Au Revoir 599! | FerrariChat

Au Revoir 599!

Discussion in '612/599' started by Autodetailing, Jun 7, 2023.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Autodetailing

Autodetailing Karting

Oct 5, 2021
    Full Name:
    John
    So! me and the 599 HGTE said farewell to each other yesterday after being together for nearly 2 years.
    A mixture of emotions came over me as i left here at the dealership, had i done the right thing?
    I will sadly miss the excitement of driving this car and the amount of attention it drew whilst out on the road.
    I will not miss the servicing costs though!
    If you live in the UK and are searching for an immaculate 599 HGTE model, she will be for sale at a reputable UK dealership this Friday.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Makuono likes this.
  2. AK1981

AK1981 Rookie

Jun 12, 2021
    Somerset
    Full Name:
    AK
    Whats it like to drive?

3. Autodetailing

Autodetailing Karting

Oct 5, 2021
    Full Name:
    John
    The guy from the dealership who drove me to the train station had been around Ferraris for most of his life and he commented that this was the best 599 he had driven as most crash and bang over uneven surfaces, which did not help my feelings at all!!
    In reality the F1 gearbox does not feel at home in town city driving when it has to stop / start or crawl etc.
    Where it does excel is out on the open road on fast sweeping A roads, it wants to go, especially in Sport or Race mode, the paddle gear changes are sublime and when driven hard the car in my opinion seems to be very intuitive of your next move!
    You will never, ever tire of the V12 scream and the way it says bye, bye to nearly everything out on the road these days.

4. Autodetailing

Autodetailing Karting

Oct 5, 2021
    Full Name:
    John
  5. DZ-96

DZ-96 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2010
    South Germany
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    What's your next toy ?

Daniel

6. Makuono

Makuono Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2014
    Full Name:
    Ricardo
    I've seen it advertised. Exquisite!

7. Autodetailing

Autodetailing Karting

Oct 5, 2021
    Full Name:
    John
    Im looking at the new Aston Martin Vantage Daniel.

8. Sunshine1

Sunshine1 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2011
    Miami
    It’s always sad to let a loved car go. However you will soon have a car that you will love too.

But wondering if an Aston Martin Vantage would bring you the same level of satisfaction and love as the 599…

Zaza likes this.
  9. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    While I have had a different experience in town (my car is good in town but you have to adapt to it's quirks), you are right that the 599 is an amazing car. I don't think I can let my car go, I will probably keep it forever. It is sad to see a great car go but you will have fun with the next adventure. Keep us updated on the new ride.

10. Autodetailing

Autodetailing Karting

Oct 5, 2021
    Full Name:
    John
    The car is now for sale via Sytner Ferrari.
    I know i am biased but this must be the best 599 HGTE currently for sale in the UK.
    I spent just under £10K on the car to get her to the current high standard, new tyres with TPMS sensors, alloy wheels fully refurbished, full major service carried out in 2022, minor paint blemishes fixed at approved Ferrari body shop, etc,etc.
    The car also benefits from full front end PPF and now comes with a Ferrari 2 year warranty for peace of mind.

https://www.sytner.co.uk/vehicle-details/4865fac2-df11-4a18-adda-05308931ea81

11. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    A similar 599 HGTE (LHD, US spec) in the US would bring quite a bit more money.

12. Kyle Stoffer

Kyle Stoffer Karting

Sep 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    Kyle R Stoffer
    That price is ridiculous…these are trading for $250k+ in the US.

Beautiful car!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

13. Autodetailing

Autodetailing Karting

Oct 5, 2021
    Full Name:
    John
    The market in the UK for high end cars is poor at the moment, unless it is something very special, but even Pistas and the like are slow moving.
    I did consider a Portofino as 2018 / 2019 models have hit rock bottom now, with good examples in the region of £135K.
    The dealers want cars they can flip in 2 weeks or so, they do not want it sat on the showroom floor for months on end.