812 GTS build input request | FerrariChat

812 GTS build input request

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Dan Millman, Jun 5, 2023.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dan Millman

Dan Millman Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 5, 2020
    Saint Louis
    Dealer just informed me that I actually have a shot at getting an allocation for an 812 GTS before they cease production. So, I am going to finalize my build soon and would love to get input from people who have owned theirs for a while. I have read many other threads and there's a lot of good information and opinions, but most of it is dated and/or prospective. I would very much appreciate owners' input on exterior, interior, and/or technology options:

1. Biggest regret of something you did or didn't do?
    2. Any options you were unsure of, but now love?
    3. Anything you learned that really hurt/help resale value? (Not that I ever want to sell!)

If it matters, I'm considering dark grey exterior, a "brown" interior, carbon in and out, hand painted shields, and numerous technology options. Thank you in advance for taking the time to help me with my first build.

2. nickorette

nickorette Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2017
    Canada
    1. Alcantara in boot carpet -doesn't feel all that premium, carpet would've been nicer
    2. Last minute added blindspot monitoring and 360 camera, great tools to have
    3. Not selling so n/a

3. Dan Millman

Dan Millman Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 5, 2020
    Saint Louis
    Thanks!

4. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    I am coming up on three years now and will keep this one forever (famous last words). I was an early build slot so the configurator was actually missing some options that I regret not adding. Agree w dans points above. A few additional thoughts

1. full electric seats w memory (only option we could add at the time was full electric so I don’t have the memory option…I know this is a duh like recommendation but it suck’s not having jt, and there are clearly multiple options)
    2. Upgraded hifi (I think it sounds fantastic)
    3. Alcantara for interior carpet
    4. Headliner in leather or alcantara, again wasn’t an option when I built and I have a fabric one that is average at best
    5. Lifter…I am sure they will be plenty that say no but I have had to replace two front splitters and I have it! I think it’s a value add on resale

i didn’t do any carbon on the exterior and have the Grigio GTS paint and I don’t miss it at all, recommendation being do what u like as the car looks fantastic either way. I also opted for the standard seats and they are very comfortable. Post your build when u finalize it!

430jm likes this.
  5. Dan Millman

Dan Millman Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 5, 2020
    Saint Louis
    James - thank you for all of the feedback!

RamsHmb likes this.
  6. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Blind spot camera and lifter are a must.

430jm likes this.
  7. Dan Millman

Dan Millman Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 5, 2020
    Saint Louis
    Thank you!

8. Adam Greenberg

Adam Greenberg Formula Junior
    Miami 2018

May 12, 2018
    Full Name:
    Adam Greenberg
    Mine is in process and I ended with canna do fucile instead of a green or dark blue, dealer talked me out of it

Wish I would have done green. Bold, interesting color

I know the canna is classy and not a rub do the mill gray, but nonetheless, I wanted some damn green!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

9. Dan Millman

Dan Millman Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 5, 2020
    Saint Louis
    Thanks for sharing! Sorry about the green, but would love to see pics when you get them.

10. 430jm

430jm Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2017
    Atlanta
    Yep, I’m always told the lifter and carbon steering wheel, I think standard in 812, are what everyone looks for first.

11. Dan Millman

Dan Millman Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 5, 2020
    Saint Louis
    Thanks! I'll make sure Suspension Lifter and Back Radar are on the final build!!!

430jm likes this.
  12. nickorette

nickorette Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2017
    Canada
    Oh, also make sure you get the folding roof panel in leather (or alcantara depending on your roof lining), from what I understand the standard is low spec fabric

13. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Choice of seats- make sure to get it right. I thought I would be ok with the standard seats in the 812 but I realized it was a big mistake that I missed the race seats.

Hi-Fi & CarPlay. Hard/ hideously expensive to fit after the fact. You might not use them, but will seem inexpensive if you change your mind.

RamsHmb likes this.