The umpteenth post about the Ferrari App | FerrariChat

The umpteenth post about the Ferrari App

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Marcus Lam, Jun 1, 2023.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Marcus Lam

Marcus Lam Rookie

Apr 15, 2018
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Marcus Lam
    Hello folks, I am excited to have scored an allocation for the Purosangue. I remember that during the waiting list period for my 812 GTS, the car would show up in my garage along with my delivered cars but show “waiting list”. I also remember that there would be a photo representative of the car and the configuration was mostly correct, or at least mimicked my original spec before any changes I made with my SA later on.

Well, my Purosangue is showing up as Waiting List but with no image. It says that I can “add an image” but there is actually no way to do this when I click on the “+” symbol to add such image. The configuration is also completely wrong, from exterior to interior colors and hardly any options listed.

My comment is that I wonder where this inaccurate information (or lack thereof) is coming from? Did the sales manager order it incorrectly to begin with or does Ferrari randomly assign specs in the configuration.

I know this sounds trivial but I like using the app to look at my cars. But it is no fun when things are so messed up. What is everyone else seeing in their app?

paulchua likes this.
  2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
  3. Marcus Lam

Marcus Lam Rookie

Apr 15, 2018
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Marcus Lam
    LOL yes I do actually. My issue before with the app was that my 812 GTS disappeared from My Garage. It did reappear later.

Since that post, the app has received many updates and the UI has improved. My SA has a general dislike for the app as he has to deal with clients who complain about the app.

My new post asks the question on how the app generates the wrong spec info to begin with. I ordered a Blu Corsa / Sabbia combination and the app is showing Giallo Modena / Nero. How does that happen? So strange.

4. ChaosAD!

ChaosAD! Karting

Jul 29, 2021
    Full Name:
    John Shinas
    You’re not alone in this. The app has never worked well for me either. I have a SF90 Spider on order specified in Rosso Coburn and the app shows a pink car.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

jm2 likes this.
  5. Kmaaq

Kmaaq Formula Junior

Jul 26, 2019
    Full Name:
    Khalid Mohammed ALQattan
    Lol this is funny, love the cyan tongue

6. Marcus Lam

Marcus Lam Rookie

Apr 15, 2018
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Marcus Lam
    Yes, that is such a bizarrely random placeholder car! Here is mine:

7. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    It sucks.

</thread>

8. Newjoint

Newjoint Formula 3

Jan 17, 2016
    If the app is so bad, it does not bode well for the “high tech” computer on wheels type Ferrari has in mind for the future. It would make people wistfully remember the days of British car electronics in their heyday

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

9. Twosherpaz

Twosherpaz Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2014
    Thermal, CA
    Full Name:
    Private
    The app reminds me of our president

Mercedes_Benz likes this.
  10. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    First of all, huge congrats! What an awesome pairing. The app itself is very basic and has a lot of bugs. What you're experiencing is a known issue.

11. 020147

020147 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2006
    Midwest
    I admire anyone who can actually use the app. It’s been a a vestigial app on my phone for three years now.

12. 05F430F1

05F430F1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2005
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida
    Full Name:
    Todd
    Mine works fine but there just simply isn’t anything to do in it. It’s very basic. No live car info or location or stats etc… don’t really see the point of the app even though it works perfectly fine for me

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app