FORMULA 1 AWS GRAN PREMIO DE ESPANA 2023 - Barcelona....Race.... ▄▀▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▄▀▄▀▄▀ | Page 12 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 AWS GRAN PREMIO DE ESPANA 2023 - Barcelona....Race.... ▄▀▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▄▀▄▀▄▀

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, Jun 3, 2023.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Yes, that could have been a watershed in Leclerc's career, just like the shunt at Hockenheim was for Vettel.

2. Giallo 550

Giallo 550 Formula 3

May 25, 2019
    NY
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I feel like he really isn't that much more mistake-prone than his contemporaries. He's fast and clean, which is more than you can say for Russell. How many times have we seen him bollocks someone up, yet Leclerc is the one who makes the headlines because Ferrari? I still believe he can put up as good of a fight against Verstappen in equal machinery as anyone else.

If anything, I feel like I'm becoming more of a supporter of Ferrari DRIVERS, instead of Ferrari. It's really difficult to defend and support their practices, but I'll go to bat for their drivers any day.

3. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Yes, Leclerc can do that, race wheel to wheel with Verstappen, but for how long ?
    He can be fast, but he still makes too many mistakes on his own, which have nothing to do with Ferrari mi-management.

jpalmito likes this.
  4. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    What msitakes? giving him a ****ed up car? yes, it was a mistake, just not his....

5. Giallo 550

Giallo 550 Formula 3

May 25, 2019
    NY
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I don't know for how long, but that's what I want to find out!

It's easier to make mistakes when you're surrounded by dysfunction, like how it is at Ferrari. Red Bull, Mercedes, and now even Aston Martin present as well-oiled machines, while Leclerc and Sainz are the ones in a far less than confidence-inspiring environment.

6. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I don't like idiots either, but i keep on coming here, i guess i'm an idiot too!

Temerian, Picchu88 and Giallo 550 like this.
  7. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I'm also one of those rare ocasions whre e root more for one Ferraridriver tha the hole team...but i guess that has to do with other things. I like Fred, i think he's doing what he cans, and if the strategy and pitstips were as good as this year, charles would have won 4 more races last year. I believe we have the current best driver, but it's hard to perform when so many things go wrong....i like to judge drivers by their respective performances, not by things alien to them, like broken cars, bad strategies, etc...

Giallo 550 likes this.
  8. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Sure, like Senna shunt in Monaco, or Prost crash at Monaco, or his crash against nelson, or the inumerous crashes by Mansell, that really slowed them down!

9. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    True, circuits are gettin crappyer by the year.....Miami is just an example of were not to race. Yas Marina sucks, like so many others...Monaco is enough, and Baku looks a good adition, but jedahh is an accident wayting to happen. THis Barcelona circuit is useless as well, yeat we have amazing tracks like Portimão and Imola, or mugello staying out. Las americas is a decent track too, one of the few new circuit that i like. Most older circuits had great layouts, they just need modernizing, like the Red bull ring, wich is still a great track.

Bas and DF1 like this.
  10. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    ...which is why I think he should find a way to leave. I know of his long term agreement, and I know that at the minute there is no seat available anywhere, but if he does not, I fear his potential will be squandered. He desperatly needs a reset.
    As for Ferrari, well, I've said so many times that "the worst ennemi of Ferrari has always been Ferrari"

Rgds

jpalmito, kes7u, Giallo 550 and 2 others like this.
  11. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Charles Leclerc risks becoming another Chris Amon, Jacky Ickx, or Jean Alesi, and waste his best years, never to recover.

jpalmito and Giallo 550 like this.
  12. itschris

itschris Formula 3

Sep 15, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I have yet to be sold on Charles. Clearly he's fast, but almost all of the drivers can put on a show at times. I think he's just too emotional for one thing. But it seems his entire F1 career is win, spin, or bin.

DF1 and william like this.
  13. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Yes an element of consistency is not found with him yet!

william likes this.
  14. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    That's the perfect f1 driver in my book!

