SF 90 XX | Page 50 | FerrariChat

SF 90 XX

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by FerrariFR33458, May 5, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Divexxtreme

Divexxtreme Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2020
    Full Name:
    Scott

I haven’t seen him do that. He’s pretty unbiased in my opinion. He also seems to be really liking Ferrari lately. Now that they’re finally making fast cars.

2. Glenn Quagmire

Glenn Quagmire Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 13, 2019
    USA
    Perhaps we’re watching different things?! The entire essence of his channel is running cars on a prep’d drag strip. So, when speaking about Ferrari finally making fast cars, I’m curious…which cars has Ferrari designed exclusively for 1/4 mile runs on a drag strip? Last I checked, Ferrari’s are intended to be a balance of speed and handling. Something that a Tesla is not.

What useful comparison comes from running an electric SUV in a straight line against a purpose built supercar for a circuit? The point of my previous post is that the upcoming SF90 VS with a giant wing wasn’t designed to race against an electric SUV that seats five, on a 1/4 mile prep’d drag strip. Yet, that won’t stop Brooks from fawning over a Tesla…which was in fact designed exclusively to be fast in a straight line. Cool, the kids like it. Gee, I wonder if we’ll see Brooks race the Model X against the SF90 VS at the Daytona road course?

3. Divexxtreme

Aug 14, 2020
    Full Name:
    Scott
    We’re watching the same thing. A fast car is a fast car. It doesn’t have to be designed to a drag strip king. Ferraris were getting mopped up by the McLarens until they came out with the Pista, and then the F8, which closed the gap. Then the SF90 and 296 finally starting beating the the Macs. The Pista and F8’s performance is what made me start looking seriously at Ferrari and why I ended up getting my first one. Same with Brooks. Obviously I’m talking about straight line speed here, because any serious car person knows that Ferraris have always been good road course cars. Tesla isn’t even a part of this conversation. They are one-trick ponies. Brooks knows that as well, so why bother testing them around a road course? The drag strip and is easy and fun, and no reasonable person gets it confused with the nuance and challenge that comes with driving fast around a road course.

danielinCO2 likes this.
  4. Glenn Quagmire

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 13, 2019
    USA
    Cool story. Again, re-read my original post. It had to do with Brooks comparing a Tesla. Now, you’re saying “Tesla isn’t even a part of this conversation.” Lol, you’re right, because your conversation is with yourself and not me. It’s amazing how comprehension is lost on some people SMH.

5. Divexxtreme

Aug 14, 2020
    Full Name:
    Scott
    You said Brooks is biased. I said he wasn’t. Then you brought up the fact that on his ‘drag racing channel’, he fails to compare Tesla to Ferrari on road courses, as a way of validating your initial argument. I said that Tesla has nothing do with my point of him not being biased. What we can definitely agree on is that reading comprehension is definitely lacking, along with the ability to formulate a cogent argument.

6. Kmaaq

Kmaaq Formula Junior

Jul 26, 2019
    Full Name:
    Khalid Mohammed ALQattan
    What’s really lacking is actual SF90VS discussion. I swear I’m starting to sound like a troll around here.

Divexxtreme, Doktor Evil and djokito like this.
  7. Glenn Quagmire

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 13, 2019
    USA
    Wow, you continue to highlight the fact that comprehension really is lost on you. If you’ve concluded my post was intended as an argument, I bet you’re a blast with some gummies and a couple of Bud Lights. More hilarious is that you’re continuing to fawn over a YouTuber, in the same way my 5th grader does lol. Grow up. There’s no argument for you to win here. If Brooks and his drag racing content is your thing, I love that for you.

AGAIN…to appease his audience, Brooks will run the VS (big wing and all) against a Tesla Plaid. When the Tesla wins, he and his mouth breathing fan bois will celebrate the Tesla victory and how it’s quicker in a straight line, able to carry 4 of his buddies and is a fraction of the price. Now, let’s see if it clicks for you this timeo_O

Lagunae92 likes this.
  8. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    that's why manufactuers have to keep making faster cars because people feel insecure about the amount of power they have in relation to others, as absurd as that is

9. JJ77

JJ77 Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2020
    Haha.. think there is more than enough info posted a page back.. got to leave something for Ferrari to surprise us on June 26..

