Would anyone like a new R/C electric helecopter? | FerrariChat

Would anyone like a new R/C electric helecopter?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by PeterS, Mar 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    #1 PeterS, Mar 6, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I just bought the Fun Piccolo electric R/C helecopter from one of my company's distributors. Coupled with a small amount of assembly time and the time to learn to fly a chopper (that I really do not have), I will sell this entire, complete and almost ready to fly setup for what I paid for it, $250.00. I just don't think I will ever learn to fly a chopper.

It's a great deal worth $450.00. See for yourself at a discount web based hobby shop, http://www.backyardhobbies.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=BACKYRD&Product_Code=IKPICKT&Category_Code=COMPKT

Drop me an email if you are interested at [email protected].

Pete
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. TimN88

TimN88 F1 Veteran

Jun 12, 2001
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Tim
    #2 TimN88, Mar 6, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    One of my good friends flys an Xcel .60 graphite with a carbon fiber boom, and carbon fiber blades. The kit alone was over $500, the engine was about $300 and the radio was even more. Its like 4 1/2 ft long and looks like this

he also has a concept .30, which was his first heli that he got back in the early 90's when he was probably no more than 13 yrs old.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Dave328

Dave328 Formula 3

Nov 24, 2002
    Katy
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I saw that Piccolo on R/C Hobbies on the DIY Network a few months ago. Seemed pretty cool, but I'm just afraid I'd get bored quickly with a helo, what with just hovering around the park. My Nitro car is a blast, but it sits on the shelf more than I prefer. :( But for sheer fun factor, I think cars are where it's at. Unless of course you're talking about 1/4 scale jets with actual turbines! Now those are cool as s#it!!

Dave

4. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    Peter,

I also tryed a Heli once a Kyosho Nexus 30. Needless to say it was nothing but a headach and i decided to sell it a local R/C auction

Rob

5. Enzo

Enzo F1 Rookie

Feb 14, 2002
    MinneSOta
    Full Name:
    Pat Pasqualini
    Heli's are fun but they are not toys by any means. I just sold my Nexus 46 adn it was extremly hard to learn to fly. The Piccolo is a very fun alternative. It is mainly for inside flying and you must be very careful even that can cause some damage. If I just didn't buy a house I would take it off your hands.

6. PeterS

Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    I hope all you guys are using my RC crystals from www.performancedevices.com!

7. PeterS

Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    TOP Thank you