New 911 - | FerrariChat

New 911 -

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by tonyh, Mar 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
  2. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    It is but its all good, and yes it does.

3. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Thanks for the post Tony. It has long been rumored that the 997 would go back to the 993 w.r.t. the front lights. Early spy shots also showed this transition "back to the past," so it's no surprise that this has come to bear. AutoWeek does have a fairly comprehensive write-up, though (the first that I've seen), and it's good to finally get some facts on the new model. I find it particularly interesting that Porsche will be offering "paddle shifting" for Tiptronic lovers. The captured shots don't look that flattering from the rear, but I've come to learn that the final production car can often appear quite different even from "thinly disguised" spy shots, due to trim and final details. Can't wait to see the final product. Porsche is definitely on a tear (from a profitability standpoint).

4. Uberpower

Uberpower Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 6, 2004
    Hmmm... that's generous. From a dead-on front stance, it looks like a VW Beetle "Wide-Track" to me.

No thanks.

5. Prancing_Horse

Prancing_Horse Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Arlington,VA
    Full Name:
    Dan
  6. Mojo

Mojo Formula 3

Sep 24, 2002
    Washington St.
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    I like it very much, the headlights are much improved and I like the rear picture, More power, better suspension, just like porsche, the newer the better. I would like to get one some day :)

7. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I really love the 'wide body' looking rear fenders the 997 has. More muscular than the 996, more like the 993TT's.

There was a link to a video of a black 997 going like a bat out of heck on the Nuremburgring (Nordschleife?) posted a while back.