LaFerrari replacement: v12, no hybrid, less power than SF90stradale? | Page 66 | FerrariChat

LaFerrari replacement: v12, no hybrid, less power than SF90stradale?

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Ale55andr0, Dec 24, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Your are fully right about the logic.
    Nevertheless they decided to put their glorious V12 NA in a SUV and the V6TT in their halo car..

ferrarifanatic25 and Spet00 like this.
  2. 4re4ever

4re4ever Formula 3

Mar 26, 2006
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Simon
    It's a TT V6 said and done many pages ago... lets move on

Senad likes this.
  3. Johnny_Bravo

Johnny_Bravo Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2012
    :(:(:(

4. ferrarifanatic25

ferrarifanatic25 Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2009
    OC
    You literally can’t make this stuff up. Yet here we are. What in God’s name are they thinking over there?

jpalmito likes this.
  5. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Truth is the Brand is so powerful right now that they can sell everything they want at a delirious price..

4B11T and c8spidey like this.
  6. 4re4ever

4re4ever Formula 3

Mar 26, 2006
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Simon
    Call it wild, crazy, even insane... But the fact is that V6TT is amazing, a version of it Won the 24hr of Nurburgring and has them on Pole at Le Mans.

We are returning to the 1980s to the days of the F40 solution, one of Ferrari's greatest cars (and time periods for road car success) and the last past the man himself and oh boy did it have an impact on the world and it still does today. just less a couple of cylinders of course. It's a bitter sweet kinda thing, But if it can take the world like the F40 did, I am all for it. We still have our classic Grand Tourer in the form of the F167 with a V12 coming.

TheF1BOB, Senad and jpalmito like this.
  7. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Obviously this V6TT is a technical masterpiece.
    I’m very very happy to see Ferrari competitive in different categories because ( partially) of it.
    I just regret they didn’t decided to build a brand new V12 NA for the coming decade..

Senad likes this.
  8. 4re4ever

4re4ever Formula 3

Mar 26, 2006
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Simon
    The Enzo was the Last, true to that breed.... The La Ferrari started the change..

Johnny_Bravo and day355 like this.
  9. F12B88

F12B88 Karting

Aug 16, 2013
    Yeah but when we glorify a V6TT, saying it won this race and that race. It only means something if it was against what we want and won. NOT against other V6TT :D:D:D If it beat a V12 in a endurance race, we have something to talk about but other V6TT and NA V8 nothing to brag about in my opinion. Same thing with the Ford GT. Cool car, but a V6TT? really Ford? :eek::eek::(

c8spidey, Johnny_Bravo and JTSE30 like this.
  10. 4re4ever

4re4ever Formula 3

Mar 26, 2006
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Simon
    NA V12s wouldn't win like they use to anymore. Before MS joined Ferrari's F1 team. They were the only team left still running a V12 in F1 and they got destroyed by the V10s of the other teams. (Ford only won there class, Ferrari won outright) An NA V12 would pit more and would not have the the same wider range power band of the V6TT. The V6TT would be in and out of corners much faster and would pick up speed down the straight much faster which would reduce the advantage of that raw top end power of the V12. Do I miss V12 racing hell yes... oh the sound... But the game has changed... So you either embrace it or you stop watching/ talking about racing.. I love racing so I accept it.

Garbageman likes this.
  11. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Since power is capped (maximum power is 680 HP), a V12 would bring no advantage. On the contrary, it would just add weight and it's higher fuel consumption would be a hindrance (more stops). That's why no manufacturer uses a V12 for their LeMans prototypes.

Well, that had everything to do with the chassis and the team, not the V12, which was the most powerful in the field. When Schumacher drove the 1995 F1 car, he said that the engine was brilliant and the car overall should have won if it were more reliable.

Not really, as a big V12 would have all the torque needed, but you are right that its thirst would be a problem, necessitating more stops; not to mention the packaging and weight issues. Like it or not, current regulations lend themselves to smaller engines, since max power is capped anyway.

Jeronimo GTO and ouzo12 like this.
  12. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006

Absolutely, you are right !
    I would add that the current regulations with the limitation of power are oriented for marketing purposes to promote and legitimize in the eyes of the general public, a certain type of engine, for commercial purposes.
    Finished the freedom to see compete in different categories (F1, endurance...) different types of engine architecture and power !

Jeronimo GTO and willcrook like this.
  13. babgh

babgh Karting

Dec 21, 2016
    Bit off topic but ferrari needs to improve their hybrid system so it won't produce this kind of error code in this video

14. 4re4ever

4re4ever Formula 3

Mar 26, 2006
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Simon

Attached Files:

15. Johnny_Bravo

Johnny_Bravo Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2012
    What does this mean ?

16. 4re4ever

4re4ever Formula 3

Mar 26, 2006
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Simon
    I have not seen that blue warning label before so I am not sure.
    But the standard electrical yellow one was not present.

Johnny_Bravo likes this.
  17. sp1der

sp1der F1 Rookie

Jan 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Ashley
    isot likes this.
  18. 4re4ever

4re4ever Formula 3

Mar 26, 2006
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Simon
  19. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
  20. markonex

markonex Formula Junior

Jul 31, 2015
    Italy
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Finally they start pushing real downforce at the front, so they can rise the rear downforce with proper wings without unbalancing the aerodynamic centre too much, nice to see how the bonnet is implementing huge S-duct evovled concept
    Seems Ferrari will be able to really rival with Valhalla and P1 replacement

Lcawley likes this.
  21. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    The Valhalla, if it ever happens, will be one step below. This is a Valkyrie rival.

jpalmito likes this.
  22. markonex

markonex Formula Junior

Jul 31, 2015
    Italy
    Full Name:
    Marco
    I hear about it, but honestly seems difficult to rival with Vlakyrie in max downforce level and weight, while keeping human underbody instead of alien aeroship underbody like on valkyrie, plus usability and comfort look way higher on the LaF replacement, so maybe we shall wait for Hypercar XX evo program to see Valkyrie downforce levels.
    On power and performances, it will be there with Valkyrie though

23. 4re4ever

4re4ever Formula 3

Mar 26, 2006
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Simon
    An insider confirmed some time back that one of the F250 goal was to beat the Vlakyrie. Not sure in what terms or if that means out right (as they couldn't say much as you would expect). But given what they have done with the SF90 Vs the F250 has to be a big jump and stand its ground for a few years of new Ferrari's being released.