458 Key Housing | FerrariChat

458 Key Housing

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by KarlGustavLudwig, Jun 7, 2023.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. KarlGustavLudwig

Jul 25, 2021
    Full Name:
    Karl Gustav
    Dear all,

both of my 458 keys took some beatings. And one key even lost the prancing horse.
    Is it possible to just order the key housing? Not the whole key since they are fully working and would cost ~$400 each. Just want to bring back the look and feel of a fresh key. I found some 3rd party supplier solutions but these are not original and the horse on the key is missing. Is there a way to buy the original housing?

Is that possible?

thanks in advance
    Karl

2. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    i'm interested in this too thanks for posting

KarlGustavLudwig likes this.
  3. Challenge

Challenge Formula 3

Sep 27, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
  4. KarlGustavLudwig

Jul 25, 2021
    Full Name:
    Karl Gustav
    this one has no logo :(

5. Dom458

Dom458 Rookie

Apr 2, 2022
    Full Name:
    Dominic
    I bought a copy one to try and couldn’t tolerate it. The horse badge was present but looked off, the paint finish was rubbish and buttons too hard and with the wrong luggage comp button logo.

I think refurb of original or new genuine is the only way. That said, I also concluded that any new key will quickly get chips and scratches. Mine aren’t actually too bad. I’d just like to have them be perfect.

6. Challenge

Challenge Formula 3

Sep 27, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
  7. KarlGustavLudwig

Jul 25, 2021
    Full Name:
    Karl Gustav
  8. Challenge

Challenge Formula 3

Sep 27, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    KarlGustavLudwig and Melvok like this.
  9. 05F430F1

05F430F1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2005
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida
    Full Name:
    Todd
    Wait! Did you ‘white out’ the grooves on the key so people couldn’t see them?!? Good Lord, the world has gone completely mad

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

JTaylorGT likes this.
  10. Challenge

Challenge Formula 3

Sep 27, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    It is possible to make copies of keys via photos. Just not my photos.

11. 05F430F1

05F430F1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2005
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida
    Full Name:
    Todd
    Yikes. That’s like the guys that white/black out their license plates when posting a photo…. I’m like, um, do they realize when they drive around or park their car, the license plate number can be seen? Haaha silliness- but ok- strong safety measure

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

12. Challenge

Challenge Formula 3

Sep 27, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Let's put it this way: I'm trying to help the guy out and you're not.

13. 05F430F1

05F430F1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2005
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida
    Full Name:
    Todd
    AD211 likes this.
  14. Snapshift

Snapshift Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 31, 2020
    Centralia IL
    Full Name:
    Lyle D. Pahnke
    #14 Snapshift, Jun 7, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2023
    I bought a blank key and had it cut by the code card and found a seller on e bay that sold 430 keys with the Cavallino embedded in the cover. They are IMHO better quality than the original. I’ll post sites. And sellers. If you have the key code card there are locksmiths that can cut it. The one I used was in Houston. I then took the cut blank and transferred the original circuit board and pill to the new key snapped them in and snapped on the covers. Look good enough for me. Unfortunately I cannot find anyone to program the electronics or clone them in any of the eBay keys. The dealer charged me 300 to “try” to reprogram a second key. No luck and can’t get one I only have one key.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login The trick is to try and find a key supplier that sells the key with the logo but they don't show it because it is a trademark.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_id=144648730609&_nkw=[A+CUTTING+SERVICE]+-+Laser+Car+Key+Cutting+BY+PHOTO+OR+KEY+CODE

this is the key that I bought for the logo covers and buttons. I think it was high quality for me

https://www.ebay.com/itm/393592748717?fits=Make%3AFerrari&hash=item5ba3f4baad:g:zwEAAOSwJrliYUMh&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAA8C%2BQBd%2B5eoZZ1T968gRZr27%2BS1arLZ2n9wWt307fuvpImroJcv9XipuWJUrGDql4lfeLLtoxW6QHTSR5uwOxsFdHShpjjjgg7SumsPWzpCtEZEXctGOGewam88n6nzAtNp13tk28o6DAih2XYd%2F%2FkDPcVRkXkz%2FQrNGsGFiOYtsjgAzwCBAHoiWqbikT49FleZdFKeLBdLD7EZF3xbhttvhcwOgUMU4NycLevz1HdvELAynUw59awIMslU4omM07MNbXRALhhx%2FgTOQNkwpumsTpU%2F1xuldywM56yKyep8i9RTWnxMFp7iZps1M4%2B15lIQ%3D%3D%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR4bGiJKTYg

I used Keys 4less to cut it with the code card.

15. AirKuhl

AirKuhl Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 23, 2004
    Who da ho?
    Full Name:
    Peter
  16. KarlGustavLudwig

Jul 25, 2021
    Full Name:
    Karl Gustav
    Thank you very much. Your feedback is very helpful for me. Highly appreciate your responses and even taking time to take pictures and comparing the keys, that is valuable. Will get one too.

Challenge likes this.
  17. KarlGustavLudwig

Jul 25, 2021
    Full Name:
    Karl Gustav
    Guys thanks a lot so far. Replys are informative and helpful. I think there are more Ferraristi having the same question. So now they will be able to use the search function and find answers in future. If you have further infos to add just keep posting, that way we have different solutions and approaches all in one threat.
    Wish you all a fantastic weekend!
    Karl

Snapshift likes this.