LIV Tour golf 2023 | Page 3 | FerrariChat

LIV Tour golf 2023

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Whisky, Feb 19, 2023.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    Even if he quits playing altogether and just disappears?

I know none of us can claim to know what goes on inside his head,
    but I would find it very hard to cheat on Elin, let alone with dozens
    of 'odd' women.
    I also cannot understand the CONSTANT injuries he's had since the mid-2000's.
    Many other golfers play in a lot more tournaments than he ever did, and few of them
    have many, if any, injuries at all. (not counting car crashes)
    And he has a daily workout regimen, too, to keep up strength and flexability, guess that didn't help...

2. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I think it is pretty simple. He's overdriven. He practices 110%, he swings 110%, he plays 110%. His body and mind can only handle 100% at most. Like many great athletes to be the GOAT (Tiger should have been the goat over Jack), he was an *******.

3. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Is there still a Champions (senior) tour? If so, Tiger should quit for now and reappear when he turns 50.

4. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    he's honestly not even top 10 for his age now, he has really fallen off and other golfers have really stepped up late in their career. he can play Seniors in 3 years, I'm not sure we'll ever see him do it though.

5. Shorn355

Shorn355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    The man damn near had his leg amputated from a car crash for **** sake-

It's amazing he can walk much less play golf at any level-

He's the GOAT- period- Me made golf "cool" versus fat rich white guys dressing like pimps-

Who gives a **** what he did in his personal life- I'm quite sure "Elin" was no picnic- If she broke the glass out of my vehicle I would have double tapped her in her augmented forehead and put her in the Hudson

Tiger is the GOAT- He proved that with the PGA win and dotted it with the Masters win- Period

6. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    The GOAT is who has the most Majors. Yes I believe Tiger was a better player than Jack, but Jack lived in a different era and he performed better when it counted. You also can't give Tiger credit for what he should have been, he fell short for his own faults and thus shouldn't get credit.

7. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    He would have broken Jack’s major record if he could have kept his dick in his pants. When you have a fall from grace that far it’s hard to recover.

rob lay likes this.
  8. Shorn355

Shorn355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    So his dick was out when he crashed?

I agree him not being ****ing Andy Griffith or The Waltons with the psycho money grabbing 9-iron window smashing troll impeded his journey- but everyone can't be Saint Jack

:eek::rolleyes:

9. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    No but everyone that he was such a good guy and had a stellar reputation. Then all this crap came out, if he just honored his wife and wedding vows, maybe his head wouldn't be so messed up.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

10. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Ryan S. and rob lay like this.
  11. INRange

INRange F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2014
    Virginia/Florida/Caymans
    Full Name:
    JD
    The transaction is interesting because a non-profit is merging with a for profit business....creating a new for profit business. I can't think of another example of that happening. Perhaps Dale @Texas Forever will opine on this.

I'm sure they will keep a non-profit on the side for the education and training activities.

Texas Forever likes this.
  12. TheBigEasy

TheBigEasy F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    Wild news... I've been laughing at golf twitter for the last hour... lots of gems out there right now... but this is the best (check the date):

Image Unavailable, Please Login

TheMayor and rob lay like this.
  13. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Charles Payne on Fox Business today showed a graph of golfer's winnings over the years. Quite surprising. He said that most golfers didn't make much money until Tiger showed up and winnings have gone up quite a lot but most pro-golfers make less than someone playing pro Soccer in America. That's pretty shocking. So the LIV / PGA merger will raise salaries for everyone.

TheBigEasy likes this.
  14. TheBigEasy

Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    Good list:

Also this true:

TheMayor likes this.
  15. TheBigEasy

Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    Ok now this is the best one I've seen all day :D:D:D

rob lay likes this.
  16. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    So will they play 54 holes or 72? I'm guessing they will go with 54 (and no cuts) for "normal" tournaments and stick to the traditional 72 (with cuts) for the majors. (I've said for years that the Players Championship in Ponte Vedra should be designated a major tournament. No one ever said that 4 was the limit. Maybe now is the time to do that.)

17. TheBigEasy

Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    I don’t think it would be too hard to create a annual schedule that blends it all together.

the 4 majors - still the own separate halos
    the current ‘elevated’ PGA Tour events + fedex cup
    the LIV events - w/ party focus like TPC Scottsdale does with the stadium on 16

you could have the team element across all of it with an annual leaderboard, like F1 constructors championship

the team format is actually great… but it needs to focus on regions (Aussie team, California team, Florida team, UK team, Latin America team, etc) rather than the current crushers, smash, 4 aces, etc….. also, if they each have a title sponsor you have Team Nike, Team Titleist, Team TaylorMade, Team Under Armor, etc.

18. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    #69 Whisky, Jun 7, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2023
    Jack also hit steel-shafted clubs and the heads had a sweet spot the size of a thimble.
    The clubs today do most of the work for you, and have the sweet spot of a pie plate.
    And the balls of today are good for an extra 75 yards - or more.

Would - MAYBE - but didn't.

But how do you choose team players?
    How do you 'fire' them?

What I think would be neat would be 4-man Best Ball... but you have to find a way
    to not always use Rory's drives, or Phil's chips off the green...

Your proposal of different countries sounds like the Ryder Cup, but also, how do you pick
    a Texas, Florida, California or any other geographical location team?
    Birthplace?
    College town or where they went to High School?
    How do you pick 4 players for Team Florida when half the PGA players were born there?
    If there are ONLY 4 guys from Idaho in the PGA and one quits/gets injured, then what?

rob lay likes this.
  19. TheBigEasy

Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    Well LIV was trying to get to a ‘draft’ format where the captains have to wait to choose from the new guys… and real trades between teams like in other sports.

And for the regions I think ideally you want people from there… but eventually it’s just a team…. Not like all the Dallas Cowboys are from Dallas, etc… but people from Dallas root for that team.

20. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    The PGA tour merging with LIV feels a bit like Dunder Mifflin buying the Michael Scott Paper Company.

21. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    You can't merge a non-profit into a profit. You can have strategic alliances and other arrangements.

INRange likes this.
  22. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    I get that, but I also think golf is a little more sophisticated than that.

'And in other news, Team California has put Tiger Woods on IR, he will miss the remainder of the season...'

Sure you can.
    You dissolve one into the other.
    Or - as you said - you can have different 'arms' of a company, one arm holds the tournaments
    that are for-profit, the other is for non-profits, like the St. Jude Classic.
    NOW, how to distribute TV revenue between the two, I don't know, prize money?
    ---
    How does an entity that 'profits' be able to call itself 'non-profit'?
    By distributing it's 'profit' to the employees, and buy buying, adding to and upgrading 'facilities'
    How?
    Look at just about any hospital, 'profit' is where the money comes from to pay for all the expansions.

23. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I've played golf since I was a kid, and at that time watched it on TV. As an adult I still play golf but rarely watch it on TV.

Now I have a reason to cut back from that much. I think it's just the Masters going forward.

24. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Careful. Wasnt Augusta exclusive to blacks and women? in other words racist?