Sunday 03/07 10:30 ET - Drive & GP @ FoNE | FerrariChat

Sunday 03/07 10:30 ET - Drive & GP @ FoNE

Discussion in 'New England' started by Doody, Mar 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    Ladies and gentlemen. Boys and Girls. Children of all ages!

This post is just to make sure everybody knows the score for tomorrow's shindig.

We will be congregating at 10:30 ET on Sunday morning to worship at the temples of gas and grease (Mobil and McDonalds) located at the 95/128 highway service area on the southbound side in Wellesley MA, just south of the Route 90/Mass Pike and Route 16 exits.

See the attached map if you're in doubt. It's the "Mobil" graphic north of 9 and south of 90, just underneath the "Saint Mary's Cemetary" text. The cloverleath immediately north of the Mobil/rest area is Route 16 - sorry it's not labelled properly here.

If you've got Motorola radios - bring 'em along. We'll be on Channel 3 Code 8. If you have an extra radio, please bring it to share, if you don't mind.

From the meeting place, we will enjoy a jaunt around various parts of Taxachusetts and eventually zip back down 90 to end up at our friends' Ferrari of New England at 12:30 ET to enjoy a tasty buffet lunch of delectable goodies; a boutique discount so you can clothe your whole family in Ferrari (and Maserati, if you must) gear; and a tape of the first GP race of the season on the big-tee-vee - almost very nearly-live from Australia.

If you have any questions, email me mr_doody AT yahoo.com.

doody.

2. racerx

racerx Guest

Nov 23, 2003
    just a heads up for you guys. wbz had a story on yesterday about a brand new fleet of totally unmarked non-vics with the latest radar and comps. The copper said they were for combatting road rage, but you may be bombing down an empty stretch and see a plain monte carlo, taurus etc and ruin your day. They made a point of "latest radar". Have fun out there.
    T

3. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    RacerX,

Latest radar, FYI for those who don't know, is called "Pop" radar. It is almost as fast as Laser yet combined with instant on technology (hence the POP). It lays dormant and "off", then will POP out a radar signal and stop again. The V1 DOES pick it up, but you HAD BETTER know what to look for and HOPE he is tagging someone BEFORE you. If he lays dormant and then tags/POPs you, like laser it is game over.

Enjoy the Drive,

Steven R. Rochlin

4. racerx

racerx Guest

Nov 23, 2003
    The really sneaky part was that i got the impression that these cars will be moving just like every other plain car, not stationary and hidden.
    Now today's girl gets my vote. When there is a warm weather ride that we all attend and you show up, you'll have to remember the kindergarten rule - "do you have enough for the rest of the class".
    T

5. enjoythemusic

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    RacerX,

Do i have enough for the rest of the class. Ummm... there is a reson ALL my cars only seat 2 people :)

Tell ya what, if we have a get together in Brazil i'll gladly supply "the goods".

Enjoy the Drive,

Steven R. Rochlin

6. ChrisfromRI

ChrisfromRI Karting

Jan 28, 2003
    Foster, RI
    Full Name:
    Chris F
    Thanks for the drive Doody, Gene, Kenny, Gary and Susie!

What a great day it was, and FoNE had a nice buffet lunch as well.

Afterwards, I ended up stopping by another car club's event, and then joined a drive with a dozen S2000s. When I pulled into my garage at sunset I realized that I had put over 250 miles on the clock that day.

Kind Regards, Chris

7. billh

billh Karting

May 2, 2002
    central mass
    Full Name:
    Bill Henderson
    what no one has pics??????? I wanna see some hardware!!!

8. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    sorry - i do have a snap of the line outside FoNE, but haven't had the time to transfer it off my camera, etc.

there were five f-cars, four of which made it to FoNE. low-key drive other than chris's engine nearly blowing up (well, okay, not quite, but we had to pull over for a while).

doody.

9. ETW

ETW Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    Bill H, I will get pictures up later tonight...
    It was a whole lot of fun there, I saw quite a few firmiliar faces. Prova85, your Testarossa is the sickest sounding piece of machinery I have ever heard. I love it! Does anyone here own that 360 Modena in the parking lot with the big Hamann wheels? That thing looked pretty cool.

10. ChrisfromRI

ChrisfromRI Karting

Jan 28, 2003
    Foster, RI
    Full Name:
    Chris F
    Well not really that bad -- the thermostat stuck, it ran hot so it dumped some coolant, and then the thermostat unstuck and it was cooling down before we were even able to pull over. It all happened over about 30 seconds. Pulling over provided the opportunity to add some coolant and purge out the air.

Drove it for another 150 miles just fine!

Also bought a new thermostat while we were at FoNE...

Kind Regards, Chris

11. ETW

ETW Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    #12 ETW, Mar 8, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  12. ETW

ETW Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
  13. enjoythemusic

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Great pics!!!! DAMN, sorry to have missed it.

Ummm, nice FRONT license plates guys ;)
    Be glad Mr. officer did not catch on :)

Enjoy the Drive,

Steven R. Rochlin

14. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    Hey Guys,
    Sorry I missed it. Looks like it was great fun. But the suspension is back together now, so the NEXT drive I'm THERE!

Steven, C'mon man, nobody puts a front license plate on a Ferrari! It ruins the good looks! (My car hasn't even got a bracket or a place for a bracket!) Are you telling me yours has a front license plate? We gotta do something about that!

Chris, don't feel bad. The thermo switch in my radiator failed on a drive at Steven's last year and my car overheated. It was just a loose connection but how embarassing! Steven gave me a gallon of distilled water to take home and I have kept it in the back of the car as insurance ever since. (It will never overheat as long as you are prepared, but if I ever take that water out of the back, it's tempting fate!)

Birdman

15. Prova85

Prova85 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    So. Shore MA.
    Full Name:
    Kenny K
    Thanks ! That's how nice a Ferrari 12 can sound. Visceral is the word that comes to my mind. Next time we hook up again we'll go for a ride...

Great afternoon at FoNE. Nice spread... Like Arnold says : I'll be baccck.

Kenny K

16. spivy

spivy Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Newton, MA
    Full Name:
    Gene Spivak
    Guys,

Thank you for great afternoon. Let's hope for similar weather on 20th of March.

Be careful with this snow.

Forza Ferrari

17. billh

billh Karting

May 2, 2002
    central mass
    Full Name:
    Bill Henderson
    thanks for the pics! cars look awesome. wish I could have made it. kenny, we will have to meet at one of the events. I have an early TR with the high mirror as well. 51k miles. runs like new. Love it. do you have an aftermarket exhaust?

I will be there at the next race.

18. ETW

ETW Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    Thanks alot man, I'de really like that. Maybe that March 20th BBQ

19. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Beautiful pics -- only wish there were more. The Black 550 looks beautiful. Thanks for posting!

20. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    The black 550 IS beautiful!!!!! But I'm biased ;)

Here's the one snap I got. This is the row of four of us who made it to FoNE (Spivy, Doody, Prova85, ChrisFromRI, in order left to right). Gary and his better half in their 88 Testarossa left us on 495 after the thermostat "mishap" in Bellingham.

Doody!

21. ETW

ETW Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    #22 ETW, Mar 11, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  22. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Doody: I like that sexy black 550 with its wild interior. Lookin hot, yeah baby! :D

--Dan