Which Would You Buy??? | FerrariChat

Which Would You Buy???

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by scott63, Nov 15, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Which Car Would You Buy

1. 2002 Yellow/Black 360 Coupe with 1200 Miles

2. 2003 TDF Blue/Naturale 360 Coupe, Brand New

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. scott63

scott63 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Which of the following cars would you buy:

1) 2002 360 Coupe Yellow/Black, 1,200 Miles

F-1
    Shields
    Modular Wheels
    Front Challenge Grill
    Rear Challenge Grill
    Carbon Fiber Racing Seats
    Leather Headliner
    Leather Rear Shelf
    Cd Changer
    Yellow Stitching
    Tubi Exhaust

2) 2003 360 Coupe Tour De France Blue/Naturale, Brand New No Miles

F-1
    Shields
    Modular Wheels
    Daytona Seats
    Power Seats
    CD Changer

I would be the second owner on the yellow car and the first owner on the TDF Blue car. The brand new car is $10K more than the yellow car. I would be buying the new car at sticker price and the 2002 car at $10K under what the sticker was in 2002.... BTW, I like them both...

Any and all opinions welcome!!!

2. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I'd go with the brand spankin' new one myself.

3. JOEV

JOEV F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 6, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Go for option #2 - mainly because TDF/natural is absolutely spectacular. I mean it's truly breathtaking. :)

4. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    new one!!!!!! either way you go i am sure it will put a BIG smile on your face....... post lots of pics for the rest of as " huddled masses"! good luck and congrats to ya!

5. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    They seem to be pretty much the same cars, except for the stitching and leather headliner on the yellow car. Unless you are a really top-notch driver, the weight difference in the two cars' seats won't do anything for you at the track. Sure the carbon seats look good, but it shouldn't sway you from one car to the other.I would get tired of the yellow after a while.

You pay 10k more and you have a car that is worth at least 10k more because of the later model year, longer warranty coverage, etc. The challenge grill looks good but it would not be too visible on a navy blue car anyways, so that's no great loss. Get the TDF blue and enjoy it!

Where do you live? Maybe you can join us on some of our drives?

6. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    My 2 cents - go with the new one. 10K really is not that much for peace of mind knowing that you are the only one who has ever had the opportunity to mess it up or over rev it or anything like that. Plus, yellow would get old, and the blue is super elegant.

7. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    Wow...that's the best price on a 2002 360 I've ever seen. Where is the car? They usually command a premium over even a new '03. That said I think I would still take the '03.

Gary

8. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    For 10K more, the new one, no question. It comes down to options and color, not price here. You *can* get a tubi, challenge grill, etc. The stitching on the yellow can be done for the blue car for even more wow factor. An extra year of warranty is well worth the minor cost.

9. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
  10. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    Hmm..

The yellow 360 has Tubi exhaust but if you go with the 360 (TDF), which I find it looks better, you have a brand new car. And you could always had a tubi exhaust if really you want it.
    So I would go with the 360 Modena (TDF).

11. andrew911

andrew911 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2003
    Northern NJ
    I like choice #2- love the color, plus relatively speaking your getting a car brand spaking new- you can break it in as you please, get more warranty, and know you are the only one who has ever driven the car (well, except for delivery miles)... That said, I think either car would be great if you decide on car #1!

12. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Choice 2! What a color! As others said, no reason why you couldnt add on the challenge grill, tubi, and other options later on. So go with the new car!

13. mrmckay

mrmckay Formula Junior

Jul 14, 2003
    MD, USA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I'd go for what's behind door number #2. In either case enjoy the car.

14. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
  15. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

I'd buy the yellow car in a "NY second".

Think about why you are getting such a good deal on the blue one.

That alone should tell you something......can you get an equally attractive price point on a new 2003 yellow car with the same or similiar equipment........??? Probably not I would imagine......but you tell me.

Sure.....I like the blue color too.....but add up the cost of a Tubi, the extra options in the yellow car and the better resale of yellow....there you have it. 3-4-5 years from now when they are out of warranty and you need to resell it, you'll regret the blue car and those "Daytona" seats which I say are a negative.

I do not have a single customer who still has a car that I sold them 16 years ago...not a one. Everyone usually sells their car at some point and at the end of the day you MUST give this point some serious consideration.

16. scott63

scott63 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Actually, I will not have this car very long. I will use it for no longer than a year. I am in the process of waiting for a 6 speed 360. BTW, the good deal is on the yellow car if you solely look at price.

17. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    TDF blue for me . As mentioned before ,add Tubi & Challenge grill later.
    Tony.

18. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    TDF and naturale is an awesome combination. I'd pick option #2, but it's your car, go with your instincts. Best of luck and enjoy!

19. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

If you will not have the car very long, get the dealer to guarantee your buy back price in writing.....(if it's the same place).

Otherwise.....I'd say that the yellow car is the better deal in 12 months time.

More resaleable color
    More accessories
    Lower initial cost
    Less depreciation

Adding a Tubi and grills is just throwing money away if you do it to the blue car that you intend to move in 12 months........as well as the additional $10K of upfront depreciation, plus the additional hit as a used car that it will take. If the "deal" today is on the yellow one....what will the deal be that "you" need to make (in other words, how much MORE money will you have to lose below the price of the yellow car in 12 months time) to make it go away next year ?

20. rodsky

rodsky Formula 3

Mar 24, 2003
    Los Angeles
    I'm not sure I agree. He is getting a great deal on both but arguably better deal on the yellow one. He is getting a 2002 with 1200 miles and a bunch of extra options for $10K under sticker. The TDF is at sticker with less options. Apples to apples the yellow sounds like a better deal.

My other question is why is yellow better from a resale perspective. We have more people here that have said they prefer the TDF and as far as I'm concerned I'd take it far sooner than the yellow.

I'd say go for the TDF whether you plan on the short term or the long term. The 2003 will hold its value better than the 2002. Warranty is the issue. And I say it is a better color. But hey thats a taste thing.

21. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

Hi Rodsky....

Didn't you mean to say the blue one in your opinion is a better deal ? I think you made a typo, because you agreed with me in the first paragraph of your post. No big deal....I do often as well.......Freudian slip.

In any event, the people who replied here all own red Ferrari's judging from their profiles or none at all. So the issue may be warranty.....and he can always buy an extended warranty for a few thousand and transfer it at time of sale.

Interesting thread nonetheless.

22. rodsky

rodsky Formula 3

Mar 24, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Hi KDS

No I actually think the yellow is a better deal (as deals go). Its $10K under sticker, has a lot more options. The TDF is $10K more with less options but 1 year newer. So IMHO the yellow is a better deal.

Also, given that he plans to flip it in a year, I would say a 1 year old car would be easier to flip than a 2 year old car. It would its retain value better. I also think the TDF w/o Tubi is easier to sell - you can add the options if you like after the sale.

Hey I think he cant go wrong with either.

23. khayes

khayes Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Kelly Hayes
    I like yellow so I would choose the used car. They are both used cars the moment you sign the papers. Get the one you think you will like the best after a year.

24. Mojo

Mojo Formula 3

Sep 24, 2002
    Washington St.
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    Don't think about money or owners,
    Just buy the one that would make you happiest.
    Or find a red/tan one there the best :)

25. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Yellow one.