Lotus Elise: Worth it? | FerrariChat

Lotus Elise: Worth it?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by PeterS, Mar 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    I have a 308 and want to look at the Lotus Elise as a second sports car. It looks like a cool car and has extremely good reviews and is not too expensive. Just seeing if anyone out there may own one, looked at them or has driven one.

All replies appreciated!

2. smiffy

smiffy Karting

Feb 7, 2004
    cardiff
    I sell the things! I take it you're refering to the Elise 111R with the toyota engine? Well the car does 0-60 in 4.9secs & top speed is circa 150mph. The car is going to be $39,999 & is cracking value for money. Goes like **** off a shovel & sticks to the road. Go & put a deposit down on one now, they'll be changing hands for over list price state-side!

3. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Short answer: yes.

4. lotustt

lotustt Formula 3

Aug 28, 2002
    Full Name:
    TRM
    Its a great car and especially how you said it. You want it as a second sports car, well then that is just perfect. I have looked one over thats touring the dealers but not driven yet, but sure looks fun. And of course the reviews speak for themselves. Get on a list and enjoy it when it comes.

5. F SPIDER

F SPIDER F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jan 30, 2002
    NYC, A'dam, W'stock
    Full Name:
    rijk rietveld
    I have one that I use as a dayly driver when I'm in Europe (which is every fourth week). I drive around going to meetings. Once you are in the car there is enough space (I'm 6'2" and 210LB). Except for my feet. I cannot push the gas without hitting the brake. So, I'm using driving shoes.

Getting in and out with the roof on is not a pretty sight, but I'm getting better at it.

Driving the car is such a delight. I'm constantly trying to avoid highways and try to find curvy secondary roads.

Just like my Daytona, driving the Elise is very involved. You are really in contact with the car. Everything is light and direct.

Do it, you'll love it.

Rijk

6. Mojo

Mojo Formula 3

Sep 24, 2002
    Washington St.
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    Don't get in a wreck, I hear it dosen't weigh very much, hence the fast car but only 190hp.