Giallo 550 likes this.
  15. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Well, he's consistently faster than his team mate....or anyone else for that matter (given the car he has)....

16. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Consistency is an essential ingredient to win a championship. Leclerc hasn't show he has that.

17. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    What he hasn't is a car capable of winning one, when the car is good enough and he doesn't get screwd by his team, he delivers...and he doesn't need a 1sec per lap faster car to do it like certain "champions".

fil and Giallo 550 like this.
  18. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    He won't get one at Ferrari for the next three years or so, as they have completly lost the plot, so he better look elsewhere, and NOW.
    Otherwise he will always be a great "What might have been" and - as far as myself go - I have zero interest in "What might have been": the only proof of the pudding is in eating it, and the gap between those who might have achieved it, and those who had achieved it is simply enormous.
    Although I may have some compassion for those who could have, but didn't. Loosers are aplenty; winners, well...

Either he will be among those who might have succeded, or those who have.
    The choice is upon him. NOW.

Rgds

william likes this.
  19. Giallo 550

Giallo 550 Formula 3

May 25, 2019
    NY
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I've said it before and I'll say it again: I would not blame him if he jumped ship on Ferrari. Look out for number one and don't step in number two.

DF1, kes7u, furoni and 4 others like this.
  20. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I agree. I suppose Leclerc has already instructed his manager to look for a suitable seat for years to come.
    There won't be any vacancy at Mercedes in the near future if Hamilton signs another 3-year contract, which has yet to be seen.
    Unless Max tires of F1 (like he says he does) and migrates to another series, no seat at Red Bull either.
    There should be a vacancy at Aston Martin in a few years, when Alonso retires (he will be 45 in 2026).
    With Honda onboard, Aston Martin could become a leading team and the surprise of the future.
    Also, I have some hope in Audi to become a big player too. No other team seems desirable.

21. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Not sure Perez future at Red Bull is 100% secure...but would they like to manage both Max Verstappen and Charles Leclerc together, that's another matter...
    They have zero trouble whatsoever with their driver's pairing, why would they have two bulls in the same corral?
    Rgds

DF1 and william like this.
  22. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I had the impression Horner wanted to bring back Ricciardo at Red Bull to pair him with Verstappen soon.
    This season was just a transition to secure him until Perez contract runs out.
    I don't think Max cares much about his team mate, but Marko likes to meddle in the team.

23. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Charles is out of choices. Maybe if he wanted He could have signed something with Mercedes, but i'm not sure he was comited to it, and if Elton signs with will be at least for 2 more years i guess, so that door is closed. Red Bull is efectively max's team, he would be in a disadvantage there, and there is bno one else. Ferrari is his only top team choice, and the one who will pay him better. Even Asto will resign alonso for a couple more years, and lancelot is untouchable....so realisticly, i think Charles is stuck with Ferrari, although i believe that if he could, he would get out, and maybe return as world champion, when he sees a team capable of taking the chalenge. Fred will have a lot of work to rebuild the team, and it won't be easy because i don't see a top name joining to design the car...how they alowed Aston to outbid them on Dan falows is beyond me.....maybe they can persuade Aldo Costa back...

Giallo 550 likes this.
  24. bobzdar

bobzdar F1 Veteran

Sep 22, 2008
    Richmond
    Full Name:
    Pete
    It's trying to push a slow car to be competitive. Verstappen made the same mistakes when his car wasn't dominant, or do you forget Bakhu 2018, Jeddha qual 2021 etc. When trying to push the car beyond what it's normally capable of, mistakes will be made, no matter how good you are. The ability to push the car that hard and pull something special out is a rare one, only Leclerc, Verstappen, Alonso, Lando, and Hamilton seem to have that ability. Alonso probably makes the least mistakes of them all tbh, but over achieves in every car he's ever been in. I like Sainz and think he's a really good driver but he doesn't have that extra gear to pull out occasionally that the others do.

kes7u and Giallo 550 like this.
  25. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    That's cool to see the traces. Max is either that good and or the RB is that planted a car. I'd like to see perez V. Max traces.

Bas likes this.