sale.

scottevestceo likes this.
  3. scottevestceo

scottevestceo Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2023
    Full Name:
    Scott Jordan
    I posted this question re my radar detector separately here, but no response, so reposting here. In sum, the guy that hard wired my radar guessed which fuse to attach to, but it is causing the radar to reboot every time I am under hard acceleration, which defeats the purpose. I’m hoping there is a simple answer, e.g. attach to fuse __ and you should be fine, otherwise I have a cord from the center console to the windshield that looks like crap. I can’t be the only Ferrari owner with a radar detector?

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/hardwiring-my-radar-detector-for-lusso.678328/

4. 350MH83

350MH83 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2014
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Max
    I think it's weird that it reboots under hard acceleration. This could be due to either a big voltage fluctuation on this particular line during acceleration, or a poor contact. The former is very unlikely, especially if the tap is from the rear mirror enclosure. There is nothing in here that would draw any additional current under hard acceleration.
    The latter is much more probable. The tap is not done properly and electrical contact is lost when the harness shifts a bit under hard acceleration. In which case the fix should be easy enough, just fix the wire tap.

scottevestceo likes this.
  5. scottevestceo

scottevestceo Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2023
    Full Name:
    Scott Jordan
    Thanks. I will let my guy know. I agree with your assessment.

6. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Don't know about the Lusso, but on my 612 and my FF the passenger window will not go up automatically, I have to keep my finger on the switch. So I'm guessing that's probably standard Ferrari.

If your fronts are 90% new there is no need to change them out with the rears.

On both my cars I run Michelin Pilot Sport 4S. I have a separate set of winter tires mounted on wheels for the FF. They are Michelin Pilot Alpin.