10. robcut1

robcut1 Karting

Dec 30, 2016
    It's different for true enthusiasts, and depends on the surface, and/or type of track. The basics are obviously just acceleration, braking and lateral acceleration in which case weight can be compensated with technological wizardry. The GT-R at 3900 lbs proved that years ago. Less weight would obviously make an appreciable difference when transitioning frequently on short, twisty roads/ circuits. I guess it comes down to what someone is willing to give up for less weight ie. comfort, luxury, instant torque from hybrid power, etc. Look how many people went for the Alpha 4C...at less than 2500lbs. as an example. If the market proved it really wanted a light weight Ferrari, with all the compromises, Ferrari would make it.

11. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Ferraris were never lightweight cars, like old Lotuses (the new Emira is about the same weight as a Cayman GT4, thus not a featherweight). Ferraris were always about the engine and the performance. The 250, for example, was not lighter than the competition. Frequently people hold a distorted vision about the past; rose tinted glasses and all...

12. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Well, everything is relative, a 250 weighs half a ton less than a Mercedes SL.

Yet,to be fair the complain about heavier cars is not only a Ferrari thing, all brands are making bigger cars, even Lotus. Actually Ferrari has done some effort to at least not increase much more the weight of new cars compared to their predecessor.

13. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    Aside from Alpine and GMA that’s very true

14. phanliu

phanliu Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2015
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Noel
    How is the June 26 reveal processed for clients? Is it invite only or can anyone go to their dealership and apply to go?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

15. RumorDude

RumorDude Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2003
    Woodinville, WA
    I don’t know about everyone but in my case, I was offered to purchase the tickets (hundreds of euros each). it came up as part of the discussion when I asked if I’d be able to get an sf90vs allocation.

16. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    About the name again guys... Do you really think SF90 LM has a chance? My impression is that those who have suggested or relayed that name have been kind of feeding themselves with that info, going in circles, you know.

Not that Ferrari can be regarded as consistent in this respect, but am I right that all previous LM's have been actual race cars?

Finally, I can think of a better timing for this "LM" if it was introduced in the previous Le Mans days, with all the hype for the race. Not just after. Imagine bad racing results for Ferrari, that would absolutely spoil the presentation.

17. carz80am

carz80am Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2015
    Northern Virginia/DC

I'm hearing SF90vs

18. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    VS is the generic versione speciale. Won’t be the name.

U-Boat Commander, daoman and Senad like this.
  19. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    What ???
    you're kidding ...

U-Boat Commander likes this.
  20. U-Boat Commander

U-Boat Commander Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2008
    USA
    #1245 U-Boat Commander, Jun 9, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2023
    My bet is that if Ferrari wins Le Mans they will call it LM. Maybe they'll call it SF 10 LM, to mark their tenth victory.

If not, there are probably 2-3 runner up names. The existing car is already called Stradale. So they'll have to come up with something even more sporty.

21. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    The car's insignia and all the marketing material must have been decided and printed by now.

F140C likes this.
  22. 4re4ever

4re4ever Formula 3

Mar 26, 2006
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Simon
    I think given the launch month it was always going to be LM regardless of a Win there this year. However they do have Nurburgring as a back up name

manya81 likes this.
  23. robcut1

robcut1 Karting

Dec 30, 2016
    What happened to this thread? Nothing in 5 days!!
    No more speculation before the big reveal?
    Everyone a bit nervous about allocations, etc.?

24. Fortis

Fortis Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2019
    Full Name:
    Fortis
    I am guessing those who know know and keep their mouths shut and those who speculate have said everything they had to say by now.

D11, robcut1 and Jonathan19 like this.
  25. thx enzo

thx enzo Karting

Aug 11, 2021
    Hartland, WI
    Full Name:
    Stevenp
    Excellent point. As I have said before, "the first rule of fight club is never talk about fight club."

If I was a VIP Ferrari customer offered one of these cars, I don't think I would be too vocal about details before an unveiling.